Page 134 of 224 FirstFirst ... 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 ... LastLast
Results 3,326 to 3,350 of 5590
    Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    ¶ My absolutely lazy method when I have characters I need to use repeatedly is to put them in another window and copy-paste as needed.

¶ Paragraphs are an easy alt code though. Hold left alt, then type 20 on the num pad.

¶ Like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iowagriz View Post
    Danno, similar to Abraham's approach. Look into Word for a function that I think was called easy text (it's been a long time).

Many years ago, our Audit team used this. I remember codes and then F2 (or similar). You could have this created and shared amongst a team for creating report writing templates (in our case).

B101,F2 might produce and entire paragraph on unprotected passwords.

I'd think something like this could be used for the simple paragraph symbol up to larger, commonly used text.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
    Thanks y'all. And I will try to remember that alt 20 thing. Years ago, I did set up the section symbol as alt-s on my computer, but alt-p was reserved for printing or something.

But in any event, I find it weird that Word makes it so multistep to get it, and it's 2 additional steps deeper even after you choose "insert/symbol". At least for lawyers, Core Shot notwithstanding, it's a common textual reference to other documents.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Instead of an edit on my previous post...looks like it is called AutoText

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...Newer_versions

Can be tedious to create, but a huge time-saver in the long run.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Thanks y'all. And I will try to remember that alt 20 thing. Years ago, I did set up the section symbol as alt-s on my computer, but alt-p was reserved for printing or something.
    ALT and 21 = §

2003 pt cruiser. Manual transmission with custom leather flames interior and 73,000 miles... should I buy it? My first car was a pt cruiser and i loved that dang car.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by larilinesign View Post
    2003 pt cruiser. Manual transmission with custom leather flames interior and 73,000 miles... should I buy it? My first car was a pt cruiser and i loved that dang car.

only if you wear Guy Fieri bowler's shirts everywhere and get a custom plate of FLVATWN

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    only if you wear Guy Fieri bowler's shirts everywhere and get a custom plate of FLVATWN

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    All this talk about "live your dreams everyday" and finally, I know what it could mean.

Microsoft Word:

Inserting the "paragraph" symbol. Why is it so many steps to get this? "Insert/Symbol/More Symbols/Special characters"? Like, isn't it one of the more common symbols, such that you shouldn't have to select "more" to see the extra ones, and even then select "special characters"? And why does it not have a shortcut either?

Am I just doing it wrong, is there an easier way? Or are lawyers the only ones who use it, and we're such a small subset that it deserves to be way more hidden than, for ex, the greek letter beta?
    For decades I've assigned shortcut keys to paragraph and section. Super easy to do. Alt-P Alt-S.
    ⁋ §
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    For decades I've assigned shortcut keys to paragraph and section. Super easy to do. Alt-P Alt-S.
    ⁋ §
    I did alt-s years ago, but on my computer it wouldnt allow alt-p because that was for printing or something.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

and I just discovered that the alt-20 things isn't working for me, maybe because I'm on my laptop and don't have a number pad?

I did alt-s years ago, but on my computer it wouldnt allow alt-p because that was for printing or something.
    ctrl P is print. If you call me I can walk you through it provided you have the latest version of Word. Just go to insert, symbol, find the one you want, then there is a button for shortcut key.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    ctrl P is print. If you call me I can walk you through it provided you have the latest version of Word. Just go to insert, symbol, find the one you want, then there is a button for shortcut key.
    you're right re print, but whatever it was, the system would not let me use alt-p. Like I said, I set alt-s for the section so I know how to do it. But fuck me running, it let me do it today. No idea why it wouldn't let me do it years ago, maybe I was so high I kept trying ctrl-p, even though I had just set up alt-s for the section.

Name:  E2Seb8jVEAAhMh8.png
Views: 368
Size:  172.0 KB

Classic stoner story. Glad it worked out.

Driving down MT-191 to Big Sky and its 8:30 in the am and traffic is heavy and piled up. 2 cars back is some exotic car that would give Bobby a woody. Get to a passing lane, lots of oncoming traffic and he whips out and passes to get in front of me, baby blue Maclaren with WA vanity plate Too Fast. We get into a narrow stretch that is 2x yellow and still backed up when a new Porsche makes a pass to get behind the Maclaren. The next 10 miles is curvy, packed and lots of oncoming traffic. We hit the next section with some passing lanes but traffic is still heavy in both directions. I am able to watch a couple more hair raising passes. We pull into Big Sky and the light is red for southbound traffic and there are 6 exotics at the light and 3 more pull in behind. Light turns green and they take off south bound like a bat outta hell.

Cannonball?
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Why are paragraph symbols written out in law-law-land?

Why does this site work so shitty on desktops?

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    ALT and 21 = §
    News I can use.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    The Russians?

Only works with a numpad.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Why are paragraph symbols written out in law-law-land?
    It's a reference thing. Documents -- contracts, briefs, etc -- often have numbered parts. Sometimes they are labeled as numbered "sections" (when each section has multiple paragraphs) and sometimes they are labeled as numbered "paragraphs" and sometimes they are just numbered. So, when you are discussing that document, either in a letter or a brief, you need to refer back, and often that is not done by page number but by section or paragraph number (because page number is less precise), especially when each paragraph has a number. In that case, the reference is usually going to be to the paragraph number, and that is done with the ¶ symbol (especially in citations, less so when it is a textual reference).

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    I blame Bezos and the Amazon server farms.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

It's a reference thing. Documents -- contracts, briefs, etc -- often have numbered parts. Sometimes they are labeled as numbered "sections" (when each section has multiple paragraphs) and sometimes they are labeled as numbered "paragraphs" and sometimes they are just numbered. So, when you are discussing that document, either in a letter or a brief, you need to refer back, and often that is not done by page number but by section or paragraph number (because page number is less precise), especially when each paragraph has a number. In that case, the reference is usually going to be to the paragraph number, and that is done with the ¶ symbol (especially in citations, less so when it is a textual reference).
    I find that litigators, dirt lawyers and general practitioners use “Paragraph” when what they should use is “Section” since they’re already clearly fucking numbered, lettered, and romanetted.

That’s my petty rant for the day.
    I still call it The Jake.

I'm more of a chapter and verse proponent.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Driving down MT-191 to Big Sky and its 8:30 in the am and traffic is heavy and piled up. 2 cars back is some exotic car that would give Bobby a woody. Get to a passing lane, lots of oncoming traffic and he whips out and passes to get in front of me, baby blue Maclaren with WA vanity plate Too Fast. We get into a narrow stretch that is 2x yellow and still backed up when a new Porsche makes a pass to get behind the Maclaren. The next 10 miles is curvy, packed and lots of oncoming traffic. We hit the next section with some passing lanes but traffic is still heavy in both directions. I am able to watch a couple more hair raising passes. We pull into Big Sky and the light is red for southbound traffic and there are 6 exotics at the light and 3 more pull in behind. Light turns green and they take off south bound like a bat outta hell.

Cannonball?
    Corsa. They were in the hotel parking garage yest morning. Pretty fucking tits cars. Probably douchebags.

Pap a tap. (People are people and that's a problem)

Why are there mormon missionaries in Utah?

Just told a pair to get the fuck off my porch. Apparently they can’t read the large no soliciting sign on the front door.
    The look on their faces was worth the price of admission though.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

One might argue they were not soliciting but proselytizing. You need to fix your sign.