Page 25 of 226 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
    Anyone here blow an ear drum? Suffered a slight tear and significant bruising to my ear drum when I was surfing. It really hurt and I am lucky I didn't drown because I had no sense of direction after it happened. Dr said it will eventually heal. Already went to the ENT and he used his big special scope to check it out and told me come back in a few weeks.

Just want to know if anyone else experienced it. I've heard stories from it healed itself and no long term issues to still suffering from hearing loss and raging tinnitus years later. Its been about two weeks and still no hearing in my ear. Just ringing. The last 10 days were painful but the swelling seems to be going down. Anyone else?

Coworker had welding slag go into his eardrum.
    They hoped it would heal, but after a year he got surgery. Fugghh.

Short term for you? Keep it clean. Shit oozes out and bugs can get in. Don’t get lazy. Maybe some cotton during the day. Doctor approved rinses at night.
    . . .

My blender has died, and it seems like the brushes may be the culprit. The model is discontinued and I can't find parts online. I've never replaced brushes before; can I use a generic part, or do I really need something specifically made for this blender?

Vitamix?
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    Vitamix?
    No, just a boring old Cuisinart - this one: https://www.cuisinart.com/shopping/d...ders/spb-10ch/

I would have been a lot pissier if I shelled out for a Vitamix and it shit the bed...but then, they may have better warranties

I feel like it’d be great to bring a pint of rock hard Ben & Jerry’s into Crate & Barrel and test drive all their spoons. Ultimately, you just want some solid shit.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

If you could find a bush that will fit the spot where the brush goes it will work. I did it to a 40 y o furnace fan motor. So take it apart and post pics.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    If you could find a bush that will fit the spot where the brush goes it will work. I did it to a 40 y o furnace fan motor. So take it apart and post pics.
    Thanks! No idea what I'm doing, but if I break it irretrievably, I'll just be in the place I am now - needing to buy a new blender. Might be a little bit before I can tinker with it though. I'll post pics when I get to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Stimulus checks: did anyone get a paper check this last round of stimulus? If so, when did you receive it? Do you know when the IRS site claims to have mailed it?

The IRS site says that "We scheduled your payment to be mailed on March 26, 2021" but I still ain't received shit.

No idea why I am getting a paper check when the last 2 stimuli were direct deposited, but whatever, a check is fine. If I actually get the damn thing.
    Finally got stimulated!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I got that same letter in the mail last week. Yet, we had received our earlier direct deposit from the ARP a few weeks ago. Not sure why this letter now says we're getting another stimulus, albeit for a lesser amount than the ARP direct deposit we just recieved..... A quick google search didn't turn up much either.

What is with Boris Johnson's hair?
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Right?

Coif'efe

It's a calculated ruse. I think he's even admitted as much.

What do I do with the hundreds of CDs I will never use again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HD333 View Post
    What do I do with the hundreds of CDs I will never use again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There are still some used record stores that will buy them, but not for much and in all likelihood they won't take all of them. You can try to sell the lot on Craigslist (still not much money) or donate them, many places still won't take them but there's one thrift store here that would.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

There are still some used record stores that will buy them, but not for much and in all likelihood they won't take all of them. You can try to sell the lot on Craigslist (still not much money) or donate them, many places still won't take them but there's one thrift store here that would.
    I would hang onto them. When the Internet goes out that DVD player is a lifesaver.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Prince Philip has died.

Harry and Megan at the royal funeral. How awkward is that going to be?

It's on the news this morning and the first thought I had. The media is going to go nutty on this one
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    I would hang onto them. When the Internet goes out that DVD player is a lifesaver.
    I ripped all of mine and have them in mp3 files, I don't need internet or physical CDs to play music.

I ripped all of mine and have them in mp3 files, I don't need internet or physical CDs to play music.
    Curious, where do you store them so that you never lose them? I assume in multiple places.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    Curious, where do you store them so that you never lose them? I assume in multiple places.
    On my phone (this is where I use them), on a laptop (since I used the laptop to rip them), and on an external hard drive backup.

Which thread is for asking about buying a boring suv that I don't need a carfax for, isn't a wagon, and is less than 10+ years old?

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Which thread is for asking about buying a boring suv that I don't need a carfax for, isn't a wagon, and is less than 10+ years old?
    shit that annoys you thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Yeah, I'm about to get into that market, too. There was one about RAV4s awhile back that has some good info. Can't find it now.