Page 61 of 224 FirstFirst ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 5590
    Definite improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Look, one time I showed up at the the Collins lift without Kinco's, a backpack and 120 waist skis. The looks of scorn practically burned a hole in me. Now when I visit UT I rent 120's and flop around like everyone else on the groomers hoping for a powder day.
    This needs to be on a bumper sticker or something.

Give this (not-quite)-old bump skier stiff 90mm park skis with camber so I don't have to power around a floppy water ski in-bounds when it hasn't snowed for 2 days. Good news is they still work just as well in powder too.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post

H/t Bill Watterson
    Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Definite improvement.
    Any time you can invoke Bill Watterson its an improvement.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post

Give this (not-quite)-old bump skier stiff 90mm park skis with camber so I don't have to power around a floppy water ski in-bounds when it hasn't snowed for 2 days. Good news is they still work just as well in powder too.

Any time you can invoke Bill Watterson its an improvement.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3661.JPG 
Views:	58 
Size:	282.3 KB 
ID:	386434

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post

Thanks for the compliment but the only bumper that would fit on is possibly a 50's Cadillac. And those are becoming hard to find.

I've had an epiphany in recent years after trying many different waisted skis that low to mid 90's is also my sweet spot. Those fat ski fuckers out west can eat my rooster tails.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Where do I go for dress casual work clothes? I have no idea. Been wearing scrubs to work for last 18 years.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Do you have a Jos A Bank near you?

Not bad for inexpensive work cloths that look good.

They have killer sales too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone know if there's a way to quickly utilize bonus sign-up miles for an airline credit card? Specifically delta amex, trying to buy holiday flights like nowish.

Quote Originally Posted by bonewrenched View Post
    Anyone know if there's a way to quickly utilize bonus sign-up miles for an airline credit card? Specifically delta amex, trying to buy holiday flights like nowish.
    The ones I’ve seen you have to spend a minimum amount first

Did skidog get banned? Too bad we can't ban from a single thread. Dood has a serious hangup in the rat flu thread. I don't stalk, but have run across a few of his posts in other threads where he seems normal. He needs to start his own Rat flu bitch and troll thread that can revolve around him. Or get banned.

Thread timeout based on user post frequency.

There is already a 30 second timeout. It should be increased on a per user post frequency basis.

If, because the variable is a global, it can't be focused to per user post frequency, maybe we should all accept an increase of that 30 seconds to 2 minutes or something.

We are doing this to ourselves all across any kind of internet communication or social media. It would be so nice if the digital overlords could damp down the frenzy.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Is the New York Times print edition still sold anywhere outside New York? Where the hell does someone go to buy a paper these days? Google is surprisingly unhelpful.

I need a print copy because of something that's in this Sundays paper.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Barnes & Noble if you can find one?

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Is the New York Times print edition still sold anywhere outside New York? Where the hell does someone go to buy a paper these days? Google is surprisingly unhelpful.

You can get pictures of women in underwear all over the internet danno, no need to scour the Macy's inserts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Barnes & Noble if you can find one?
    We have one in town, I was wondering about them.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

What do you mean “quickly utilize”? If you have the miles, log in to your airline and search for tickets.

If you are looking for ways to meet the minimum spend to get the sign up bonus, look into gift cards. Staples/Office Depot often have visa gift cards without activation fees. Or load up on gift card for places you shop at anyway: Amazon , Home Depot, etc. Google is your friend: look up “manufactured spending”. FlyerTalk is a good resource. Reddit has some resources about miles and points.

I called the credit card company and they said it could take up to 10 weeks for the bonus miles to actually show up in my account after I met the spending minimum. So given that scenario I was trying to figure out if there was an alternative. Likely I'll have to be a regular adult and pay for these flights and save the new miles for the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Thanks for the compliment but the only bumper that would fit on is possibly a 50's Cadillac. And those are becoming hard to find.

I've had an epiphany in recent years after trying many different waisted skis that low to mid 90's is also my sweet spot. Those fat ski fuckers out west can eat my rooster tails.
    Maybe it is an older guy thing, but I feel the same way. It can go 30 days with no new snow at Mammoth before a 6 foot dump, so I have come to really appreciate skis in the 80's the hang on to and easily carve hard packed conditions.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Much to my dismay, they item I expected to be in today's Times was not in it, but thankfully I found this out before heading out to find a paper.

Much to my dismay, they item I expected to be in today's Times was not in it, but thankfully I found this out before heading out to find a paper.
    Just gonna leave us hanging like that? What's the topic?

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    Just gonna leave us hanging like that? What's the topic?
    heh. I don't want to provide too much detail because I don't want to dox myself (not that anyone who wanted to work hard to find my identity couldn't do so, I'm not as naive as sugarloafer). But there was supposed to be a feature item with pictures about a family member.

heh. I don't want to provide too much detail because I don't want to dox myself (not that anyone who wanted to work hard to find my identity couldn't do so, I'm not as naive as sugarloafer). But there was supposed to be a feature item with pictures about a family member.
    Thanks for the explanation. You had me worrid--I thought maybe the article you were expecting to find was your obituary.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Thanks for the explanation. You had me worrid--I thought maybe the article you were expecting to find was your obituary.
    The rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated.

So far.

Random Unthreadworthy Questions

I called the credit card company and they said it could take up to 10 weeks for the bonus miles to actually show up in my account after I met the spending minimum. So given that scenario I was trying to figure out if there was an alternative. Likely I'll have to be a regular adult and pay for these flights and save the new miles for the next one.

Check on fliertalk about your exact card. There must be data points. Some cards post points as soon as you meet the spent. Others post it when statement closes for the month when the bonus was achieved. 10 week is some bs that customer service has to say IMHO.

Why do they always have that slippery plastic shit on the ground on the sidelines in football games?