Page 52 of 224 FirstFirst ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 5590
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Budget Rental Car is trying to charge us over $500 for a crack in a windshield. I need to tweet my dissatisfaction. How do I do that? Do I just go to my page and use the @ symbol? Like "@Budget you guys are fucking scam artists trying to charge me for a goddam cracked windshield that expanded from a tiny crack to a big one while I had the car, and you cannot prove differently!" Like that? Or do I go to their page and post there? I understand FB but not the twitters.

That sucks. A very similar thing happened to me. I declined the collision and damage coverage because it was a single day rental, I was just going to drive on a freeway to the destination, have a meeting and drive back to the airport.

When I turned the car back in, there was a small crack on the windshield, on the passenger side, which I missed in the walkaround, and I'm fairly sure didn't happen during my drive, because I didn't hear any impacts.

But I didn't mark it when picking up the car and they noticed it when I returned it. Later, I was wondering if that had become a small moneymaker for the car rental place. I wish I had thought of hitting the crack hard enough to make it larger and more noticeable since they were already charging me for the windshield.

Budget Rental Car is trying to charge us over $500 for a crack in a windshield. I need to tweet my dissatisfaction. How do I do that? Do I just go to my page and use the @ symbol? Like "@Budget you guys are fucking scam artists trying to charge me for a goddam cracked windshield that expanded from a tiny crack to a big one while I had the car, and you cannot prove differently!" Like that? Or do I go to their page and post there? I understand FB but not the twitters.
    Your auto insurance and / or the credit card you used to pay for the rental might cover that.

I was once fined some ludicrous amount for a bumper ding on an Enterprise rental car that happened overnight while it was street parked.

I got the bad news when I returned the car to the rental office. I didn't have a car of my own at the time, so I took advantage of their weird "we'll drop you off!" policy. Anyway, they've already told me that they're going to add hundreds of dollars to the two-day rental to pay for this bumper ding, and as I'm sitting there being driven back to my place, I realize there's a big crack in the windshield too. It was raining hard, so it wasn't obvious, but the crack was definitely something that would require windshield replacement. I made sure to keep the conversation going on other topics and they hadn't noticed by the time they dropped me off. I guess they never did because they never added it to my bill.

I was still on the hook for the bumper ding, but my CC decided they would cover it. I imagine they haggled it down - the original amount was for the repair plus lost rental income while it was in the shop and was clearly gouging.

Not that I have twitter, but I can assure you if your rip a company on Twitter they know it immediately and will likely try and resolve the issue to get rid of a negative tweet. I had an investor that pissed off the borrower, he bitched on Twitter and the bank was like what do we need to do to get this deleted?
    I was amazed.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Budget Rental Car is trying to charge us over $500 for a crack in a windshield.
    Did they already charge you? I've never had a damage incident, but I am 2/2 on chargebacks against car rental companies for their bullshit.

Appreciate the feedback, but can anyone answer my Twitter question? I don't know how to tweet (I have an account), how do I publicly tweet at them so everyone can see? (IME, this is the way to get companies to back off their shady behavior, but I've only used Facebook)

I will check with my credit card (Costco visa), I'm also going to dispute the charge. They never gave me the opportunity to report existing damage, and the crack was barely visible in the dark parking garage.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

@dril your complaint

Use @budget anywhere and that tags em.
    I also see there are regional accounts too…@budgetutah, @budgetATL so look for your region.
    The twit is not much different these days from the trg.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    No way.

OnTrac is by far the worst shipping company IMO.
    Fact!

Hello Danno, we sincerely apologize for your poor rental experience. Please DM us with your rental number, and the full details of your complaint. Thank you in advance for your cooperation. We look forward to hearing from you shortly. ~$12/hr employee
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Who wants to walk across the Mackinac Bridge?

Seriously, who? At least one Yugo blows off that thing into the icy depths each year, right?

