Page 165 of 226 FirstFirst ... 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 ... LastLast
Results 4,101 to 4,125 of 5635

How did someone ring my back doorbell without leaving any tracks in the feet of snow leading to the back door?
    Also, why do we have a rear doorbell. Or a front one. If you want me to let you in call me. If you dont have my number I don't want to open the door for you.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    How did someone ring my back doorbell without leaving any tracks in the feet of snow leading to the back door?
    Also, why do we have a rear doorbell. Or a front one. If you want me to let you in call me. If you dont have my number I don't want to open the door for you.
    Doorbells exist to give FedEx ninjas something to ignore as they slap a "sorry we missed you" tag on your door

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    I just got a wedding invite that says "black tie preferred". The wedding is at 2:30 in the afternoon. What percent of people will wear tuxes? It's my good friend's daughter. Do I have to wear a tux?
    No black tie before 6pm.
    trousers, jacket, button up, seasonally appropriate dress shoes.
    Tie optional and possibly even loose knowing your thick Irish neck

How often do those of yo with functional fireplaces close the flu?
    I occasionally do if it is REALLY cold ( below 15 F) or stupid windy.
    This recent BS "naheastah" made me think of it.

Prefer to keep it open as even though all in the house know to check first I still fear a fire with a closed flu

Random Unthreadworthy Questions

Waiting on a shipment from Trekinn out of Spain…i was aware it might take a little while but I’m starting to wonder as the tracking seems to have died…last update was that it left europe
    Sitting in customs? It’s not expensive enough for taxes
    Shipper is NLPost/USPS
    Anyone have experience ordering from trekinn?

Ya - trekinn can take a loooong time. Although I did have one item that after 6 months I gave up on and they gave me a refund. Very cheap tires on bikinn though so all in all worth it. Just best to order them in the fall in hopes of getting them in the summer!

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    How often do those of yo with functional fireplaces close the flu?
    I occasionally do if it is REALLY cold ( below 15 F) or stupid windy.
    This recent BS "naheastah" made me think of it.

Prefer to keep it open as even though all in the house know to check first I still fear a fire with a closed flu
    I always close it after the last fire has cooled. The brick floors get too cold if I don’t.

Back when I had a fireplace, I always kept the flue closed, but we didn't have many fires. I suppose if I was using it multiple times a week I would have left it open.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I always close it after the last fire has cooled. The brick floors get too cold if I don’t.
    smart, do you have an open/closed sign on the hearth?

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    smart, do you have an open/closed sign on the hearth?
    No, I just assume it’s closed. I did fuck that up once, so now I always check. I’ll never forget that shit show.

Once you get a draft going up the chimney from a fire it wants to continue even after the fire is out and it'll suck the heat right out of the house if you let it do so, so I always close it once the fire is out. Step one in building a fire is check the flue, make sure to open it before proceeding. Never fucked that one up, amazingly enough.

Right on about the tux, I mean I have one, but 2:30 in the afternoon? And it's been so long since I wore the thing I'd probably need to get it tailored. Fuck that noise.

Once you get a draft going up the chimney from a fire it wants to continue even after the fire is out and it'll suck the heat right out of the house...
    Even with the draft closed, it can leak air like crazy, although Woodsy doesn't feel the temp change till 15°
    ​I am not in your hurry

Right on about the tux, I mean I have one, but 2:30 in the afternoon? And it's been so long since I wore the thing I'd probably need to get it tailored. Fuck that noise.
    I only keep mine so they can dress me in it before they incinerate my azz

eta; asterisk on my dnr... clam diggers and a wife beater?
    ​I am not in your hurry

Yeah I didn't want to get too complicated for Woodsy but I had one of these flue blockers for years, pretty much the same deal except it gets propped up by the leg diretly under the flue: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

edit: $64 seems mighty steep for what it is, I think I paid like $19. or something but it was a while ago.

In the new house I just went with gas, I sneered at it for years but it's pretty nice to just hit a button on the remote.

Do irrational numbers get upset more often?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

How is one third rational until you make it irrational?

I need to buy my middle school daughter a soccer ball and obviously I am not a golfer, don't know shit about soccer or soccer balls. Are there different sizes? "Features" I should be looking for (other than "round")? What (reasonably priced) ball on Amazon should I get?
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I need to buy my middle school daughter a soccer ball and obviously I am not a golfer, don't know shit about soccer or soccer balls. Are there different sizes? "Features" I should be looking for (other than "round")? What (reasonably priced) ball on Amazon should I get?
    Figure out the required size for her league (I'm guessing 4 or 5) and don't get some shit plastic paneled ball that will make her hate the game because it hurts to kick hard, can't be easily manipulated (too slippery, esp. when wearing cleats).

Adidas makes a nice ball and their synthetic material (TPU I think) is pretty soft (pros use a poly blend). You won't need to spend more than $35 bucks at Dick's I'd imagine.
    I still call it The Jake.

I did this one recently. I start by searching Amazon for soccer ball, and then I read a couple reviews. And then I look at related soccer balls. And then I talk myself into buying her the premium ball and won’t she just love it? And then I say no she won’t care the little brat, so I put the cheapest one in my cart. But then I see a mid-range ball made by Wilson and that’s kind of cute like that movie, what’s it called? So I buy that one and the whole thing only took an hour and I need a beer now.

This shit’s exhausting.

My fiancé tried to get me to jump down that rabbit hole with her in re: wall sconces again and I said fuck that. Pick the first one you like and I’ll let you know if I love it (spoiler: I sure will!).
    focus.

ok, didn't want to go the exhausting route, found an adidas ball on amazon in the right size (there are sizes???), now I just need to find the pin/pump I know I have. Thanks guys.

Yeah I didn't want to get too complicated for Woodsy but I had one of these flue blockers for years, pretty much the same deal except it gets propped up by the leg diretly under the flue: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

edit: $64 seems mighty steep for what it is, I think I paid like $19. or something but it was a while ago.
    This right here. Even with the flue shut the difference between having the balloon in place or not is huge in keeping the house warm! I'm confident I've made that cost up several times over.

Living in So Cal, I have never shut the flue. Maybe I should give that a try, as it does get chilly at night.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Yes, soccer balls are sold by size- usually based on the youth soccer league regulations for diameter and weight. https://www.adidas.com/us/soccer-bal...80&cm_mmca1=US

Start there at the bottom under FAQ for the ranges (middle school meaning 6-8 grade??) so 12-14 YO? So Size 5 Soccer ball and then pick the material and training ball vs competition game ball and some other decisions (color or other things.)

Get the red one