Page 15 of 226 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    why does it burn when I pee?

Oh snap.

Some people are allergic to cold temperatures. I dont mean they don’t like it. I mean they are literally allergic to it.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Some people are allergic to cold temperatures. I dont mean they don’t like it. I mean they are literally allergic to it.
    Apparently this was an answer to a question which hasn't yet been asked.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    When you spend like 5 or 10 minutes per day, every day for a week trying to get rid of a pimple, and you’re not really sure, but you just say fuck it and dig part of your face off in a prominent spot that’s gonna leave a scab divot for a week for sure, but then you yank a two inch ingrown hair out: is that feeling - Anguish? Annoyance? Joy? Amusement?
    Now you understand BDSM.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Apparently this was an answer to a question which hasn't yet been asked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    When people say they get allergy attacks when it snows, are they on crack or is there some reason everything that bothers them wouldn’t be frozen and stuck to the walls or ground?

I’ll sit down and shut up now.

I’ll sit down and shut up now.
    Never

^^apparently you're right, because question:

I'm selling my car to a guy tomorrow. He's basically a neighbor, lives right close by. Seems like a pretty upstanding guy, a Doctor and a nice guy. He's gonna give me a cashier's check for the car tomorrow, is there anything I need to do in particular re the check? Just take a pic and deposit it and give him the signed title? Or do I need to do something more to avoid problems? Never sold a car to an individual before. Thanks.

I'd think having a bill of sale would be important. But I'm no dentist.
    However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    I'd think having a bill of sale would be important. But I'm no dentist.
    They aren't required generally, but I would do one. At the least its a CYA in case the guy doesn't register it in his name, or some other dumb shit.

^^apparently you're right, because question:

I'm selling my car to a guy tomorrow. He's basically a neighbor, lives right close by. Seems like a pretty upstanding guy, a Doctor and a nice guy. He's gonna give me a cashier's check for the car tomorrow, is there anything I need to do in particular re the check? Just take a pic and deposit it and give him the signed title? Or do I need to do something more to avoid problems? Never sold a car to an individual before. Thanks.
    Your state DMV (or maybe it is county DMV) may have info on their website, I know ours does. But typically signing over the title is all that is needed, I think; maybe a bill of sale too? It may be more complex if there is an existing loan on the car, but everyone knows that iceman is a baller so that isn't likely to be the case.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Bill of sale for sure just to CYA. If the cashiers check is drafted on a bank you recognize it’s probably good. Usually you could even meet at the bank branch and could have the teller cut you to check directly if you’re worried about it.

^^^As Danno said above. I always talk a photo of the bill of sale and the buyers drivers license. But I figure most people are pond scum so YRMV.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    ^^^As Danno said above. I always talk a photo of the bill of sale and the buyers drivers license. But I figure most people are pond scum so YRMV.
    In hindsight, this is a good idea. I sold a car cheap before moving cross country, dental months later got a call from a garage asking if I had any intention of paying the tow and storage fees or, if not, could I please sign over the title.

The buyer, who was someone my roommate knew (but not as well as I had originally thought, turns out she wasn't sure of his last name) had never registered it. My bad for failing to remove the plates, but that's the kind of asshattery that ruins it for everyone, and I now make sure to cover my ass better when selling vehicles.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

In Colorado, you are definitely supposed to remove the plates, they stay with the owner not the car. Don't know if that is universal or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Bill of sale for sure just to CYA. If the cashiers check is drafted on a bank you recognize it’s probably good. Usually you could even meet at the bank branch and could have the teller cut you to check directly if you’re worried about it.
    Since he said it was a neighbor I was assuming there was no worry about scam/bad checks, but if there is, meeting at the bank is a decent option.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Yeah I got the bill of sale covered, and the plates, all that stuff. And of course I am baller so no lien. I was more wondering in particular about the check, do I just take it and say thanks, or what? Do I need to do anything in particular to make sure it's good? I mean I'm pretty sure it will be good, so no worries right?

In some states the plates stay with the car, but in the vast majority the plates are assigned to the owner. I've always pulled plates off of cars I've sold. Although every car and trailer I've bought private party they've always left them on.

Yeah I got the bill of sale covered, and the plates, all that stuff. And of course I am baller so no lien. I was more wondering in particular about the check, do I just take it and say thanks, or what? Do I need to do anything in particular to make sure it's good? I mean I'm pretty sure it will be good, so no worries right?
    It’s guaranteed funds so if you trust the person to not give you a forgery you can treat it like a normal check. If you’re worried about it I’d meet at the bank and do it there. Or take cash.

Not particularly worried at all but just want no issues. Just trying to leave no turn unstoned.

always bite yer money first....

Name:  43F2A213-8A3E-4A1B-9668-8F61114CBAB6.jpeg
Views: 1185
Size:  40.7 KB

if it tastes like chocolate, ya got scammed!

It is possible to get scammed with a cashier's check, but I don't think that's very likely with a neighbor. Unless you're getting scammy vibes or the check is from a bank that you're unfamiliar with, I would just take the check and wave as he drives away.

But hey, chocolate!

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    It is possible to get scammed with a cashier's check, but I don't think that's very likely with a neighbor. Unless you're getting scammy vibes or the check is from a bank that you're unfamiliar with, I would just take the check and wave as he drives away.
    Thanks yeah that will be the plan. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something important.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    It’s guaranteed funds so if you trust the person to not give you a forgery you can treat it like a normal check. If you’re worried about it I’d meet at the bank and do it there. Or take cash.
    One other benefit to meeting at a bank: most of them have good security cameras. Not likely to be an issue with a neighbor, but meeting at a business with obvious security cameras would be my choice of I was concerned about a transaction but not sufficiently concerned to bail.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app