Page 6 of 226 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Who is making the best daily driver base layers... long undies, whatever you call ‘em? Bearing in mind I’m not a fan of spending money to own fancy branding, I just want durable function.

For reference, I got some LL Bean top and bottoms as a gift forever ago and I’ve skied like 1000 days in and they’re finally starting to disintegrate. They’re like fleece, just a really really thin fleece.
    Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    capilene is generally really good stuff. some branding going on but still some really good stuff.

rei co-op is a more affordable option though i don't have any experience with their stuff.
    This.

I've still got the same Capilene base layer set from high school and it works beautifully. I've since bought a couple more sets and I can't tell any decrease in quality, if any. I like them because I can't stand bulk in layers and they keep me toasty as shit.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Are these people going to enjoy this snow?
    Attachment 352939
    who the fuck are you calling "these people" honkey?

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    What's the burliest wool pants?
    I've had the same pair of woolrich hunting pants since 1982.
    They pockets have worn out and my girth is stretching their capability.

I'd buy another pair, but I can't find a contemporary retailer.

What else?
    LL BEan Men's Maine Guide Wool Pant
    had a pair in green for years, skied in em, worked outside in snow, great pants.
    just bought another pair in plaid
    they come with primaloft to if ya want ( i dont as always hot)

new ones came with "hidden comfort waist" so it gives and stretches when adding a layer or personal "girth"

I got so many kick ass wool base layers on SAC and Tramdock for next to nothing. RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    personal "girth"
    I got your personal girth right here! [dice]Ohhh![/dice]

who the fuck are you calling "these people" honkey?
    yeah ya fuckin crack ho bitch
    "Can't you see..."

How hard is it to keep rats out once they are in a house? We are under contract on a home and the inspection turned up an infestation (among other things). Having an exterminator come out and do some mitigation before we close, but are we just signing up for a lifetime of chasing these things down?

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    Snickers > Mars > Milky Way > 3 Musketeers
    That is exactly backwards.

And Twix suck, (as proven fact by they’re the last to go from Halloween):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4263.JPG 
Views:	61 
Size:	234.4 KB 
ID:	353023
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Why do I snore now even though I didn't used to?

Also, who doesn't like Twix?

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    Why do I snore now even though I didn't used to?

Also, who doesn't like Twix?
    weight now vs then?
    booze consumption now vs then?

are you sure? Maybe now there is just a witness....

i miss when we had our own TGR sleep expert.

weight now vs then?
    booze consumption now vs then?

are you sure? Maybe now there is just a witness....

i miss when we had our own TGR sleep expert.
    Weight is steady since college, booze consumption is substantially reduced. I have noticed that even a glass of wine too close to bedtime makes me more likely to snore these days, so that's part of it. But I used to be able to drink heavily and sleep quietly, now apparently I can't.

>are you sure? Maybe now there is just a witness....

No mistake on that front - I've been with my wife since before I started snoring, she has let me know in unambiguous terms that something has changed

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    Weight is steady since college, booze consumption is substantially reduced. I have noticed that even a glass of wine too close to bedtime makes me more likely to snore these days, so that's part of it. But I used to be able to drink heavily and sleep quietly, now apparently I can't.

>are you sure? Maybe now there is just a witness....

No mistake on that front - I've been with my wife since before I started snoring, she has let me know in unambiguous terms that something has changed
    Get an Oral B mouthpiece - your wife will thank you.

Who designs a roof this high this big (1/4 of roof in photo) that needs to be shoveled for 2 inches of cold blower?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	312870CA-7710-4F44-8C56-F4DF4B07780B.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	497.0 KB 
ID:	353033

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    How hard is it to keep rats out once they are in a house? We are under contract on a home and the inspection turned up an infestation (among other things). Having an exterminator come out and do some mitigation before we close, but are we just signing up for a lifetime of chasing these things down?
    I hope I never know the answer to your question.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I hope I never know the answer to your question.
    Between construction, backyard chickens and “compost” heaps everywhere, it’s a losing battle in Portland it seems like.

Between construction, backyard chickens and “compost” heaps everywhere, it’s a losing battle in Portland it seems like.
    PM Art Shirk. If it’s happened in a house, I have a feeling he’s battled, er, dealt with it.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    No not NSP.

That $400 Filson is standard issue for Volunteer Patrol Dentists.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Volunteer patrollers can’t get a Filson Pro account to help take the sting out of their prices
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Quote Originally Posted by char_ View Post
    I have two kids in daycare that are sub-kindergarten, which is like putting a kid through college at today’s rates. Will I ever get to spend this money on something else or will other kid related things eat it right up once they are in school?
    I felt my kids costs were like a U shape. Daycare was damn expensive, kindergarten through middle school was damn cheap. I joked I was going to lease a Ferrari or other exotic Italian sports car with my savings and get a lame custom license plate “daycar”
    But starting at driving they start increasing in cost due to insurance, big people eating , I have boys and seem like we shop 2-3 days a week for food and culminates with college. Although I did not get he car instead plowed the daycare saving into 529’s so college should be covered

Anyone else still miss Tramdock. Mentioned earlier up thread. I mean I scored so many deals and honestly outfitted entire groups of casual friends and family with sweet deals. I still have so much in my wardrobe from them. Damn shame.

Quote Originally Posted by ncskier View Post
    Anyone else still miss Tramdock. Mentioned earlier up thread. I mean I scored so many deals and honestly outfitted entire groups of casual friends and family with sweet deals. I still have so much in my wardrobe from them. Damn shame.
    The first 18-24 months of SAC/Tramdock were insane

Not-so-random question/thought... Why the hell is it that smoke alarm backup batteries wait until two o'clock in the morning to sound the dead battery alarm?

Last night, I awake to the beep.....beep....beep of some alarm in our house. The sound is coming from the living room where the only smoke detector is way up on the vaulted ceiling wall. It's 18' from floor to peak and that's where the alarm is. To replace it, I've borrowed a neighbor's 20' extension ladder before. Obviously, not going to happen at 2:00 in the morning so I'm pissed. I go into the living room and it doesn't sound like it's coming from the peak and I find that it's the carbon monoxide alarm that's beeping. That's near the floor so, yay! Still, I don't understand how it is these stupid things are programmed to wait until complete and utter darkness to begin their battery distress calls.

/rant

Quote Originally Posted by GimpToo View Post
    Get an Oral B mouthpiece - your wife will thank you.
    Nice, I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the rec!

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    This.

I've still got the same Capilene base layer set from high school and it works beautifully. I've since bought a couple more sets and I can't tell any decrease in quality, if any. I like them because I can't stand bulk in layers and they keep me toasty as shit.
    This again.

I have 15 year old stuff and new stuff and can't tell the difference either. And it's thinner than other stuff I've used with better/similar performance. Patagonia is pricey because it's really good shit. And you can't argue with the company's ethos.

Call Western (Interstate? cant remember which) Pest and get on their yearly plan. Stay on it for two years. They will be the responsible party to get rid of them.
    As the HO, you will have to pay for patching holes etc, but they cover all the rat stuff. And you can just keep calling them back until your in the clear.
    Once you feel good that you’re clear, you can cancel