If you're so inclined. You can do so next week.

https://www.cleveland.com/travel/202...ur-chance.html
    If it weren’t such a clusterfuck I'd love to do that

Appreciate the feedback, but can anyone answer my Twitter question? I don't know how to tweet (I have an account), how do I publicly tweet at them so everyone can see? (IME, this is the way to get companies to back off their shady behavior, but I've only used Facebook)

I will check with my credit card (Costco visa), I'm also going to dispute the charge. They never gave me the opportunity to report existing damage, and the crack was barely visible in the dark parking garage.
    If you start a tweet with just the @budget it will go directly to them and only people who follow you both will see it. To get around it lots of people start the tweet with a . So it would be like .@budget. Or just use the opportunity to make it have some personality like “Hey @budget you morans you tried to charge me $37 without the proper ski off challenge”

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    If you start a tweet with just the @budget it will go directly to them and only people who follow you both will see it. To get around it lots of people start the tweet with a . So it would be like .@budget. Or just use the opportunity to make it have some personality like “Hey @budget you morans you tried to charge me $37 without the proper ski off challenge”
    Now that's quality trg.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    @dril your complaint
    I miss something awful

And yes, I'm very much a manchild

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    If it weren’t such a clusterfuck I'd love to do that
    My wife refuses, due to said clusterfuck, but I figure it's worth doing once. If you ever decide to go, count me in. I put it up there with stupid shit you do just because you can.

I got a text from fedex that the thing I ordered couldn't be delivered because nowhere safe to put it so it was returned to the warehouse. I didn't order anything. Scam, or did I order something and forgot? There were no instructions to do anything, provide info etc. Just a notification. There were links which I did click on after serious consideration but they didn't ask for anything, I have antivirus on my phone because I had an extra device on my Norton, I don't have anything valuable on my phone except my covid vaccine QR code. It's an android phone that synchs with my google account so I suppose they could fuck with me that way. I haven't received any notification of someone logging into my google account from an unrecognized device.

Maybe someone sent something to me and didn't tell me about it but gave Fedex my email, which makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I got a text from fedex that the thing I ordered couldn't be delivered because nowhere safe to put it so it was returned to the warehouse. I didn't order anything. Scam, or did I order something and forgot? There were no instructions to do anything, provide info etc. Just a notification. There were links which I did click on after serious consideration but they didn't ask for anything, I have antivirus on my phone because I had an extra device on my Norton, I don't have anything valuable on my phone except my covid vaccine QR code. It's an android phone that synchs with my google account so I suppose they could fuck with me that way. I haven't received any notification of someone logging into my google account from an unrecognized device.

Maybe someone sent something to me and didn't tell me about it but gave Fedex my email, which makes no sense.
    Overnight shipping is a mess right now.

Last week a guy came to the house, he had ordered something for his construction business and he really needed to get it. UPS told him that it had delivered, to our address (we don't know the guy, and he obviously had put his own address for the shipping).

The really strange thing is that in the tracking documents that he received from UPS his package had been shipped to our address, to our name (that is, the label had our name and our address on it, so the mistake was at the system level, not due to a careless delivery driver).

To make matters even worse, we didn't even receive the package, so UPS told him that it had delivered to a different address from the one he had originally requested, but this wasn't even true.

Fucking ontrac. They seem to hire Eastern European guys who give zero fucks where I liver they just randomly drop packages off that are addressed to no where near our house. IB the. Drive miles away to drop them at the correct address while others do the same for us. I specifically request both to use them

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    Fucking ontrac. They seem to hire Eastern European guys who give zero fucks where I liver they just randomly drop packages off that are addressed to no where near our house. IB the. Drive miles away to drop them at the correct address while others do the same for us. I specifically request both to use them
    This post delivered to you by OnTrac.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Fofo View Post
    To make matters even worse, we didn't even receive the package, so UPS told him that it had delivered to a different address from the one he had originally requested, but this wasn't even true.

did you look under your car? twice now they just threw it under my car at the end of the driveway. I ended up backing over my shit. Now I'm paranoid and gotta check under my car every time I go for a drive...

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post

I got a similar email the other day, it ended up in the spam folder and the only reason I found it is I was in there looking for something else.

Thing is, I AM expecting a FedEx package.. from Praxis.

Like yours, no instructions just a link (that I didn't click).

Tracking info from the praxis shipment still seems solid, so I'm chalking it up to a scam.

I'm assuming you ordered Russian Vodka?

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    I'm assuming you ordered Russian Vodka?
    Post checks out, since detrusor posted his at 1:25 AM.

I agree that ontrac is run by the Russian mafia as a money laundering scheme. I've even posted it to social media enough that they've put a hit out on me. Luckily, they can't seem to find my house.

Wtf is ontrac? Must be a western thing? Never heard of it.

We fuck with UPS, FedEx, USPS and Amazon around here. That's a new one to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    I agree that ontrac is run by the Russian mafia as a money laundering scheme. I've even posted it to social media enough that they've put a hit out on me. Luckily, they can't seem to find my house.
    Heh. I see what you did there.