Page 155 of 226 FirstFirst ... 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 ... LastLast
Results 3,851 to 3,875 of 5634
    The only place I can see the unusual spelling of a middle name on a passport being a problem would be travel to countries where you need to get a visa in advance and the clerk at the consulate spells the name wrong on the visa.
    Airline ticket misspelling used to be an issue. If any of you young folks want to know what an airline ticket is I can explain.

I have 2 middle names, it's fairly common in France (traditionally the name of both maternal and paternal grandparents). They're both on my French passport and it's created an insane number of issues over the course of my 15+ years immigration saga.
    There's almost never room to enter 2 names in the middle name box on most US immigration documents. I've gone with just one middle name and got harassed about missing the second one. Same for initials, if I use one it's wrong, if I use both it's also wrong. I was detained at the US/Canada border for a couple hours over the discrepancy a few years ago, fortunately I had already been detained there in the past for another (legit) reason and they actually found documentation of that and used it to clear me.

A number of people have actually suggested I legally change my name to resolve that issue, along with the fact that there is a silent S in my first name which people insist on pronouncing regardless of how many times I correct them. In the US pronouncing that S makes it a female name which leads to all sorts of weird questions. Can't imagine the logistical nightmare of changing a name and getting every piece of ID redone just to accommodate illiterate dongs.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    I have 2 middle names, it's fairly common in France (traditionally the name of both maternal and paternal grandparents). They're both on my French passport and it's created an insane number of issues over the course of my 15+ years immigration saga.
    There's almost never room to enter 2 names in the middle name box on most US immigration documents. I've gone with just one middle name and got harassed about missing the second one. Same for initials, if I use one it's wrong, if I use both it's also wrong. I was detained at the US/Canada border for a couple hours over the discrepancy a few years ago, fortunately I had already been detained there in the past for another (legit) reason and they actually found documentation of that and used it to clear me.

A number of people have actually suggested I legally change my name to resolve that issue, along with the fact that there is a silent S in my first name which people insist on pronouncing regardless of how many times I correct them. In the US pronouncing that S makes it a female name which leads to all sorts of weird questions. Can't imagine the logistical nightmare of changing a name and getting every piece of ID redone just to accommodate illiterate dongs.
    Paris. Nice. And here I thought you were a Gaston or a Benoit. Benoit Ball. Singular. Because the rest got lost up there. Bahahahahahahahahahah.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Paris. Nice. And here I thought you were a Gaston or a Benoit. Benoit Ball. Singular. Because the rest got lost up there. Bahahahahahahahahahah.
    It's Pari Ball to you sir...
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Just change your name to Chad Loveshisguns and you’ll never get hassled in the US ever again

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Just change your name to Chad Loveshisguns and you’ll never get hassled in the US ever again
    I'm in UT so Chad would have to be spelled Tshaahde but otherwise I like the way you're thinking!

Quite the Gaul.

I'm in UT so Chad would have to be spelled Tshaahde but otherwise I like the way you're thinking!
    Gold Jerry, gold!! 😂

Or Chadlynn

Ch&d

What about all those Spanish speakers with a half dozen surnames, or British royalty with no surnames but a half dozen first names. Consider yourself lucky., Francois. (If I guessed right, does your US passport have the squiggly thing under the "c".

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    What about all those Spanish speakers with a half dozen surnames, or British royalty with no surnames but a half dozen first names. Consider yourself lucky., Francois. (If I guessed right, does your US passport have the squiggly thing under the "c".
    You're right, it's probably worse for a lot of people with much longer/multiple names. Fortunately I don't have a single accent, cedille (the squiggle you mention), or other offensive marks such as umlauts on my name!
    Last edited by Boissal; 01-19-2023 at 05:48 PM.

Hah! That's a funny way to spell Francis
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    Hah! That's a funny way to spell Francis
    Phrenzysse in UT. Get with the program.

Is tomski still dropping in heavy in like a powder gangster?

None of this was a problem back in the day. If immigration didn't like your name or how to spell it they gave you a new one.
    One thing France does right--there is an official list of acceptable first names. Boissal--is that still the case? And does it cover proper spelling as well? (Actually, I have no problem with unusual, unusually spelled, or otherwise non-white-bread names.)

My wife has three middle names. She combined them all into one single run-on name for her passport. This seems to have fixed everything. Occasionally a document will cut off the end of her “name” but nobody seem to care because they understand it just ran out of room.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

Why does blowing your nose help stop the tears?

What's the right thread to post a cool little video about the Carousel of Happiness in Nederland?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    What's the right thread to post a cool little video about the Carousel of Happiness in Nederland?
    Is there an open can of Utica Club in the foreground?

Wtf is wrong with me? Every time I'm at the grocery I really wanna use one of those motorized carts for disabled people. We've got our fair share of social deviants here in the pr. Any of y'all ever use one of those carts for a grocery run?
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Wtf is wrong with me? Every time I'm at the grocery I really wanna use one of those motorized carts for disabled people. We've got our fair share of social deviants here in the pr. Any of y'all ever use one of those carts for a grocery run?
    No, I'll crawl on the floor first.

Think of the urine soaked diapers.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

Has flaring cows always been a thing, or is this a recent development?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EC869524-549C-4CEA-B3A1-ABC86B550628.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	264.1 KB 
ID:	444491

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3341028B-01F7-4EF2-8561-C59DFCE32222.jpeg 
Views:	48 
Size:	612.3 KB 
ID:	444492

https://twitter.com/neerajka/status/...6p8CxsIhfos9ew

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    None of this was a problem back in the day. If immigration didn't like your name or how to spell it they gave you a new one.
    One thing France does right--there is an official list of acceptable first names. Boissal--is that still the case? And does it cover proper spelling as well? (Actually, I have no problem with unusual, unusually spelled, or otherwise non-white-bread names.)
    I have no idea actually, gotta ask my sister, she just had a 2nd kid and probably would know.
    I wish a list like that existed in UT honestly. People try so hard to find alternative spelling to names it's not even funny anymore, just painful.