Page 66 of 224 FirstFirst ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... LastLast
Results 1,626 to 1,650 of 5590
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Not a choice. Next door STR's deck is on the property line (not to code), so we can be 2-3 feet from a crowd of strangers. We strung a line between 2 trees on the property line and hung some light canvas drop cloths from it to give us some privacy and to make it harder for them to grace us with their cigarette butts, vomit, and piss.

As far as putting webbing or even rope around a tree--the tree will be fine as long as it doesn't girdle the tree but the bark will incorporate the rope or webbing over time. I'd go for the screw eyes, for a better look.

(The monkey-wrenchers like to spike trees, doesn't seem to hurt the trees, just the loggers and their saws. [I don't approve]).
    Isn't the drop cloth just inviting people to piss on it?

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Isn't the drop cloth just inviting people to piss on it?
    That would be evidence--even better.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    That would be evidence--even better.
    If you say so. To me it's a urine soaked mess hanging up on my side of the property that I have to deal with or suffer the smell.

Well if it’s an STR, drop a dime on them to code enforcement.
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    Well if it’s an STR, drop a dime on them to code enforcement.
    heh, heh. I've dropped about $100 worth of dimes. Sometimes they do something sometimes they don't.
    Town Council passed a fairly strict STR ordinance, but town staff--it's a town manager system--does what they want to do to keep the transient occupancy tax dollars coming in.

Check and see if the house is on the Truckee STR List. If it’s not, raise hell. I had a party house behind me in TD, and found out they weren’t on the list. Once it’s on, the owner has to provide a phone number to promptly respond to any issues. You probably know this.
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Yeah, it's a permitted STR. The thing about getting problems solved in real time isn't happening. And it definitely isn't happening after hours. I think the owner has been fined a few times but we don't hear about that. Things have been better lately, maybe there's more enforcement than I know about.

1. Found a good target of a used vehicle. Unfortunately previous owner smokes cigarettes, which rates among my least favorite smells in life. Do ozone bombs work, or just ditch it?

2. With all the money I spend on insurance, an aftermarket used car warranty sounds enticing, but I always read they are laughable. Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    1. Found a good target of a used vehicle. Unfortunately previous owner smokes cigarettes, which rates among my least favorite smells in life. Do ozone bombs work, or just ditch it?
    Oh... man. That would be a hard no from my end. I don't think that there is really *any* way to remove that stench from a vehicle, short of removing the interior completely and replacing it.

That said... maybe I'm just overly pessimistic.

2. With all the money I spend on insurance, an aftermarket used car warranty sounds enticing, but I always read they are laughable. Why?
    1. I've never used ozone bombs, but my wife's car was stolen last year and was raged on and in, and this includes smoke that went beyond cigarettes. The body shop used some sort of sealed process to, in short, suck the toxins out of the car. I'm likely describing it incorrectly, and I don't know the name. It did work, however. Check with your local body shops and various dealers on who they use for that process.

2. It all depends. Some companies are great, others are a joke, and some are fly-by-night. I had one for a few motorcycles and it was absolutely worth the money. If you can find the names of these companies; do your homework.

I top to bottom remodeled a post and beam house last yer that the former owner smoked in for 30 years, picture nicotine stained walls and a nauseating level of smell. Washed the surfaces and Binned all of the drywall before painting which helped but still awful smelling. Tongue and groove ceiling, 2nd floor flooring.
    Bought an ozone generator and completely eliminated all smoke odor. 1%er clients were super happy.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211011_181245.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	861.8 KB 
ID:	388673
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

As far as aftermarket or extended warranties on used cars--the way I figure it is insurance is for something you can't afford to pay for, not car repairs. That said my kid has bought two--the first one paid for itself a couple of times over, Audi clutch. The second one would have except towing the car to the dealer would have cost as much as the repair.

A good detailer can reduce the smell a bit, but I think it will come back. The smoke gets not only into the car roof liner, but if cloth seats into the cloth and the foam as well as the carpeting. It's bit better off if leather seats from a smell standpoint sometimes. I ran a used car for a year and some and it seemed to have smoke smell. I did the carpet cleaner, scrubbed the seats and Febreze spray through the liner, into the seats and then it got a bit better until the warmer summer months when it would of course sit in the hot sun... Was a beater of a car just to get some transportation until another better and nicer vehicle deal came along after previous car had way too many issues to pass inspection.
    Last edited by RShea; 10-11-2021 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    If you can find the names of these companies; do your homework.
    He's asking in the PR. what more homework could he do?

Quote Originally Posted by JongDoe View Post
    He's asking in the PR. what more homework could he do?
    Strong point.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Strong point.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Seconded.

Looking for an outdoor wifi camera system to mount on the porch looking into the yard & driveway at my cabin so that I can check in on the place when I'm back in town. Trying to avoid a monthly subscription deal. What's my best bet?
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Blink worked pretty well for us, if you're looking to do it cheap, but it had its limitations.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Def looking to do it cheap as this is more for my own amusement than it is to address any real security concerns. To be honest, my main goals are seeing critters rambling thru the yard and setting up a snow stake.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

SURVEY SAYS! The smoke definitely did NOT go away.
    Bummer.
    Then they had the audacity on a second vehicle to tell me the fact the brake pedal was squishy and a quarter inch off the floorboard was no problem at all.
    I’m worried for whatever person buys that one without knowing what’s up.

Cornucopia or Famine?

So Q-hatter friend is on about grocery shortages. Anyone seeing actual empty shelves? Or thinly stocked?

Most of his "articles" feature photos from 2020. I do see the usual media hype about supply chain problems (try to import 20% more containers, and duh). But most food is not imported - My grocery seems as stocked as always, though I order online and would not see empty shelves or outages of products I don't eat. Occasionally they don't have something, but that's been the case since humans stumbled out of Eden.
    10/01/2012 Site was upgraded to 300 baud.

Lots of missing items on store shelves around here. I couldn’t get 25% of my list last outing.

No grocery shortages when I was there today. Only empty shelves I’ve seen in the last month or two were changeovers in seasonal product (school stuff to Halloween, now thanksgiving)

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    Def looking to do it cheap as this is more for my own amusement than it is to address any real security concerns. To be honest, my main goals are seeing critters rambling thru the yard and setting up a snow stake.
    Have two of these at my place, work great on iPhone Jawa app but annoying I can't pull it up on my desktop via web login.

https://www.amazon.com/keyke-Wireles...678012&sr=8-21

You do need to order an SD card if you want to be able to store any video. If you just want to see what the weather is doing live, they work fine without it.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Lots of missing items on store shelves around here. I couldn’t get 25% of my list last outing.
    Never hit 25% but ya, definitely missing items.