Page 118 of 224 FirstFirst ... 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,950 of 5590
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    Exactly. I've already got a fine decorative indoor mat with a cute saying on it. Now I need the companion outdoor mat that will do the heavy lifting. It'll live all year on the deck right outside the door so it'll be exposed to the elements.
    I'm telling you, for outdoors you need a metal grate and a way to remove debris from underneath. My dad had some heavy duty piece of steel grate he cut from who knows what, possibly a cattle guard. You probably don't need to go that far.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    I'm telling you, for outdoors you need a metal grate and a way to remove debris from underneath. My dad had some heavy duty piece of steel grate he cut from who knows what, possibly a cattle guard. You probably don't need to go that far.
    Yep, this is the setup we use at our huts, along with a boot brush/scraper right next to the grate. Any mat with enough pile/texture to scrap serious shit off boots is going to get trashed living outside and wear out pretty quick, ime. As it is our boot scrapers barely last a season, granted that's with a commercial volume of traffic; at a personal cabin it should last way longer.
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Random Unthreadworthy Questions

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1656367437.059895.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	444.2 KB 
ID:	420079

This is the back door mat. Damn near indestructible, the metal rusts before the tire parts wear out. Similar to the metal grate without the weight or hole being created, can take a pressure washer like it’s a spring shower. It’s on a concrete slab so we stomp and scrape away at the boot muck. Don’t over think it.

I forgot to add that I know more now about riserx’s feet than I wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I forgot to add that I know more now about riserx’s feet than I wanted to.
    However, Doug at the Skirack did an awesome job on my ski boots. He's knows more than you do about my feet.

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1656367437.059895.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	444.2 KB 
ID:	420079

This is the back door mat. Damn near indestructible, the metal rusts before the tire parts wear out. Similar to the metal grate without the weight or hole being created, can take a pressure washer like it’s a spring shower. It’s on a concrete slab so we stomp and scrape away at the boot muck. Don’t over think it.
    Good recommendation. That's about as old school as it gets.
    For gardening, working in my shop, quick outside tasks, etc I keep a pair of crocs by the door. Fuzzy lining and no holes for the winter, holes and no lining for the summer. I would not be caught dead wearing them in public. I normally wear flip flops all summer but sometimes the toes need protecting or I need a little better traction and support on sloped uneven ground. Slip them on when I go out, off when I come in.
    When its wet outside we use an old towel for an inside back door mat--we have a bunch and throw them in the wash as needed.. This is mainly for the dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Shoes off inside isn't some weird stuck up policy. Seems pretty common to me. :shrug:
    Yup. Shoes off. Uggs on.

I have an LL Bean Waterhog in my mud room. It's been great for going on 14 years.

https://www.floormat.com/5-things-yo...og-floor-mats/
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

It boggles my mind why people would want to wear outdoor shoes indoors around their house or other peoples houses.

I was looking at a new pair of house shoes/ slippers the other day, there is some bougie shit out there now. $150+ per at REI.

However, Doug at the Skirack did an awesome job on my ski boots. He's knows more than you do about my feet.
    He got paid for it. PM me your address and I’ll get you an invoice.

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    I was looking at a new pair of house shoes/ slippers the other day, there is some bougie shit out there now. $150+ per at REI.
    Link?

Olukai are the shit, but come on, we all know that’s not even going to come close to being the most expensive slipper

Ten seconds of google:

https://www.therealreal.com/products...g-slides-dw2lt

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    It boggles my mind why people would want to wear outdoor shoes indoors around their house or other peoples houses.
    I explained it all above. The inside footwear, aka "shoes", are dedicated for indoors and not worn outdoors.

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    You need house shoes in a van?

Quote Originally Posted by half-fast View Post
    Especially with a van/trailer/camper. Not only do they keep a small space from becoming a slagmaster’s den when transitioning from outdoor footwear to interior loungewear, but they really tie the outdoor rug under the awning together with the van drapes.

Wife is a fan of haflinger https://haflingercanada.com/collections/men slippers and picked me up a pair. Very nice both in the house, or on travels in the mobile domicile. Seem to be lasting well too.

I explained it all above. The inside footwear, aka "shoes", are dedicated for indoors and not worn outdoors.
    Oh my comment wasn’t directed at you. I wear glerups indoors.

Oh my comment wasn’t directed at you. I wear glerups indoors.
    Ah, you meant if I showed up and wanted to wear my filthy barn boots in your house.

or the shoes your wore into the bathroom on the airplane that you now want to walk around my house in

or the shoes your wore into the bathroom on the airplane that you now want to walk around my house in
    Ick.

Since it was recently referenced in another thread, when/why/how did eating ass become a thing?

Quote Originally Posted by krp8128 View Post
    Since it was recently referenced in another thread, when/why/how did eating ass become a thing?
    Don't BBQ much do you?
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by half-fast View Post
    100% I get in/ out of the sliding door. Into house shoes. Never had wet shoes in the front in 5 years. I'm a neat freak.

Quote Originally Posted by krp8128 View Post
    1860. German immigrant sells first hot dog from a food cart in NYC.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Now I want a knish