Page 180 of 226 FirstFirst ... 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 ... LastLast
Results 4,476 to 4,500 of 5637
    We have an 8 cup Cuisinart with a smaller inside bowl, like Baron DeLong's Kitchenmaid,. I wouldn't go smaller than that. The thing I like it the best for is pie crusts. Put in the dry ingredients and mix. Put in the butter and mix, then slowly add the water while it's running until the dough starts to clump--perfect pie crust every time. Also great for making cole slaw. For basic slicing and dicing I use a mandoline or knife but the more I have to chop the more likely I am to use the cuisinart.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Cleaning food processors sucks. I'd rather just chop slice dice with a knife and a board if feasible. We have a Cuisinart and a Ninja blender when needed.
    Agreed. Mine doesn't come out very often, but for certain jobs it's indispensable. This is the only answer to the "which one" question.

https://www.cuisinart.com/shopping/a...rs/dfp-14bcny/

ive been looking at the same "pinecones" on huge pine/spruce whatever trees for over 3 years. they havn't fallen off. why?

Did I miss something and the fucking Cracker Barrel went upmarket with their cheeses?

Who is this IG account masquerading as the Barrel? Where’s the peg game, the checkers, the octogenarian Floridians?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6808.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	456.4 KB 
ID:	459780
    I still call it The Jake.

Anyone have any experience with "vacation club memberships" (sort of like a timeshare) and getting out of the contract? Some friends signed up for "unlimited vacation club" and regret it. Googling this company shows that it is a fairly typical scam, not entirely a scam as there are a few people who are happy with it, but most people -- on the interwebz at least -- are unhappy and they want to get out.

There is a contract governed by the laws of Panama and a promissory note governed by the laws of NY. One possibility is they just cancel the credit cards they used and risk getting sent to collections, but obviously, that could end up badly (but maybe not). I am just not sure what to tell them, they asked if I knew a lawyer who could help them but the amounts are small enough that it isn't reasonable to hire a lawyer. And this is not anywhere near my wheelhouse.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Anyone have any experience with "vacation club memberships" (sort of like a timeshare) and getting out of the contract? Some friends signed up for "unlimited vacation club" and regret it. Googling this company shows that it is a fairly typical scam, not entirely a scam as there are a few people who are happy with it, but most people -- on the interwebz at least -- are unhappy and they want to get out.

There is a contract governed by the laws of Panama and a promissory note governed by the laws of NY. One possibility is they just cancel the credit cards they used and risk getting sent to collections, but obviously, that could end up badly (but maybe not). I am just not sure what to tell them, they asked if I knew a lawyer who could help them but the amounts are small enough that it isn't reasonable to hire a lawyer. And this is not anywhere near my wheelhouse.
    Any chance it's with the rescission period? Otherwise just sell it to another sucker.

not within the rescission period
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Debt limit shenanigans

What's different this time? Why are we talking default? In the past when our politicians have decided to play economic chicken, there was a progressive worsening of government (IOUs, furloughing employees, closing national parks, etc). Why are we going straight to default this time?

Random Unthreadworthy Questions

Well there’s a difference between a shut down (no budget passed) which closes the government down, and the debt limit which is basically the ability of the treasury to pay its bills.

The treasury has been playing a bunch of accounting games to keep the payments going the last few months, but will run out of levers to pull soon.

The “why” it’s even a thing is baffling to basically everybody. Somehow Congress can mandate you spend the money through the budget but also say you can’t pay for the things they say you need to pay for.

Thanks, I missed the part where US Treasury already used all the financial maneuvers these last months.

Also wasn't paying that much attention to the budget/debt limit distinction. I guess the more common problem is there's no budget so there's no approval to spend money. Whereas the debt limit problem means our representatives approved the budget/spending but won't let the government issue the debt to spend it. I'm simple and just want our elected leaders to do their jobs.

Yeah. It’s like running up a credit card bill and then refusing to pay it. Doesn’t make any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Yeah. It’s like running up a credit card bill and then refusing to pay it. Doesn’t make any sense.
    Yes, but personally I’d say it’s more like a mortgage. It’s funding long term investments, at very low borrowing costs.

