Page 116 of 226 FirstFirst ... 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... LastLast
Results 2,876 to 2,900 of 5637
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    In California there's a form you send to the DMV--I think you can do it online--when you sell a car, telling the DMV the car isn't yours any more, in case the new owner doesn't register it. You don't have to go to the DMV, thank the lord. Obviously it depends on the state.
    In NY we have to go to the DMV to turn in the plates. It costs $1. You can't take the insurance off the car without the receipt they give you, it has to be received by the company. Now I've been able to take a picture and upload it to their website/app but we used to have to mail it in or bring it to the agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    I could see parking it with one wheel up on the snow bank like a tool being bad, but yeah, 1 degree? No way
    I think he meant one revolution of the steering wheel, not one degree of the wheel. I almost asked the same thing. Not sure it would matter either way although I try not not leave it cranked all the way over.

^^^ You are correct, 1 full turn of the wheel.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Ah. That makes a little more sense. Not sure I would personally worry about it, though

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    I think he meant one revolution of the steering wheel, not one degree of the wheel. I almost asked the same thing. Not sure it would matter either way although I try not not leave it cranked all the way over.
    I can't imagine leaving it parked that way overnight or even for a few days would have any real impact.

I could see it possibly mattering if you parked that way every day, but that still strikes me as unlikely.

Now, if you want to talk about the risk of hopping in, forgetting it's a full turn off straight, and hitting something as you pull away in a direction you didn't mean to go--total Jerry move, but I could definitely see myself doing that.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

A coworker is selling her Dad’s old Shopsmith Mark V. He took it apart but never put it back together. I have very little info other than it’s from the late 60s/early 70s. She’s thinking $300 but I can probably get it for less. Is this even worth exploring?
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Yeah, they seem pretty well revered. Just wasn’t sure if it being 50 years old and in parts was a concern.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Jack of all trades, master of none.

Pass

Is macaroni salad eaten in other countries?

Somehow I think slathering pasta in mayonnaise is uniquely American.

Quote Originally Posted by krp8128 View Post
    Somehow I think slathering Potato fries in mayonnaise is uniquely French
    FIFY

Re the Shopsmith--what's the HP? I believe they upped it a while back to 1 1/4 which is a jobsite contractor's saw. Before that it was 3/4, which is too little. Do you want or need a drill press or lathe? A disc sander and horizontal boring machine (the drill press tipped sideways) are relatively useless. $300 for a light duty table saw and drill press is a decent price, if it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    I was parking a friends truck today. When I left the steering wheel about 1 turn off of neutral he had me back up, recenter and straighten the wheel to the neutral position.

He said that having the wheel turned off from neutral while parked was hard on the CV joints?

Bueller?
    I’d file that under:
    People learn shit from their dads, and carry it to their graves like the 11th commandment.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

If parking with the wheels turned was bad, people in SF, who have to curb their wheels on hills, would be fucked.
    Car talk says it doesn't hurt.
    https://www.cartalk.com/content/does...m%20whatsoever.

When I was down at the tow lot picking up the gf's car saw a few different wrecknecks yanking trucks down the road by their front wheels with not steering lock engaged, slammed one side to the other.

In related news, outside her parking garage at 11:50 pm was a parked all flat black tow truck with no logo. Do the yard take any random car any mercenary brings to them?

I was planning on cutting up some scrap lumber in my yard today with a circular saw. But dang it's quiet out there. Is father's day supposed to be a quiet zone?

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    I was planning on cutting up some scrap lumber in my yard today with a circular saw. But dang it's quiet out there. Is father's day supposed to be a quiet zone?
    I just ran the weed Wacker for an hour, stopped for a drink. Chainsaw is next.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Re the Shopsmith--what's the HP?
    The ad copy linked says the Mark V is 13.5 amps and 2+ HP.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    The ad copy linked says the Mark V is 13.5 amps and 2+ HP.
    Looks like the transition year was 1961 so the unit in question should be the higher HP. But elsewhere on Shopsmith's site it says 1 1/8 HP. 2 HP is a lot of power from a 13.5A 110V motor. Maybe it can get peak 2HP but for comparison with other machines I'd use the
    1 1/8 figure. On the plus side it looks like it's an induction motor, not universal, so that's good.

Random Unthreadworthy Questions

What do they call those shirts that look like somebody sewed a puffy jacket on the front of parts of them?

Also, why?
    focus.

Are these fashion shirts or like for running?

Random Unthreadworthy Questions

I…. Don’t know. Steph Curry was golfing in one. I saw some dude at a summer party with one.

Name:  Image1656205853.689105.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  83.7 KB
    focus.

hmm- I have a jacket that is sort of like that with puffy around the core and more breathable materials on the arms and such. it looks like that in the SC pic above but not sure I have seen the shirt version
    skid luxury

I thought you were describing a "puffy shirt" and all I could think of was "but I don't want to be a pirate!"
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I thought you were describing a "puffy shirt" and all I could think of was "but I don't want to be a pirate!"
    that’s exactly where my mind went first as well
    skid luxury