Page 67 of 224 FirstFirst ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 5590
    Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    So Q-hatter friend is on about grocery shortages. Anyone seeing actual empty shelves? Or thinly stocked?
    Not for me, I can get all items in the shopping list. Some internet purchase deliveries are taking a little bit longer, but that's a different issue, and it's not terrible, a day or two longer than it used to be.

At the local Costco the other week, they were out of TP, wtf. Flashback to March of last year, highly annoying. We never bought into the "hoard 10 cases of it" bullshit, so it was an actual inconvenience.

Quote Originally Posted by dannynoonan View Post
    At the local Costco the other week, they were out of TP, wtf. Flashback to March of last year, highly annoying. We never bought into the "hoard 10 cases of it" bullshit, so it was an actual inconvenience.
    I still keep a few extra cases around, I never go below 2.

Shortages is nearing a thread within an unthreadworthy thread.

Why do my balls stick to the side of my leg?

Peanut butter

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Peanut butter
    Desperate times?
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Desperate measures
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Tons of oos items at my local king soopers. Whole sections of shelves are bare.

No tp in the Costco last week, which was the main reason I went there in the first place although I did still manage to spend like $150 on other crap.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Only $150. Kudos, you did well.

How much is supply chain and how much is just not having people to stock the shelves?

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    How much is supply chain and how much is just not having people to stock the shelves?
    Tough to say if the supply chain can't stock their shelves.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Tough to say if the supply chain can't stock their shelves.
    I just hope the supply chain for $400 shower heads isn't affected.
    I still call it The Jake.

Why isn't there a supply chain thread?

Oh wait, there is. https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...upply-shitshow

How much effort should I make to return packages sent for a former resident? From two different shipping companies. Called UPS already, they said a local rep would call about coming to get them and never folllowed up of course. That was a 5 minute sitting on hold adventure.

If you have the time and there are nearby branches of the shipping companies I'd drop them off. If there isn't a nearby office I'd take them to any place that accepts packages for shipping by those companies. Personally I'd rather have them off my hands asap than wait for someone to pick them up.

Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post
    How much effort should I make to return packages sent for a former resident? From two different shipping companies. Called UPS already, they said a local rep would call about coming to get them and never folllowed up of course. That was a 5 minute sitting on hold adventure.
    I got a package the other day for a former resident. I contacted the company that sent it, told them who it was for and the address it was sent to, and asked them to provide that person with my contact info so she could get the package. No idea if they did so.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

For USPS just write return to sender and put it on your porch

in a tight labor market shitty jobs are having problems?

Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post
    Look over the label real close. Sometimes major shippers will imbed the member's/recipient's phone number on the label. Amazon/FedEx does.

For USPS just write return to sender and put it on your porch
    That works most places but not in Truckee (besides the fact that the USPS here doesn't deliver mail to porches). We can't even redirect first class mail. At our cluster box the carrier put up a sign telling people not to put mis-delivered mail in the outgoing mail slot. I guess we're supposed to deliver direct to the recipients house ourselves or stand in line at the PO. And if it's a package from the parcel locker obviously we have no choice.

The novice skier gf picked this up for herself on a lightning deal partly to be cute and funny but partly thinking functional. The company is tipsyelves. I think it's a parody company? I'm voting hard no.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20211026_224142962.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	751.4 KB 
ID:	390476

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    The novice skier gf picked this up for herself on a lightning deal partly to be cute and funny but partly thinking functional. The company is tipsyelves. I think it's a parody company? I'm voting hard no.
    Wait, really? I think this is awesome; maybe a little less awesome on a beginner, but really, if you're a total beginner, why not own it?

Need pics of the gf sans fartbag.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    Wait, really? I think this is awesome; maybe a little less awesome on a beginner, but really, if you're a total beginner, why not own it?
    Agreed. Totally awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    .At our cluster box the carrier put up a sign telling people not to put mis-delivered mail in the outgoing mail slot.
    You should've put up a sign asking him not to mis-deliver the mail.