Page 20 of 226 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    When you post something for sale, and someone replies that they will take it, what's the next step? If the person doesn't PM you to continue the transaction, but someone else does PM you asking for the item, are you supposed to PM the person who posted first?

EDIT: I realize I can do whatever the fuck I want, just curious, and this thread is the right place for the question.
    cash talks.

unless you have a connection to the person or a reason to give them priority (ie, they live locally, etc), go with the higher bidder.

here's my question for the day:

i really like shaths. what is a shath you say? well, it's the glorious bastard child of a shower and a bath. you rinse ur gunk off, get squeaky clean, and then relax in a clean bath, free of the smells of your day out skiing. it's the poor man's hot tub.

i don't take shaths all the time, but i enjoy them almost as much as i enjoy a good jar of nutella. and the issue is - we have a new 40gallon water heater, but it doesn't seem to last for long enough for a proper shath. now before you ask, i get my showering done in a hurry (army style) - no wasting time, i get in and get out and get on with the main event: eating nutella in the tub. THE PROBLEM IS, my hot water doesn't seem to last long enough to draw a shallow bath.

so what the fuck gives here? i'm not using that much hot water, not at all, but it ALWAYS seems to run out. my wife rarely showers (on account of curly hair + granola vibes + skincare obsession), we have no kids, what's going on?

of course, and I expect either person would pay.

Person A posts in thread: "I'll take it!" Does nothing further, perhaps waiting for a response from me?
    Person B doesn't post, but sends a PM saying "I think someone else may have gotten it, but if not I'll take it!"

What is your move?
    Goes by PMs.

So, 2 people have said "cash talks", but nobody can pay me cash because nobody knows how to because I haven't provided anyone with venmo/paypal info. As stated, I have no doubt that either would pay and I understand that I don't have to sell to either of them. And the price is set, there will be no bidding. So, again, the scenario is:

Person A posts in thread: "I'll take it!" Does nothing further, perhaps waiting for a response from me?
    Person B doesn't post, but sends a PM saying "I think someone else may have gotten it, but if not I'll take it!"

So, the unthreadworthy question is: What is your move?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

So, 2 people have said "cash talks", but nobody can pay me cash because nobody knows how to because I haven't provided anyone with venmo/paypal info. As stated, I have no doubt that either would pay and I understand that I don't have to sell to either of them. And the price is set, there will be no bidding. So, again, the scenario is:

Again, goes by PMs.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    here's my question for the day:

i really like shaths. what is a shath you say? well, it's the glorious bastard child of a shower and a bath. you rinse ur gunk off, get squeaky clean, and then relax in a clean bath, free of the smells of your day out skiing. it's the poor man's hot tub.

i don't take shaths all the time, but i enjoy them almost as much as i enjoy a good jar of nutella. and the issue is - we have a new 40gallon water heater, but it doesn't seem to last for long enough for a proper shath. now before you ask, i get my showering done in a hurry (army style) - no wasting time, i get in and get out and get on with the main event: eating nutella in the tub. THE PROBLEM IS, my hot water doesn't seem to last long enough to draw a shallow bath.

so what the fuck gives here? i'm not using that much hot water, not at all, but it ALWAYS seems to run out. my wife rarely showers (on account of curly hair + granola vibes + skincare obsession), we have no kids, what's going on?
    Our 40g heater couldn't fill up a good sized tub unless the temp on the heater was set way high. What's going on is you're running out of hot water.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

All things (and buyers) being equal, I’d probably PM first person and give them a deadline to pay (maybe 24 hrs) saying someone else also wants it.

In your position, I'd PM Person A, assuming they were the first response, and tell them it's yours, what's your shipping address, etc. If no response from A in another day or two, move on to B.

I'd also PM B, tell them they're second in line, and will update them if still available in another day or two.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

I'd pm the 1st interested party and give them 24h to respond before going to the next in line unless I needed the cash asap in which case I'd send the venmo info to the 2nd party if I believed they would pay immediately.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Random Unthreadworthy Questions

I think its incumbent upon the prospective buyer A to send a PM immediately after posting in thread.
    By all means call dibs or ask questions in thread but business should get transacted via PM IMHO.
    As a seller I’m not necessarily checking my own FS thread every time I open TGR but PM’s pop up a notification. Had one instance where I tried to sort out priority via via time stamps on thread posts vs PM’s - would not bother again.

In your scenario do whatever the hell you like, sell to whomever you want and blame it on the TGR forum software.

Ha, so I have 2 people who say it should all be on PMs, and 3 people saying I should PM the person who posted in the thread. This is useful, lol.

Ha, so I have 2 people who say it should all be on PMs, and 3 people saying I should PM the person who posted in the thread. This is useful, lol.
    this appears to be a threadworthy question

Random Unthreadworthy Questions

Is anyone really going to post payment email and shipping address in the FS thread?
    Fundamental question is who is responsible for shifting discussion to private communication?
    If I put up a FS flyer old school style on a lamppost or notice board with little tabs to rip off with phone number should a prospective buyer just wrote their number on it and say call me hoping I’d wander back by to check?
    Maybe Buyer A is a 2 post jong and not able to pm yet in which case you already know what to do.
    Or wait a few minutes while I check your posts to see what this hot FS item is and if I want it - calling dibs right here right now just incase.

