Page 226 of 226 FirstFirst ... 221 222 223 224 225 226
Results 5,626 to 5,635 of 5635
    Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    what does that mean?
    Fucking autocorrect.

Sorel Caribous are pretty roomy. OTOH I have low volume feet. They're certainly sturdy enough, but heavy. Of course mine are 30 years old. Who knows what the quality is now.

Random Unthreadworthy Questions

226 pages in and we’re still talking about boots that used to be good

It seems like the internet just stops here sometimes, but if I grab my phone and do Speedtest it's always working. Is there an easy way to monitor (and log, somehow) an internet connection over time?
    Yes, there are apps or services that will monitor your internet connection. As for your phone, if you are on Wifi and your home internet stops working, then your cellular connection should kick back on and be used obviously. So you would only notice the outage of the home Internet for a brief period that could be only second or more depending on the phone before the cellular would start to be used. My cell phone will advise me that their is no internet on the Wifi connection.

A Google search will provide services (some you sign up on their web site and they monitor, others you download and install an app that checks the Internet connection.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    226 pages in and we’re still talking about boots that used to be good
    Hell ya. They don't make anything like they used to.

So Facebook Marketplace has taken a bunch of the listings that used to be on Ebay, Craigslist and other types of selling web sites.

Anyone have experience with buying something (not local so no meet up can be done) and paying via Facebook (which claims there also is protection for both parties) instead of Paypal or other methods that can offer some well known buyers protection from item not as described or never shipped and received?

Any comments on trusting the Zuckerberg funds or stick with Paypal goods and services as a buyer?
    Last edited by RShea; 04-06-2024 at 12:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RShea View Post
    So Facebook Marketplace has taken a bunch of the listings that used to be on Ebay, Craigslist and other types of selling web sites.

Anyone have experience with buying something (not local so no meet up can be done) and paying via Facebook instead of Paypal or other methods that can offer some buyers protection from item not as described or never shipped and received?

Any comments on trusting the Zuckerberg funds or stick with Paypal goods and services as a buyer?
    Stick with G&S. If they won't, it's a scam.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

It seems like the internet just stops here sometimes, but if I grab my phone and do Speedtest it's always working. Is there an easy way to monitor (and log, somehow) an internet connection over time?
    Open terminal window
    Type “ping 75.75.75.75”

At least that’s what I do

Quote Originally Posted by The Suit View Post
    Open terminal window
    Type “ping 75.75.75.75”

At least that’s what I do
    Can add to the end -n 100 or some number to have it run more than 4 tries or -t for a continuous length also. (stop -t with Ctrl C)

And shorter command is the IP address of 8.8.8.8 or 1.1.1.1 works also.

My Cellphone

I have a Samsung S22 with an E-sim. When I go to Eurp I get a local SIM for data and whatever. Issue being I need to check my US SIM when I am over there.

Usually I switch to airplane mode, then enable WIFI so I don't get dinged for $10, change the SIM under settings check my shit and change the SIM back to the Eurp SIM and disable airplane mode.

Lately I can't switch SIMs in airplane mode anymore. Does anyone know how to do this? The kid at the store gave me a look like he couldn't point to Eurp on a map let alone solve my issue.
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.