But regardless of the better analogy, the issue is that they agreed to take out a loan, and now one side is threatening to stop payments on it - knowing everyone gets hurt by that - if that side can’t get some of their desired policies passed under duress that they weren’t able to get through normal budget negotiations.

No other country has a debt limit like this. The assumption is that if you pass policies that require running a deficit, then obviously you’ll need to borrow to cover that, and obviously you’ll pay back that borrowed money under the terms it was borrowed.

The debt limit itself may be unconstitutional, since under the 14th amendment it says the ‘validity of the US public debt… shall not be questioned’. But it’s never been tested in the Supreme Court.

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    Yes, but personally I’d say it’s more like a mortgage. It’s funding long term investments, at very low borrowing costs.

But regardless of the better analogy, the issue is that they agreed to take out a loan, and now one side is threatening to stop payments on it - knowing everyone gets hurt by that - if that side can’t get some of their desired policies passed under duress that they weren’t able to get through normal budget negotiations.

No other country has a debt limit like this. The assumption is that if you pass policies that require running a deficit, then obviously you’ll need to borrow to cover that, and obviously you’ll pay back that borrowed money under the terms it was borrowed.

The debt limit itself may be unconstitutional, since under the 14th amendment it says the ‘validity of the US public debt… shall not be questioned’. But it’s never been tested in the Supreme Court.
    And this is the wrong SCOTUS to test it with because they are hellbent on dismantling 150-200 years of progress on everything.

Apparently the govt doesn't need to default--that is, not pay principle and interest on debt like savings bonds and tbills (most US debt is held by US citizens btw). The govt enough continuous revenues it can use to pay that plus make other payments, It just can't spend more than it takes in each month because it can't borrow any more. So in effect it would be more like a govt shutdown as long as revenues were enough to cover debt payments. And as long as the govt can continue to service its debt the 14th Amendment wouldn't come into play.

I am of the opinion that since a new law overrides an old law that it contradicts, when Congress authorizes spending that would exceed the debt limit the debt limit is automatically invaldiated. No need to invoke the 14th.Now all I have to do is get myself on the SCOTUS.

A squirrel managed to get into our attic. I can trim some trees and that will probably keep him out . We have a cat that was a stray that feasted on squirrels. He wants to go up in the attic real bad, should I let him?

Oh yeah! What could go wrong
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

It took us two months to chase a squirrel out of our attic last summer (apparently it’s illegal to kill squirrels here), so of your cat wants a go that’ll be much faster than other options.

The cat is the best option by far. I had one somewhere in a wall and had no idea how he was getting in and he didn’t come into the actual house so i ended up trapping about 20 of the little bastards before I got the right one!

When this cat was a stray I would find squirrel tails around the yard but nothing else

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    The cat is the best option by far. I had one somewhere in a wall and had no idea how he was getting in and he didn’t come into the actual house so i ended up trapping about 20 of the little bastards before I got the right one!
    I am just about to begin this process. Have one getting into the wall connecting my circa 1847 house to the barn/garage. I'm confident I've sealed all entrances I could find, but the fkr keeps scratching.

Trap to be set against the barn side of the wall tomorrow. Hoping it doesn't take me 20+ to get the right one.

Were you killing ot relocating them?

If relocating, how far away? (Wife very much pushing for this option)

Relocating. Prob about a mile from my house. Not that I wanted kill them but relocating def seems easier lol

10 miles. Those guys will just run home if you don’t get them far enough away. McSki probably just kept trapping the same squirrel who eventually got tired of the bullshit and moved to half-fast’s attic.
    focus.

Submerging the live trap in a barrel of water is easier than relocating

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    Oh yeah! What could go wrong
    Squirrel chews hole in wood shingle roof and starts a family in our attic. Cat follows squirrels in through the hole but unlike the squirrels cannot get out. We come home after being out of town for weeks and hear the yowling and let the still-alive cat out. (We trap the squirrels and relocate them.)

Neighbor posts signs for her lost cat and knocks on doors, including ours, looking for it. Weeks later it turns out the cat is locked in our unused upstairs bedroom, having come in through the dog door and hidden in the bedroom before someone shut the door on it. Minor damage to the bedroom, none to the cat. I don't know if it was the same cat as the first one, if so it's down to 7 lives, or likely fewer, because it doesn't seem too smart.