Page 117 of 226 FirstFirst ... 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,925 of 5637
    Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    hmm- I have a jacket that is sort of like that with puffy around the core and more breathable materials on the arms and such. it looks like that in the SC pic above but not sure I have seen the shirt version
    Yeah, that’s what I was picturing as well I see them like that for running, and more windproof versions for cycling.

But also maybe it’s Seinfeld’s new summer line.

What happened to the what gun now thread?

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    What happened to the what gun now thread?
    Deleted by the guy who started it.

What's a good outdoor door mat? Tired of everyone tracking a bunch of filth into the house.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    What's a good outdoor door mat? Tired of everyone tracking a bunch of filth into the house.
    Plus you need a shoes off policy. I have indoor shoes and outdoor shoes.

Shoes off? Really? Do you have white carpet like my neighbor?
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Shoes off inside isn't some weird stuck up policy. Seems pretty common to me. :shrug:
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Indoor shoes??

Wtf

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Shoes off inside isn't some weird stuck up policy. Seems pretty common to me. :shrug:
    Yes. Take off your dog shit shoes.

I as well abide by this. Slippers in the winter, slides in the summer indoors

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Indoor shoes??

Wtf
    I call those “socks”
    focus.

I wear Birkenstocks in the house. I need the support and cushion as I have bonespurs, very high arches, plantar fasciitis, Achilles tendonitis, and back problems.

Indoor sandals and indoor shoes are different.

I’m not lacing up when I come home.

A scuff/slide or Birkenstock or just socks is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Indoor sandals and indoor shoes are different.

I’m not lacing up when I come home.

A scuff or Birkenstock or just socks is fine.
    it's all semantics. "Indoor shoes" simply means "something on my feet that I only wear in my house". My ex used to call them "house shoes" and I called them slippers, it didn't change what they are.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

We kick off the Birks once inside.
    Plus, if bare or socked feet detect floor debris, it's time to clean.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

it's all semantics. "Indoor shoes" simply means "something on my feet that I only wear in my house". My ex used to call them "house shoes" and I called them slippers, it didn't change what they are.
    Exactly. My Birkenstocks are my indoor, or house, shoes.

And, for Mr hair-splitter who I have on ignore so I only see his posts if you quote them, I don't even lace my outdoor shoes. My NB 608v5 are laced loosely enough so that I can slide them on.

My extremely wide hobbit/Flintstone feet create enough of a pressure fit that I only need tighten them for a very few activities. And, without an instep buckle, my very narrow heels are going to wander around wether I lace them or not. My feet are outliers and nobody makes footwear that truly fits me correctly. The Birkenstocks work pretty well. New Balance has gone downhill and not only don't reliably sell the 60x series outside of box stores, they made it's toebox more pointy so I can't buy a performance fit, I have to go long. The 623 has way too narrow and pointy of a toe. Nike, who never used to make a shoe that fit me comfortably has actually surpassed NB and their latest 4E width cross-trainer fits pretty well and much better than the NB 623, but still not perfect. I need a 4E fit all the way out to the end of my toes for a square toebox.

9 replies and no god damned door mat recs. It's my fault tho. Should have given more information.

It's for our cabin. We don't wear shoes in our actual house cuz we're not freaking savages, after all. Door mat will go outside the door so we can do gross debridement (dentist speak) before stepping onto the softer friendlier indoor door mat to grab stuff without having to remove our boots every time someone needs a tool or a helmet or a beer.

Now, how about some door mat recs?
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    We kick off the Birks once inside.
    Plus, if bare or socked feet detect floor debris, it's time to clean.
    Painful for me to walk without support and cushion under my feet.

9 replies and no god damned door mat recs. It's my fault tho. Should have given more information.

It's for our cabin. We don't wear shoes in our actual house cuz we're not freaking savages, after all. Door mat will go outside the door so we can do gross debridement (dentist speak) before stepping onto the softer friendlier indoor door mat to grab stuff without having to remove our boots every time someone needs a tool or a helmet or a beer.

TRG tradition.

Painful for me to walk without support and cushion under my feet.
    Somehow I’ve gotten here too.
    I wear Birks and Hokas now exclusively.

And I have indoor and outdoor versions of both. Bare feet are really freakin painful as of the last 2 years. Heels especially.

The mat question is too complicated.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	il_fullxfull.3507888503_afrk.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	2.76 MB 
ID:	420070

Random Unthreadworthy Questions

Back door that gets the heavy muck or snow in the winter is one of those traditional recycled tire tread mat. Indestructible, let’s moisture pass easily, shake out or hose out the muck and snow with abandon. Sucks for the fine stuff.
    Front door has one of those natural fibre mats, fine textured so it brushes off the fine detritus. Holds water and harder to clean so it says under the eve cover.
    Both are durable and have lasted years. Depends on what you need and where it lays, IMO.

HTH

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	il_fullxfull.3507888503_afrk.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	2.76 MB 
ID:	420070
    Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

However, what cruiser is describing a need for is not a doormat. He needs a metal grate with a clean-out box under it. Tromp and scrape on the grate, wipe on the mat.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Somehow I’ve gotten here too.
    I wear Birks and Hokas now exclusively.

And I have indoor and outdoor versions of both. Bare feet are really freakin painful as of the last 2 years. Heels especially.

The mat question is too complicated.
    Definitely.

Maybe two mats, one outside and one inside? No specific suggestions though.

Exactly. I've already got a fine decorative indoor mat with a cute saying on it. Now I need the companion outdoor mat that will do the heavy lifting. It'll live all year on the deck right outside the door so it'll be exposed to the elements.