Page 77 of 224 FirstFirst ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,925 of 5590
    I went to a Jesuit high school in the Bronx. St. Patrick's Day was an unofficial holiday as no one showed up to school and you wouldn't get a tardy. I always made it a ritual to have a few pints at McSorley’s before it got rowdy.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Guys, my Delta Sky Miles are useless for flying business class to Yurp. Only solution I can think of is fly from San Diego to the East Coast (in April) in premium economy and spend the night at an airport hotel and then the next day fly out in premium economy to Yurp. My wife can last maybe 6 hours in a cheap seat, so breaking up the flight may make sense.

What airport back east is best to stay at (hotel at the airport, not a mile away) and not a total cluster fuck like the one time we flew into JFK? Thanks for your suggestions.
    Regan. Easy metro ride to tons of A+ hotels.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post

What airport back east is best to stay at (hotel at the airport, not a mile away) and not a total cluster fuck like the one time we flew into JFK? Thanks for your suggestions.

Updated reply.
    So apparently JFK now has a hotel on site.
    They have repurposed one of the older terminals (with add on) Into a onsite hotel with free air train service to other terminals. I have been told. Two of my nieces stay d there last night for early flights this morning.
    No personal experience.

https://www.twahotel.com/
    Last edited by Ski220; 11-27-2021 at 09:25 AM. Reason: Add link.

(Sort of) on the subject--best airport hotels I ever stayed at were at Mian Malpensa. One on arrival was a grand old building with a fabulous breakfast buffet, one on departure was a newer building with an outstanding restaurant next door. None was on the airport property proper, no noise, but less than 5 minutes away. (Not sure how that works but it did.)

Kid got a flat this weekend in my car Jeep GC, so AWD.

I put new tires on it about 8k miles ago.

Any reason not to just replace the one tire?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

My new (to me) car that I purchased this summer only came with one key. I didn't realize this until the deal was done and figured it wouldn't be a big deal.
    But now I'm getting around to replacing it.....Do modern car keys really now cost $300 or $400?
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    My new (to me) car that I purchased this summer only came with one key. I didn't realize this until the deal was done and figured it wouldn't be a big deal.
    But now I'm getting around to replacing it.....Do modern car keys really now cost $300 or $400?
    year/make/model.............Lot's of third party options for factory keys BUT they are all kind of spendy. If you lose your ONLY key it could be substantially more.

Perhaps. What does jeep say about it? Some makers say all four or it fuck up your AWD transfer parts. Not sure I totally buy that. My advice is get two of the same since they are probably new enough to still be made?

Yes. And that reminds me... I need to get a spare key for our truck.

My wife put a VW key through the wash in 2012 and that was $180 from the dealer. 9 years ago. Wrong thread?

Just a general WTF?

I'm digging it, except for my recent elk hunt, but WTF?

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...&lon=-106.4071

maybe? when I got my Sequoia, it only came with one key. After researching on a Tundra/Sequoia forum, there was apparently an aftermarket key you could buy and some weird (but easy) steps to program it. I didn't want to spend hundreds so gave it a whirl and it worked, instant backup key!

If your car is the type to have a forum associated with it, search there. But don't expect it to be as scintillating as the TRGs.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

RE: car keys, not having two keys generally reduces the car's trade-in (or to a lesser degree resale) value by more than the cost of a replacement key.

Who here would willfully choose to leave the dealer logo license plate frame on their car? Removing that junk is literally the first I do when I bring a vehicle home and yet I bet 20-30% of the cars I see have em.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by fatnslow View Post
    year/make/model.............Lot's of third party options for factory keys BUT they are all kind of spendy. If you lose your ONLY key it could be substantially more.
    2019 Audi Q5
    For sure and that's why I'm taking care of it now rather than waiting until I "need" to

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    maybe? when I got my Sequoia, it only came with one key. After researching on a Tundra/Sequoia forum, there was apparently an aftermarket key you could buy and some weird (but easy) steps to program it. I didn't want to spend hundreds so gave it a whirl and it worked, instant backup key!

If your car is the type to have a forum associated with it, search there. But don't expect it to be as scintillating as the TRGs.
    that's great to hear. I saw some of those self programming keys for like $30 but was skeptical. Maybe I'll just give it a whirl and see how it works before dropping the money for the OEM key

thanks for the advice, gang
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    Who here would willfully choose to leave the dealer logo license plate frame on their car? Removing that junk is literally the first I do when I bring a vehicle home and yet I bet 20-30% of the cars I see have em.

Same here. I'm not going to give them free advertising.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    I would place it at an even higher percentage
    I even went as far as risking the wrath of police and took the blazing red dealer front plate off before I got my permanent plates.
    I figured I don't really do anything wrong driving anyway and they may understand the aesthetics angle
    skid luxury

I might leave the plate holder just to hide the edges of the plate, or until I replace with something more suitable.

I do remove all dealer stickers and decals from the body and windows though. This includes the stencilling on the cap; for some reason I'm triggered by a partially removed Cap-It stencil on someone's cap. Clean up and remove that obnoxious shit!

2019 Audi Q5
    For sure and that's why I'm taking care of it now rather than waiting until I "need" to

that's great to hear. I saw some of those self programming keys for like $30 but was skeptical. Maybe I'll just give it a whirl and see how it works before dropping the money for the OEM key

Just don't hide the spare on yourself.

Piggy backing off the AWD fucking up w tires question, I'm getting a transit awd van next year. Thinking bigger tires. How do I now I'm not straining etc the AWD system? Those transit van tires are pretty small. Thx!

I think you'll be ok as long as you don't put 35's on it.
    #vanlife

Can anyone here settle an argument I'm having with someone?
    Is the person with the ram horns on their head who goes into the Taco Bell a guy or a chick?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

2019 Audi Q5

That might be a dealer only key/fob. It's never the physical fob/key that's expensive but the programming.

Quote Originally Posted by fatnslow View Post
    That might be a dealer only key/fob. It's never the physical fob/key that's expensive but the programming.
    Locksmiths can often do the programming, and obviously the cutting of the key blank. Worth calling a few to ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Just don't hide the spare on yourself.
    Are you suggesting that she check it?

edit: About the tire wear thing, if you're paranoid you can get the new tire shaved to the same radius as the old one on the same axle for short money. Just google tire shaving. If you're super paranoid you can buy a second new tire and put it on the same axle as the other new one. No matter how paranoid you are don't buy 4 new tires.