Page 107 of 224 FirstFirst ... 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,675 of 5590

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthop View Post
    Yeah.. I've done the searches just trying to be doubly sure
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    My renter who is a cop texted me the other day asking about CBD. He heard I knew and he wanted in on some pain killing action. LOL! I told him even with Hemp derived CBD there is a chance he could test positive but he might be able to use topical.

Thoughts? Anyone with experience testing while using topical?
    Splat's Splooge has been drug tested many times. No THC and it fucking works.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Splat's Splooge has been drug tested many times. No THC and it fucking works.
    Splooge testing? Is this cop trying to impregnate KQ or just pass a drug test?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Splat's splooge? Is this cop trying to impregnate KQ or just pass a drug test?
    I think that's not possible, but close to both.

What's the cheapest and easiest way to ship a broken tent pole in for repair? Poster tube? USPS?

It's just under 20" long if that makes a difference.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    What's the cheapest and easiest way to ship a broken tent pole in for repair? Poster tube? USPS?

Yes. Just take some cardboard wrap it and ship it USPS by weight. Shouldn't cost more than 10, which is a ripoff, but, it depends on if it's alu or carbon fiber.

Or, if you want to get smart, smash that shit and put it in a flat rate box.

Ziplock lettuce bags with holes in them.

Can someone explain the logic?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Ziplock lettuce bags with holes in them.

Can someone explain the logic?
    It seems to keep better that way. Too moist without the holes, too dry without the bag. I recently discovered this--some lettuce I left in the bag with holes lasted longer than the stuff that was in a sealed container. America's Test Kitchen says the way to preserve herbs is to wrap loosely with damp paper towel, put in plastic bag, but don't seal the bag, put in fridge. Seems to work, sort of the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    It seems to keep better that way. Too moist without the holes, too dry without the bag. I recently discovered this--some lettuce I left in the bag with holes lasted longer than the stuff that was in a sealed container. America's Test Kitchen says the way to preserve herbs is to wrap loosely with damp paper towel, put in plastic bag, but don't seal the bag, put in fridge. Seems to work, sort of the same thing.
    Wouldn't a twist tie or one of those little plastic fasteners work just as well and be cheaper?

I just take it out of the plastic bag from the produce department, rinse it, wrap it loosely in damp paper towels and put it back in the bag it came in, don't tie it and put it in the fridge.

I think those ziplocs ar designed so you can seal the bag but why would you want to pay money for a bag to do that when you can do the same thing for free and without generating more plastic waste with a bag you already have?

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    I just take it out of the plastic bag from the produce department, rinse it, wrap it loosely in damp paper towels and put it back in the bag it came in, don't tie it and put it in the fridge.
    I just put it back in the untied bag, Lettuce gets consumed here quickly.
    I think those ziplocs ar designed so you can seal the bag but why would you want to pay money for a bag to do that when you can do the same thing for free and without generating more plastic waste with a bag you already have?
    B-I-N-G-O.

Currently constructing a BLT and shallots salad with red and romaine lettuces.

I prefer the romaine, but the girl likes the leafy red.

Other course is leek and celery soup with lemon and tobiko.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post

I know in Portland there are tent pole repair people in town. I would have to believe that’s the same on lots of places. Is this for warranty? Or on your own dime?

There's multiple places in Portland whose business is repairing tent poles?

Get with it boomers
    Rubbermaid Produce Food Storage, 6.3 Cup, Green https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BD166DY...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Random Unthreadworthy Questions

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    There's multiple places in Portland whose business is repairing tent poles?
    Just one business that employs multiple people that I know of

Edit: technically Vancouver. Vancouver, WA.

https://tentpoletechnologies.com/

Get with it boomers
    Rubbermaid Produce Food Storage, 6.3 Cup, Green https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BD166DY...ing=UTF8&psc=1
    Why would I pay 13 bucks for something I can get for free--the bag the lettuce came with or the thin plastic bags you put the herbs in at the grocery store.
    BTW ATK says spread the strawberries out on a plate in the fridge with paper towels under and on top, so none of them get crushed. I haven't tried this. I don't have that kind of room in the fridge.

How much are those 14’ tall, 2x4 framed, wood sided, standard appliance, full bathroom, fully stocked tiny homes on trailers really weighing in at?

Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
    How much are those 14’ tall, 2x4 framed, wood sided, standard appliance, full bathroom, fully stocked tiny homes on trailers really weighing in at?
    If you have to ask...

well it depends what the other dimensions are. But say 10'x20' is probably somewhere in the 8,000 to 12,000 lb range depending on a lot of variables.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Why would I pay 13 bucks for something I can get for free--the bag the lettuce came with or the thin plastic bags you put the herbs in at the grocery store.
    BTW ATK says spread the strawberries out on a plate in the fridge with paper towels under and on top, so none of them get crushed. I haven't tried this. I don't have that kind of room in the fridge.
    You are an old fart who is set in their ways and off's my lawn. From years of experience, that stupid little box greatly extends the life of produce over a non-breathable plastic bag. But you keep doing you.

You are an old fart who is set in their ways and off's my lawn. From years of experience, that stupid little box greatly extends the life of produce over a non-breathable plastic bag. But you keep doing you.
    I don't care how you store food--it's all going to taste of the bile in your mouth. But you're right--a sealed plastic bag is not the best way to store leafy and other delicate produce. And the converse--for a lot of food, like meat--the bag should not only be sealed but you want to get all the air out of it that you can.

Have always used terrycloth bags. Wet with cold water, wring em out and store veggies fresh for a while
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

My broccoli system is to cut some of the stem off to expose a fresh part, rinse them well with water, put them back in the bag wet and tie the bag. Revives even pretty dried-out broc and keeps it good for a long time.

If you were wondering.

Who would've thought there'd be such a thing as a broccoli system?
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.