Page 108 of 224 FirstFirst ... 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... LastLast
Results 2,676 to 2,700 of 5590
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    Who would've thought there'd be such a thing as a broccoli system?
    That's how the Bond movies get made, right?

When using a bidet, do you still wash your hands after?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    When using a bidet, do you still wash your hands after?

Does yours have no touch drying?

Booty Blaster

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    Who would've thought there'd be such a thing as a broccoli system?
    Man if you ate as much broccoli as us you would definitely have a system of some sort. This just happens to be a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    My broccoli system is to cut some of the stem off to expose a fresh part, rinse them well with water, put them back in the bag wet and tie the bag. Revives even pretty dried-out broc and keeps it good for a long time.

If you were wondering.
    hell, I always just used that as an excuse to throw it out. Sorry hon, it was all wilted and limp. No saving it from this point...

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Just one business that employs multiple people that I know of

Edit: technically Vancouver. Vancouver, WA.

https://tentpoletechnologies.com/
    “Is your pole at half mast?
    Do you have a kink in your shaft?
    Call Tent Pole Technologies!
    We’ll get you straight in no time.”

Regarding the freshness of veggies, especially at altitude, a 2-compressor fridge with one compressor devoted to each of the compartments, made a huDge difference, particularly with lettuce.

Broccoli suffers if not bagged, but I hadn't tried cutting off the dried stalk butt, will throw that technique into the arsenal. We care about our friends in the vegetable kingdom.

(the rocking geetar stuff starts here: https://youtu.be/nkMvvy8Uc5E?t=199)
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

What lake or reservoir does this sticker represent? Scratching my head on this one.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6261.JPG 
Views:	74 
Size:	392.7 KB 
ID:	416720

What tags are on the car?

Quote Originally Posted by S_jenks View Post
    What lake or reservoir does this sticker represent? Scratching my head on this one.

it’s arterial plaque buildup in a 350lb female wrestler

Quote Originally Posted by S_jenks View Post

My first thought was Lake Powell, or Lake Mead, but it's neither of those. It's not Havasu either.

Edit:

Looks like Coeur d'Alene

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-05-17 at 6.38.40 PM.png 
Views:	69 
Size:	766.0 KB 
ID:	416722

My first thought was Lake Powell, or Lake Mead, but it's neither of those. It's not Havasu either.

Edit:

Looks like Coeur d'Alene

Good call -

I ruled-out Pend O'Reille, Powell, and Mead -

Cd'A is a good call !

skiJ

Edit:

Looks like Coeur d'Alene

Dig. Thanks.

Ice- it was a MT plate, so no help there. Wasn't any other decals on it to tip off the location.

Though I give zero shits about the lake, that there is an impressive anecdote from the paddedroomWiki

Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Why would you get a Points credit card instead of a cash back credit card?
    Let’s start from the assumption that I’m not trying to score a zillion airline miles.

Let’s start from the assumption that I’m not trying to score a zillion airline miles.

If the points are more valuable.

IMHO these days, it'd be mostly for when there's a large sign up bonus AND those SUB points are valuable. For example, Mrs C signed up last year for an Amex platinum card with a 150,000 Membership Rewards points SUB. Card has a $700 fee, all of which was offset by other offers (airline $400, shopping $100, TSA Precheck $85, hotels $200, etc, etc). The 150K points will be transferred out to an airline and will cover at least her ticket for a trip to New Zealand next year, in business class. (I have a bunch of points in the Amex system too, so I can cover my own ticket if her points aren't enough.). That ticket is a $2000+ fare.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    If the points are more valuable.

IMHO these days, it'd be mostly for when there's a large sign up bonus AND those SUB points are valuable. For example, Mrs C signed up last year for an Amex platinum card with a 150,000 Membership Rewards points SUB. Card has a $700 fee, all of which was offset by other offers (airline $400, shopping $100, TSA Precheck $85, hotels $200, etc, etc). The 150K points will be transferred out to an airline and will cover at least her ticket for a trip to New Zealand next year, in business class. (I have a bunch of points in the Amex system too, so I can cover my own ticket if her points aren't enough.). That ticket is a $2000+ fare.
    Chup knows what's up. Points have a dollar value, though unlike straight up cash that dollar value may vary depending on how and when you use the points. Still, points cards vs cash back cards is a false comparison, because they are all rewards cards that provide financial returns, and which one is best depends on which one offers the best financial returns.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

^^^ Though if you just want to keep it simple and not mess with multiple cards, tracking points, searching for flight deals, etc. -- a simple 2% cash back card is easy. Citi has one (Double Cash), and I think Wells Fargo recently brought out a similar one. Don't go with anything lesser than 2% cash back.

It's kind of a hobby, and I find it entertaining to make banks pay for all my travel expenses. I haven't paid for a domestic flight in decades, other than the TSA fees ($5.60 each way).
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

I get it. If I traveled a lot, and I had a tangible grasp of what a point was worth, I might see the value in a better light. But my only personal experience is getting buckets of Southwest points and then feeling stuck with just one airline. Or decades of United points only to realize all they add up to is gift cards and magazine subscriptions (remember those?)

I get it. If I traveled a lot, and I had a tangible grasp of what a point was worth, I might see the value in a better light. But my only personal experience is getting buckets of Southwest points and then feeling stuck with just one airline. Or decades of United points only to realize all they add up to is gift cards and magazine subscriptions (remember those?)
    Agree that figuring out the value of points and maximizing that value is a lot more math than a simple 2% back. And at the moment, all of my cards are simple cash back cards (except the Double Cash card just switched to a points system). Nothing wrong with keeping it simple.

But what you describe are dedicated airline cards, while there are many cards with points that are not tied to a particular airline (the example Chup posted is an Amex card). Plus, you can generally use points for other things too, like gift cards to places that you already spend money at.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Southwest + companion pass = best deal in travel anywhere.

United points, FWIW, can be used for booking on partner airlines (Star Alliance).

If you don't want to travel, then there's no reason to collect airline or hotel points. Just get a 2% cash back card.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Southwest + companion pass = best deal in travel anywhere.

United points, FWIW, can be used for booking on partner airlines (Star Alliance).

If you don't want to travel, then there's no reason to collect airline or hotel points. Just get a 2% cash back card.
    Haha, I did the Companion Pass about 4 years ago. Got maybe a couple free flights out of it.
    Then I started getting cards for mrs jm2e to switch the companion pass to her. Then COVID hit. That was 2 years ago.

Sign up bonuses can be good- I got free hotels in Maldives and Park Hyatt Tokyo on Hyatt, etc. but unless you have travel goals cash point seem better. To maximize airline rewards you'll want to fly international business/first and that takes a lot of points and a lot of patience or flexibility.