Page 102 of 226 FirstFirst ... 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 ... LastLast
Results 2,526 to 2,550 of 5637
    Jeesh. Pretty much everything up to a happy ending. A toilet seat that will give you a Rusty Trombone.

That’s about $800 plus one electrician bill more than I want to spend. When I do a bathroom reno, I’ll get a fancy can. For now, I want a good cold squirt.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    OK here is a tough one.

Best friend has been diagnosed with Sarcoma and has a tumor in his shoulder that may cause loss of the arm. He has already 1/2 jokingly said, "well, guess I don't have to worry about retirement".

How does one offer any level of encouragement?
    At least he can still jerk off?

I will try that one. He is married so it will provoke a good laugh anyway.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

OK here is a tough one.

Best friend has been diagnosed with Sarcoma and has a tumor in his shoulder that may cause loss of the arm. He has already 1/2 jokingly said, "well, guess I don't have to worry about retirement".

Just keep being his best friend I guess. Listening to him is more important than what you say.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    What’s the best bidet seat out there? I’m not talking electrical outlet and hot water that’ll cost me a couple grand in remodeling. I’m talking about DIY, plug and play.

We have a Brondell which is considered a budget model. Not sure which model. Certainly not the best at any price. Ours doesn't have a remote and it take a little agility to operate the buttons on the arm-rest type control panel. It plumbs very easily into the cold water supply line to the toilet. It does require an electrical outlet Ours heats the seat and the water. We've had ours for a few months and are pleased so far. We could have spent a lot more but I don't know why. Brondell makes a non-electric model (cold water, cold seat, sprays using water pressure alone--for $150. I don't know how well the spray works.

Ours you have to raise and lower the lid manually. But we never lower the lid anyway. Now what would be worth it is one that automatically lowers the seat after you pee.

The NYT Wirecutter column lies Toto brand. And there a lot of assholes at the NYT so they should know.

Random Unthreadworthy Questions

Why is almost everything on my bike measured in metric (stem length, bar diameter, rotor size, hub dimensions, crank length, spindle size, screws etc etc) EXCEPT steerer tube diameter which is imperial 1 1/8, 1.25 ??

If only Sheldon Brown were alive today.

Quote Originally Posted by dcpnz View Post
    Why is almost everything on my bike measured in metric (stem length, bar diameter, rotor size, hub dimensions, crank length, spindle size, screws etc etc) EXCEPT steerer tube diameter which is imperial 1 1/8, 1.25 ??
    The bar diameter measurement bothers me. If you’re going to report the measurement in metric, why not a 32.0 mm and 35.0mm diameter? Why build it in a diameter that would make sense to report in imperial (1-1/4” and 1-3/8”), but not actually list it that way?

I got a couple rock chips in the windshield over the winter. So I usually wait till spring to replace the windshield, but this morning I got another one. When is it a good time to replace the windshield?

It would have sucked if I had it done yesterday.

This will be my 3rd windshield in 6 years.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    I got a couple rock chips in the windshield over the winter. So I usually wait till spring to replace the windshield, but this morning I got another one. When is it a good time to replace the windshield?

Can't you just get the chips filled a glass shop and they can keep a crack from forming?
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

You replace the windshield because of rock chips? Or are there giant cracks in the windshield?

IMO, a good time to replace the windshield is when a crack is in your field of vision.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

You probably knew this, but hey make rock chip repair kits if the chips are small enough as well. I'm assuming these chips are much bigger?

You've assumed correctly.

Fucking VT. They basically sprinkle gravel all over the road each winter.

It's a rite of passage. I've got a good glass repair/replace guy because Safelite blows, they're a bunch of hacks.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

You've assumed correctly.

Fucking VT. They basically sprinkle gravel all over the road each winter.

It's a rite of passage. I've got a good glass repair/replace guy because Safelite blows, they're a bunch of hacks.
    Get off my ass and you won't get so many chips

OK here is a tough one.

Offer to give him a hand?

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Offer to give him a hand?
    Looks like you are an inspiration Mr. Ötzi. https://www.otzigear.com/en-ca
    “Our brand name “Otzi” refers to a prehistoric mountaineer who was discovered with innovative outdoor tools. We were inspired by the story of Otzi the Iceman and decided to name the brand in honor of his life.”

A cameo?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1649464898.586352.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	570.6 KB 
ID:	412495

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    That’s about $800 plus one electrician bill more than I want to spend. When I do a bathroom reno, I’ll get a fancy can. For now, I want a good cold squirt.

We have two of these. Nothing fancy, just cheap and works.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075MMHQX7...WRGZB1Y2GKHM03
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1649464898.586352.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	570.6 KB 
ID:	412495
    Looks like a real wasteful way to smoke weed

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Just keep being his best friend I guess. Listening to him is more important than what you say.
    x100. And

Not-easy to do.

from your posts, B., I believe You will navigate this.
    ( I don't envy your friend's path )

Good luck. skiJ

Move to Montana. You will be buying one every six months.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Looks like a real wasteful way to smoke weed
    I was gonna say somebody should tell him that's not how you do blow.

OK here is a tough one.

I'm sorry to read that. That statement resonates with me; 5 years ago I felt the same and the sentiment did come as an absurd little upside. It's never really gone away. Also fear is no currency anymore, either--which I kind of miss now, but it gave me a season or two of elevating my risk tolerance (like what Tate described) that wasn't all bad (luckily). Little upsides sound like gallows humor, but there's a little reality in there. Sometimes there's a weird balance between hope (Lance was stage 4) and taking those little upsides.

Don't worry about encouraging him on that front, talking probably helps work through it for himself, but it's a lonely perspective. For me, the experience of accepting a short investment horizon, becoming coldly calculating about realities (both certain and uncertain) took between a few weeks and a couple of months--longer may have been better. I made comments on it a few times along the way, and I'm sure they were very disconcerting to the few people with whom I shared them. But I don't think anything said on that subject changed anything.

OTOH, do encourage him to resolutely kick the shit out that thing, calmly and raging as needed, and regardless of outcomes. And to enjoy life right now; be active; remember why it matters. The unknown belongs to him, but the fight is in the daily details, and encouragement there may help more than he'll let on. Good luck to you both!
    A woman came up to me and said "I'd like to poison your mind
    with wrong ideas that appeal to you, though I am not unkind."

Thanks Jono and all. Otzi ya made me laugh.

He leaves again for the Mayo tomorrow with surgery possibly on Thursday. Or as he said they may0(sic) just say, "nope, tough luck, go on home and die"
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Random Unthreadworthy Questions

When I was sick, the one thing that kind of wore me down was people asking “how are you doing?”
    It’s weird, because I knew they cared, but I also knew they wanted me to say I was feeling better, or getting stronger, or still fighting. Something to inspire them or make them feel good about things. So most of the time I gave them whatever answer I thought would satisfy them and allow the conversation to move on.
    People I was closer to didn’t ask a generic “how are you?” with sad, concerned eyes. They talked to me. Asked curious questions. Talked about the shiftiness of it all. Made the disease a normal part of life. That’s the best support I got.

However many are in a shit ton.