Page 80 of 226 FirstFirst ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... LastLast
Results 1,976 to 2,000 of 5634
    Quote Originally Posted by HD333 View Post
    Fixed it for you.

No parent should be asking a high school coach about anything related to the team or his/her decision making process. That is a great way to have your kid cut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bingo. And really, I was not asking about my kid specifically, but more I wanted a peak at the recipe for the secret sauce of how coaches, in general, decide when they might have kids of same ability but different grade level. If there were two teams or four teams the math is easier. Three teams makes it more challenging.

The funny thing is now he has a pass at Jay Peak that he can't use until late season. He qualified for a season pass because of his grades, they gave out 100 of them at his HS today. I gotta see if he's willing to give it up.

Anyone have suggestions on a supplemental heat source for a plastic dog crate that's located indoor?

Our short-haired pooch likes to spend the nights in her crate, but seems a little cool - she's often curled up with her nose under her tail. Indoor air temperature is 68 degrees, and we leave her crate door open, so her body heat isn't really warming it up. I threw a blanket over the other sides of the crate, leaving the door clear for ventilation, and it only warmed up 1 degree (per our cooking thermometer). So, any thoughts? Heat lamp? Heated dog pad? Space heater outside the crate?

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    Anyone have suggestions on a supplemental heat source for a plastic dog crate that's located indoor?

Our short-haired pooch likes to spend the nights in her crate, but seems a little cool - she's often curled up with her nose under her tail. Indoor air temperature is 68 degrees, but we leave her crate door open, so her body heat isn't really warming it up. I threw a blanket over the other sides of the crate, leaving the door for ventilation, and it only warmed up 1 degree (per our cooking thermometer). So any thoughts? Heat lamp? Heated dog pad? Space heater outside the crate?
    Heated pad on a thermostat seems safest.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Heated pad on a thermostat seems safest.
    Thanks, I ordered one - will report back with results. I know we could just turn up the heat, but we're way too cheap...would rather buy an expensive heated dog pad, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    so if you need further explanation I would pm one of the pseudo-intellectuals that frequent this forum.
    This seems to be a reasonable reply to almost every thread

Our short-haired pooch likes to spend the nights in her crate, but seems a little cool - she's often curled up with her nose under her tail. Indoor air temperature is 68 degrees
    I mean... maybe I'm off base here, but 68F should be warm enough for *any* dog to sleep comfortably. Short haired or not.

Hell, *I* could probably sleep comfortably in a plastic crate at 68F. And I really don't have any hair at all, relative to a dog.

+1
    the dog should be fine

Random Unthreadworthy Questions

What about a reptile heating pad? I mean, if a lizard can just chill on top of it, maybe it won’t melt the crate of you put it underneath for some radiant. You’d have to test it but just an idea. Would add a couple degrees without overdoing it.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    I mean... maybe I'm off base here, but 68F should be warm enough for *any* dog to sleep comfortably. Short haired or not.

Hell, *I* could probably sleep comfortably in a plastic crate at 68F. And I really don't have any hair at all, relative to a dog.

That's what Google says too, but when I told the dog, she didn't buy it. Maybe she's just thin-blooded. She's a shelter dog from the LA area, so winter is new for her. As far as you in the crate, I'm pretty sure you'd find the dimensions on the trim side

That's what Google says too, but when I told the dog, she didn't buy it.
    I think that, perhaps, you should tell Nancy to HTFU.

As far as you in the crate, I'm pretty sure you'd find the dimensions on the trim side
    A goddam FAT joke? Why I oughta...

I think that, perhaps, you should tell Nancy to HTFU.
    I tried, but she gave me the puppy dog eyes and my resolve crumbled

A goddam FAT joke? Why I oughta...
    hahaha, more of a short joke

Quote Originally Posted by HD333 View Post
    Kid got a flat this weekend in my car Jeep GC, so AWD.

I put new tires on it about 8k miles ago.

