Page 141 of 224 FirstFirst ... 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,525 of 5590
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthop View Post
    Do you and your partner routinely have swingers try to pick you up or is just us?

My wife and I have plenty of couple friends that haven’t tried to fuck us but it has happened enough that we remain skeptical the first few times we are invited over a new house. This was not on my adulting bingo card.
    This post needs more details.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    This post needs more details.
    This post needs pics.

Anyone have luck fighting photo traffic tickets? Town near me apparently added speed radar to their red light cameras and I got popped going through a yellow. Im not convinced I was actually speeding there

Are you sure it's for speed? Might be a traffic light cam and you entered the intersection after the light was already yellow.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Are you sure it's for speed? Might be a traffic light cam and you entered the intersection after the light was already yellow.
    Yeah. Got the ticket in the mail this week

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Anyone have luck fighting photo traffic tickets? Town near me apparently added speed radar to their red light cameras and I got popped going through a yellow. Im not convinced I was actually speeding there
    How much would it cost you to go to court? Considering time off etc. I went for a red light ticket once just to see what happened. It was icy out and I was going slower than the limit but the light turned yellow and I hit the brakes. No way that I was going to stop until I was in the intersection. So I hit the gas and ran the light. The judge said it was really too bad but he couldn’t dismiss the ticket only reduce it some according to the law here. It was my day off so I didn’t lose out there but I did waste a few hours and I could have went skiing but I only saved like $40.

I did learn that automated red light tickets don’t go on your record though.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Random Unthreadworthy Questions

The ticket is like $150 bucks, but I really don’t want it on my record. To go to traffic school I have to appear in person at the courthouse to see if I qualify, then go back for school. If there are ways to fight it, I may as well do that if I have to drive 40 minutes and wait around anyway

My initial thought is to show up and ask about the machine, how it’s calibrated, when was it last calibrated, what’s the error rate, etc and hope nobody shows up for the court date to defend the machine

Hire a local attorney that advertises traffic tickets. Have gone that route a few times (I was set up, I swear!) in varying jurisdictions with continued success.

I think the last one was $500-800 retainer.

Might end up going that route in the end

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCamper View Post
    Hire a local attorney that advertises traffic tickets. Have gone that route a few times (I was set up, I swear!) in varying jurisdictions with continued success.

I think the last one was $500-800 retainer.
    That’s definitely less expensive than the $150 ticket.

Are you sure the automated ticket goes on your record?

Random Unthreadworthy Questions

No. Not sure about that. Good point. I guess I have a phone call or two to make tomorrow

If you have to go anyway and can't just pay it, then I would find out first and foremost does it go on your license as points and possibly impact insurance rates? If it does, then maybe do fight it as you state. Make them prove the last calibration of the device, as well as some questions on where it was located, was the person that set it up had training on the unit, and how the line of sight was and angle, etc. If nobody is there to speak for the Municipality Police to defend then you may get out of it. If they are there and just again ask questions on the speed they recorded (and are we talking about 25 mile zone, or exactly what) and all, maybe the ticket could be reduced to a lesser infraction... Got any attorney friends that you could at least ask their opinion on the success and how much they would charge (usually more than $150 for a court appearance probably as that typically is not even an hour of their time...)

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Nobody can answer without knowing where you are and what the local law is. Technically, they have to serve you to impose any criminal penalty, but different places handle the whole thing differently. In Colorado, if they don't physically serve you in 90 days, the violation disappears (that is a state law). Many people just pay the thing, but if you don't and avoid personal service for 90 days, you're good. If they do serve you (and whether they actually try depends on the municipality and where you live relative to the offense), you are responsible for the cost of service on top of whatever fine there is.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    That’s definitely less expensive than the $150 ticket.

Are you sure the automated ticket goes on your record?

My point being that it is pretty unlikely someone can successfully contest a traffic ticket without an attorney.

I hired the lawyer for speeding infractions, which definitely go on the record.

Automated tickets? Don't know - might be based on jurisdiction.

I lived in Montgomery County, Maryland for many years. UNfortunately MoCo basically pioneered the cams for the country. There, tickets do not go on your record because it's often not possible to prove who was driving the car. Instead, tickets go against the car, you can't renew the registration the car until they're paid (and they keep doubling over time) is how it's enforced there.

Are bank CD's good investments?
    Mine is offering 5.2% on a 10 month, but then I have to pay income tax on the profit.
    Safe, secure, and easy though.

Unless you're a frequent flier or caught doing 120 in a 55, for speeding tickets you go to court and cut a deal with the town attorney to pay the fine and waive the points. It's worked for me every time.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Are bank CD's good investments?
    Mine is offering 5.2% on a 10 month, but then I have to pay income tax on the profit.
    Safe, secure, and easy though.
    It depends.

If you need the cash to be liquid in 11 months but not before, that might be a good plan. If you can sock it away longer, there are probably better options, but most aren't as safe as an FDIC-insured CD.

Oh, and definitely compare the rate to online banks. My local bank was at about a tenth of the online average last I checked, but their online wing was competitive. YMMV.

Sent using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Unless you're a frequent flier or caught doing 120 in a 55, for speeding tickets you go to court and cut a deal with the town attorney to pay the fine and waive the points. It's worked for me every time.
    Huh? Sounds like podunkville as in a big city that s*** ain't going to happen
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Huh? Sounds like podunkville as in a big city that s*** ain't going to happen
    Go to the first court appearance, enter your plea of not guilty, judge sends you to go talk to the low level DA assigned to traffic court, who will offer you a deal - lower $ fine, less points. Take the deal.

The DA can't waste infinite time trying traffic cases. Too expensive, too much time, not enough lawyers. They have to deal to get the tickets processed.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Why is Ruth's Chris so popular? I've been twice now and both times was very happy it wasn't on my dime. Steak was good but hardly sixty fuckin' dollars good, salads and sides were meh. Yet, the place was packed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Why is Ruth's Chris so popular? I've been twice now and both times was very happy it wasn't on my dime. Steak was good but hardly sixty fuckin' dollars good, salads and sides were meh. Yet, the place was packed.
    Not a lot of good steaks for less than $60 these days, it seems.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    One can only wonder. We had some gift cards there not too long ago and went for dinner. Holy moly. Boring food that managed to do the seemingly impossible task of being both over seasoned and under seasoned at the same time. Even for free, it didn't feel like we were getting much value.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    One can only wonder. We had some gift cards there not too long ago and went for dinner. Holy moly. Boring food that managed to do the seemingly impossible task of being both over seasoned and under seasoned at the same time. Even for free, it didn't feel like we were getting much value.
    The place was probably packed with people with gift cards, listening to a sales pitch, docs comped by a drug company etc. The only time I was there was for a dinner talk and I insisted on paying for my dinner. Wasnt about to take a bribe from a drug company. They would have to pay me a lot more than a steak dinner to bribe me.

In WA you can use the Shaggy defense and it will be automatically dismissed. There is a box to sign right on the ticket. They do not make you name the driver.

I don't really like technology making accusations.