Page 14 of 226 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    yeah, I'm gonna need a brand/store for that

for science
    there's this store called The Cheese Wheel in the next town (and state) over from here, Tiverton RI. Pretty amazing place for cheese. That's the only I've seen this butter although I haven't looked around for it either. The butter is from a place called Arethusa Farm.

We use the Kerrygold for most things but for butter on a cracker or piece of bread or whatever that Arethusa butter is off the hook.

Always been more of an olive oil guy.

Big fan of the olive oil myself too. Something that you can also really go down the rabbit hole on is Balsamic vinegar. It's actually crazy the amount of depth and history you can learn about and taste. Some of these vinegars are literally hundreds of years old, they take some out, add more fresh, then re-age the whole thing, over and over and over. It's a whole department of connoisseur shit like wine or coffee, you could nerd out on it forever. The shit in the grocery store is a whole different substance from the real stuff.

There's an Italian deli near where I used to live in Maryland, I was waiting for a sub and they had this whole like museum exhibit about the vinegars and I was looking at it and reading the little signs and whatnot and the owner (he's from Italy) came over and started telling me about it and giving me samples, I only know a little but it's cool stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    The closest I've ever been to punching a healthcare provider was when I was at the doc's due to a concussion from pitching over the bars on my mountain bike. The fat nurse taking my blood pressure asked how I managed to hurt myself and when she found out it was biking said "You shouldn't do that, it's way too dangerous."
    Your retort should've been, "You shouldn't be a fat fuck, it's way too dangerous." But you were concussed, so you are excused.

If you're pitching over the bars regularly you should check your preload.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Can anyone confirm or deny whether domestic terrorist Kevin Greeson, who died during the violent siege of the Capitol, truly had a heart attack because he tazed himself in the balls by accident?

It’s too good to check

By all reports he did. He tazed himself multiple times in the nuts until he had a heart attack and died. Hopefully after he was dead he twitched and tazed himself again.

RIP to Kevin Greeson, who tased himself in the balls while trying to steal a painting of Tip O'Neill and died of a heart attack. He leaves behind a family who said that Mr. Greeson "loved to ride motorcycles, loved his dogs, and loved tasing himself in the balls so bad he lit up and you could see his flashing skeleton.
    I'm so glad I read this today. Going into the weekend with a smile.
    However many are in a shit ton.

When people say they get allergy attacks when it snows, are they on crack or is there some reason everything that bothers them wouldn’t be frozen and stuck to the walls or ground?

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    When people say they get allergy attacks when it snows, are they on crack or is there some reason everything that bothers them wouldn’t be frozen and stuck to the walls or ground?

Those snowflakes have to nucleate around something, and it's usually pollen or fine particulate pollution.

I get it a bit when the snow melts.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    I'm still having allergies now, but I think it's dust / mold / random shit blowing around when it gets windy. In a typical January, with snow, no allergies.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Huh. Good to know. I’d think it more likely in the hvac system than anything but hard to fathom either way.

My allergies are far worse in spring and fall when plants are pollenating, but it's just dry and dusty currently. I wouldn't call it an allergy attack, more like it's just noticeable. I definitely wouldn't attribute any winter allergies to snowfall though. Snow or rain tends to help.
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Smoke from wood stoves? Smog/air quality?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Air quality is usually pretty good where I live. There are winter inversions that trap pollution down in the valley in Reno, but usually not terrible.

I was suggesting possible answers for rideski.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Ah. We were all wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Ah. We were all wondering.
    I thought Danno was just asking a random question per the thread title.

I lied, I wasn't actually wondering at all.

that's more of a statement than a question......

Name:  3490BA3A-C135-46DA-B483-62B033DFB6E3.jpeg
Views: 1180
Size:  66.9 KB
    Damn, we're in a tight spot!

When you spend like 5 or 10 minutes per day, every day for a week trying to get rid of a pimple, and you’re not really sure, but you just say fuck it and dig part of your face off in a prominent spot that’s gonna leave a scab divot for a week for sure, but then you yank a two inch ingrown hair out: is that feeling - Anguish? Annoyance? Joy? Amusement?

Well right this second it's queasiness.