Any reason not to just replace the one tire?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The answer is no, but

Is the GC full time 4wd?
    I presumed it was optional
    Rwd
    4hi
    4low

If it drives in Rwd most of the time, one of the rear wheels is the drive wheel, and that one wears fastest. Put it there.

I tried, but she gave me the puppy dog eyes and my resolve crumbled
    Pro-tip: don't have kids.

hahaha, more of a short joke
    A *short* joke?!?

What file are we using to shave down sidewalls? Is a cutter my best option if there is metal in there? Blizzard Lattigos.

My coarsest file works the edges but seems to not wanna do anything to the sidewalls. Thanks!!

Is this Tech Talk?

You can buy a fancy sidewall planer or buy a Panzer file. I just clamp a Panzer onto a file guide and rip that shit off.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Is this Tech Talk?

You can buy a fancy sidewall planer or buy a Panzer file. I just clamp a Panzer onto a file guide and rip that shit off.
    Fair but at least it’s not threadworthy. Thanks man! that’s the piece I’m missing! much coarser than my file. Seems like they didn’t have that at my hardware store but I looked like 2 years ago. maybe time to go to slidewright.com. As long as it will shave that metal layer but it looks from what I’m seeing like it will.

Last edited by Jong Lafitte; 12-08-2021 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jong Lafitte View Post
    Fair but at least it’s not threadworthy. Thanks man! that’s the piece I’m missing! much coarser than my file. Seems like they didn’t have that at my hardware store but I looked like 2 years ago. maybe time to go to slidewright.com. As long as it will shave that metal layer but it looks from what I’m seeing like it will.

Both the file and the sidewall tool should be able to handle the metal layer, since the metal is basically aluminum. Steel or tungsten carbide vs aluminum--no contest.

Yeah, you won't find a panzer file at Ace Hardware. I think I got mine from Terry or Tognar.
    OG is correct...no contest. It'll take ribbons of edge off too if you're too heavy handed.

I have an unthreadworthy question for you all that drive a run of the mill Subaru (not the WRX). I got passed by two Forester's going about 100-110mph this am. What the fuck are you thinking? My mother in law used to have a Forester and the few times I drove that POS it scared the hell out of me at 80 mph.

Yeah, you won't find a panzer file at Ace Hardware. I think I got mine from Terry or Tognar.
    OG is correct...no contest. It'll take ribbons of edge off too if you're too heavy handed.

I have an unthreadworthy question for you all that drive a run of the mill Subaru (not the WRX). I got passed by two Forester's going about 100-110mph this am. What the fuck are you thinking? My mother in law used to have a Forester and the few times I drove that POS it scared the hell out of me at 80 mph.
    PM Benny?
    I still call it The Jake.

I had no idea those things could even go that fast.

My buddy has a new Outback and that thing feels pretty solid at speed. The last Subaru I was in before that was your more standard clapped out 15 year old legacy wagon on it's 4th head gasket.

It felt, "tinny" at speed.
    I still call it The Jake.

Maybe some Subarus need more attention at the alignment? The ones I've had were always stable at speed. Course, by the time you get them over 100 you've usually had a minute to get used to them.

Ha! The 08 OBW 2.5 natural does just fine as far as handling goes but going over 95 or so with the 4speed auto and the profile, you get engine and wind noise to the extent that you don’t feel like your just cruising along anymore.

Just get the 928 and done.

(Wait? Really? Since when? Oh that is a while…yeah, it IS a shame…)

So, my people tell me they no longer make this vehicle. I dunno what to recommend. Big FrozenFritz MotorWerks?

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Maybe some Subarus need more attention at the alignment? The ones I've had were always stable at speed. Course, by the time you get them over 100 you've usually had a minute to get used to them.
    Yeah I had mine up to 124 this summer and it felt pretty good. The suspension is pretty toasty and it still rides fine.

What is the most effective and somewhat humane mice trap on the market these days?