Page 76 of 224 FirstFirst ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,900 of 5590
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    The above topic of Superman being bi had me thinking further. OK, if you can get your head wrapped around that (heh), which is wrong, so wrong, but, kids these days, I guess, but, ok, then he is definitely a pitcher. No way he catches. That's so way wrong the world should end. So, if he pitches, you know that's has to be hard to take. I mean, it's Superman. Gotta be like 16 inches of thick steel, right? Man of Steel, duh. I mean, what women could even handle that, besides, like, Madonna, but I can't see that relationship working at all. So, Superman must be a lonely guy, right? Who could handle that?

Dude, it's a FUCKING comic book character.
    FIFY
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Go on.
    Superman is flying around Metropolis, waiting for a crime to happen, when he gets a raging hard-on. Well, a kryptonian throbbing member is not something one can just ignore, and besides, if 'ol sup was to engage in some crime fighting action, having a massive tent in his spandex takes away a lot of the dignity in post-op public smoozing. So he thinks, lovely Wonder Woman is just the kind of gal that might satisfy such a pressing need. So off to find the amazon he flies.
    Upon arriving at Wonder Woman's penthouse roof, tlo and behold there she is, naked and spread out very provocatively out on her lounge. Such luck, he thinks, but not wanting to waste time with foreplay, Superman thinks he can make like a speeding bullet, and get on his way as he hears sirens in the distance. Down he flies and, and faster than the eye can see, relieves his load and off he goes.

Back at Wonder Woman's rooftop, the invisible man leaps up off of Wonder Woman, holding his ass and exclaims, 'What the Fuck was That!?!!

Times have changed somewhat, teenage jokes from the early 80's might not be so well received in the current climate, so as per my Canadian duty, sorry to those offended.

That's the answer, though. Wonder Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post

What airport back east is best to stay at (hotel at the airport, not a mile away) and not a total cluster fuck like the one time we flew into JFK? Thanks for your suggestions.

Probably Logan (Boston) or Dulles (DC).
    Several hotels right there at both.

Not LaGuardia.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Not LaGuardia.
    LOL

Not LaGuardia.
    I remember being appalled the first time I went to Laguardia (and my standards are clearly not that high since I hang out here)
    I think the soles of my shoes stuck to the rug when I stopped for a moment
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    I remember being appalled the first time I went to Laguardia (and my standards are clearly not that high since I hang out here)
    Sounds like Newark.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Guys, my Delta Sky Miles are useless for flying business class to Yurp. Only solution I can think of is fly from San Diego to the East Coast (in April) in premium economy and spend the night at an airport hotel and then the next day fly out in premium economy to Yurp. My wife can last maybe 6 hours in a cheap seat, so breaking up the flight may make sense.

What airport back east is best to stay at (hotel at the airport, not a mile away) and not a total cluster fuck like the one time we flew into JFK? Thanks for your suggestions.
    Look at Delta hubs: Atlanta, Salt Lake, jfk (unfortunately). May be something in Carolinas or DC?

I heard that Delta sky pesos are a joke.

Flyertalk forums are your friend for all things miles and airport hotel life hacks

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    Ah, home.
    Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Sounds like Newark.
    Newark (the airport) is actually pretty nice. YMMV for Newark the city.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Ah, home.Newark (the airport) is actually pretty nice. YMMV for Newark the city.
    Then maybe it changed, but Newark, the airport, has always been in my experience, worse than what I have seen or heard about in Laguardia.

The time stamp for posts on the forums has been off for me since time change. Is this petty annoyance appearing for anyone else?

Apparently it only only affects the Canadian time zone, we're good down here.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Then maybe it changed, but Newark, the airport, has always been in my experience, worse than what I have seen or heard about in Laguardia.
    It changed, but quite some time ago. With my parents still in NYC, I fly to one or the other 1 or 2 times a year, and Newark is consistently nicer, cleaner, and more comfortable.

What the hell am I doing drinking in LA at twenty-six?

It changed, but quite some time ago. With my parents still in NYC, I fly to one or the other 1 or 2 times a year, and Newark is consistently nicer, cleaner, and more comfortable.
    Heh. I would never have known. I have been avoiding it like the plague after my last bad experience. I've gone to great lengths including spending more money. It's hard to miss if you fly from Burlington because of the old Continental routes. Which meant missing flights because of having to use that stupid terminal (C?) for the BTV flight and then a bus to the real terminals to get anywhere in the rest of the system.

how's splat doing? dude is mia!

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    what kind of crackers you guys eating with your cheese? The rotation of Triscuits, Stoned Wheat Thins and Saltines is getting kind of old.
    Just happened to see this today: https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/...sultPosition=6

Fried saltines. Gonna have to try that.

^^ paywalled. can you elaborate? Very interested in the concept

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    ^^ paywalled. can you elaborate? Very interested in the concept

Fried Saltines With Cheddar and Onion
    By Gabrielle Hamilton
    YIELD37 crackers
    TIME30 minutes
    Save to Recipe Box

McSorley’s Old Ale House in New York City is a perpetually crowded bar with sawdust-covered floors that has been in continuous operation since the 1800s. Besides its ale — dark and light — the bar sells a modest, quirky, perfectly unpretentious cheese plate: Cheddar, raw white onions and saltine crackers with a side of spicy brown mustard. Here, with the minor update of frying the crackers, is a major improvement to an old offering. The plain dry crackers become nutty and extra crisp and salty, warm and rich. It’s like the difference between raw cookie dough and a baked dark-edged batch fresh from the oven. With a sharp tang from Cheddar, the bite of raw onion and that final hit of vinegary mustard heat, this stacked fried saltine makes a lively bite with drinks in any era.

Featured in: A Crispy Upgrade For Cheese And Crackers.

Crackers And Chips, Cheddar, Onion, Saltine Cracker, Appetizer Mark as Cooked 116 ratings
    INGREDIENTS
    1 pound Cheddar
    1 small white onion
    4 cups/32 ounces canola oil
    1 sleeve saltine crackers
    Yellow or brown mustard, for serving
    Add to Your Grocery List
    Ingredient Substitution Guide
    PREPARATION
    Slice the Cheddar in neat tablets slightly smaller than the saltines. Slice the onion into thin crescent moons (not half-moons), cutting from root to shoot ends so the ribs fall apart more easily, are shorter and, therefore, more manageable to chew and swallow.
    Heat the oil in a deep-sided sauté pan over medium-high to 350 degrees. Stick a wooden chopstick in the oil to see if it sizzles. If it does, it’s ready. Fry the saltines in 3 quick batches, adjusting the heat as needed, using a spider or a slotted spoon to swirl them around a little and to make sure they cook evenly to golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes per batch. Drain on a wire rack until cool. They keep for a week in an airtight container.
    Set the crackers, cheese and onion on a platter to serve with mustard in a ramekin.

McSorleys mustard rocked. And those five foot tall urinals were classic.
    Last edited by Benny Profane; 11-21-2021 at 01:35 PM.

many underage drunk nights at McSorleys.

many underage drunk nights at McSorleys.
    Haha many overage drunk nights there for me. When I’d drink there, I was fascinated that back in ye olden days, that site sat on the northern border of New Amsterdam.