Page 69 of 226 FirstFirst ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 5635
    Rebar?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Random Unthreadworthy Questions

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Any of the Kong toys in the "Extreme" (black) rubber blend.
    Big fan of the Kong that she has. Didn’t know they made a rope toy…was hoping the rope was Kevlar and not cotton though

Thanks all for the suggestions. Rebar and granite may last a week or two and much cheaper than pet store toys.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
    Any brands out there that make durable dog toys? My dog’s teeth are like serrated knives and razors. She’ll shred and eat a rope bone in no time. Deer antlers seem to sharpen them so I only let her have that for 15-20 minutes at a time. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    We've had pretty good durability with these -
    https://www.instacart.com/landing?pr...EaAonjEALw_wcB

Costco has them on sale periodically.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Is there any way to direct link to a Google doc from an android home screen?

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    pretty sure this is the one

That’s the one!

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    Is there any way to direct link to a Google doc from an android home screen?
    I think you should be able to do it by sharing the doc by copying it to the clipboard and pasting the copied link into chrome then going to the 3 dots on the chrome tab and clicking add to home screen from the drop-down menu
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Why is a bagel approximately 100x hotter coming out of the toaster than a piece of toast? There has to be some science for it

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Why is a bagel approximately 100x hotter coming out of the toaster than a piece of toast? There has to be some science for it
    Thermal mass.

Jewish lightning?
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Because the bagel was too fat, got stuck in the toaster and caught fire. Very amusing when it happens in the OR lounge and all the fire doors come crashing down, decapitating and dismembering the un-alert, and about 6 fire trucks show up and the place is swarming with pissed off firefighters. They take fire alarms from hospitals very very seriously. To be honest, I've never known anyone to be injured by a fire door closing but given that hospitals are full of slow moving people including many in wheelchairs, it's inevitable. (While we're on the subject--a parking garage outside a medical center is no place for the impatient.

I've heard a rumor that 60% of ER visits in NYC are from slicing a palm cutting a bagel. Prove me wrong.

In other news, I found this guy who owns 3 bagel shops around encinidas? cali the other day and I got a fucking perfect bialy. My friend from VT didn't even know what I was asking for. A bee ally? WTF is that? Garden State Bagles FTW. The mf even had a NYC hot dog slinging beanie on like a micro rocky, and just bitched in an accent about getting out of Californication. I felt like home in some sense. He even had taylor pork roll/ham. I didn't trust him to cook it right though.

"This bagel cost me 35 cents to make. You know that!? I sell it for 2 dollars. You see? Good margins, right?! With this fucking government, see the gas across the street, it's fucking 5.20. See that. This government takes everything from me. I don't even make 35 cents on this bagel!"

True words. I really wanted to take his portrait, but I wasn't awake enough.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

I'm about to list my wife's fat bike for sale. I'm considering putting, "If you're an antivaxer, go fuck yourself, I won't sell it to you." Is that too obnoxious?

Just let them show up, and ask them then. If they say anti-vax, say price is double.

"If you're an anti-vaxer ask the person reading this to you to punch you in the nuts and then walk home because I'm not selling my bike to you."

Jaque is a great guy, I always used to make a point of skiing a bit with him every winter. Hell of a artist too

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    They’ve been to Mt Bachelor several times. Nice people

There’s a long time MtB local (Jacque) that owns 69 fartbags

The former maggot known as flowing alpy has a onsie that I am convinced came from the wardrobe of Parliament-Funkadelic

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I've heard a rumor that 60% of ER visits in NYC are from slicing a palm cutting a bagel. Prove me wrong.
    Toaster fires, sliced palms--it was a big mistake when we let the Gentiles have bagels. We Jews learn the importance of cutting carefully when we're 8 days old.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Toaster fires, sliced palms--it was a big mistake when we let the Gentiles have bagels. We Jews learn the importance of cutting carefully when we're 8 days old.
    we can’t be trusted

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Thermal mass.
    And the smooth surface means more of your skin is touching it. When you're holding a slice of bread, there's still a lot of air between it and your fingers.

Those all sound logical, but I presumed it was partially because of more oil in the bagel batter?

The smoothness was my initial thought as well but the oil and mass are also good. Probably a combo of all of it

Pretty sure a traditional bagel recipe doesn't include oil (though all bets are off on store bought)

Will the bagel still be hotter if the toaster is on a treadmill? Surely someone here has a treadmill in their attic or basement and can do the experiment.

Gona suggest a toaster oven if you are a bagel person, they don't get stuck, brown well, almost as fast, then you only get the fires when the gruyere cheese drips down on the toaster element
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Well once it’s flying the airspeed will surely cool it off

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post

In other news, I found this guy who owns 3 bagel shops around encinidas? cali the other day and I got a fucking perfect bialy. My friend from VT didn't even know what I was asking for. A bee ally? WTF is that? Garden State Bagles FTW. The mf even had a NYC hot dog slinging beanie on like a micro rocky, and just bitched in an accent about getting out of Californication. I felt like home in some sense. He even had taylor pork roll/ham. I didn't trust him to cook it right though.

"This bagel cost me 35 cents to make. You know that!? I sell it for 2 dollars. You see? Good margins, right?! With this fucking government, see the gas across the street, it's fucking 5.20. See that. This government takes everything from me. I don't even make 35 cents on this bagel!"

True words. I really wanted to take his portrait, but I wasn't awake enough.
    Yeah, the skiing sucks around here, but bagels and pork roll egg & cheese sammies are excellent. Bialys are really good also, although the place in town doesn't have them despite their excellent bagels.