Edit - I checked, fact pattern in play here, not even a dedicated FS thread originated by you. PM priority all day long IMHO but now you opened the can of worms here so YMMV.

Turn the temp on your hot water heater up. Doesn't take much to dramatically increase the availability of hot water.

shaths
    Your tub probably does hold 40 gallons (or more). If its internal dimensions are 56 long by 28 wide, 40 gal is only about 6 and a half inches deep.

my wife rarely showers (on account of curly hair + granola vibes
    Is she a redhead?

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Is she a redhead?
    i'll turn up the heat and see if i can actually make this thing work, just afraid of scalding hot water. i want my shaths

not a daywalker but her titties are in the ullr thread

gas water heater recovers a lot faster than an electirc tank, my heating contracter told me he was pulling electric tanks out of rentals for that reason

if you have a self absorbed teenager with long hair they will shower till the water is all gone

around here they replaced gas fired tanks with electric and then they could use the old furnace vent to both run the new HE furnace vent and the air intake thru the same vent pipe instead of having to sock the pipes thru a basement wall
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

i'll turn up the heat and see if i can actually make this thing work, just afraid of scalding hot water. i want my shaths

not a daywalker but her titties are in the ullr thread
    Didn't you say she lurks on here in the bike thread ? You like to live dangerously...
    Unless of course she was in agreement with the Ullr offering in which case props to Ms tgapp. When I met her she had the good taste of not mispronouncing my name, a rare quality.
    Re: tub, a 40 gallon water heater will barely fill a small tub. Get a new 50gal and turn the temp higher, knowing full well that you well partially cook your hands anytime you want to wash them, or get yourself one of these old washtubs you can barely sit into and use that to "relax".
    My house has one of these classy free standing deep tubs, couldn't properly fill it it until I upgraded the water heater. With the old 40gal only my asscheeks and balls were actually taking a bath, everything else was above the surface.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Didn't you say she lurks on here in the bike thread ? You like to live dangerously...
    Unless of course she was in agreement with the Ullr offering in which case props to Ms tgapp. When I met her she had the good taste of not mispronouncing my name, a rare quality.
    Re: tub, a 40 gallon water heater will barely fill a small tub. Get a new 50gal and turn the temp higher, knowing full well that you well partially cook your hands anytime you want to wash them, or get yourself one of these old washtubs you can barely sit into and use that to "relax".
    My house has one of these classy free standing deep tubs, couldn't properly fill it it until I upgraded the water heater. With the old 40gal only my asscheeks and balls were actually taking a bath, everything else was above the surface.
    jesus dude I might be a pervert but I'm not a dick. ofc she knows. she saw me browsing the Ullr thread, asked what it was about, and then asked if she could contribute. she's more concerned with tgr's financial impact on our shared accounts than she is with being seen naked - a very european sensibility.

and re:water heater...goddammit. i don't even think i can fit a 50gallon in our utility room.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Selling shit? Money talks, bullshit walks. But I’d bold, highlight and double underline BULLSHIT WALKS. In other words, the person who’s making the most effort to provide you with a quick, well communicated, seamless sale. Conversely, the mag with the higher/older post count.

However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Selling shit? Money talks, bullshit walks. But I’d bold, highlight and double underline BULLSHIT WALKS. In other words, the person who’s making the most effort to provide you with a quick, well communicated, seamless sale. Conversely, the mag with the higher/older post count.

this should be the end of this random question. money/seniority/proximity to seller, in that order. unless someone says something like "hey bro can you please hold these for a day so i can get paid and blow it all on new skis??" and they're an established mag or some shit

"Money talks" is a pretty odd way to address items for sale on TGR in general and for my circumstance particularly, because nobody can provide money until I communicate with them and give them my paypal/venmo info. I never stated that someone refused to provide money or asked for a delay or anything similar.

FTR, I contacted Person A via PM and asked if they wanted the item as I hadn't received a PM about it. They apologized, said they had written the PM and thought they sent it but apparently had forgotten, and would send money, and then they did. End story.

"Money talks" is a pretty odd way to address items for sale on TGR in general and for my circumstance particularly, because nobody can provide money until I communicate with them and give them my paypal/venmo info. I never stated that someone refused to provide money or asked for a delay or anything similar.

FTR, I contacted Person A via PM and asked if they wanted the item as I hadn't received a PM about it. They apologized, said they had written the PM and thought they sent it but apparently had forgotten, and would send money, and then they did. End story.

A 50 gal "tall" is around 5 ft tall and a little under 2 ft wide.

A 50 "short" is about 4 ft and a little over 2 ft wide.

Or tankless on demand...

Here is one: why are some photos posted such small thumbnail size that I’m not able to click on them and get a bigger resolution. For example in the current Katahdin 2021 thread

Why is shit one of the most popular topics here? And why is it so funny?