Page 19 of 226 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
    What websites have a good selection of cabinet hinges for someone who doesn't know hinge terminology? I want to replace the hardware in the kitchen, it is worn out.

rockler is pretty good at illustrations for swing and offset

I’ll check that out. Would love to upgrade all of ours to soft close.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by spanghew View Post
    rockler is pretty good at illustrations for swing and offset
    Rockler is great for shopping but if you're buying a whole kitchen worth, you'll save by using cshardware.com. I've been ordering from them for years.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Are these announcers doing college hoops just watching the game at home on TV?

I had a question I was going to ask in this thread, what the hell was it?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I had a question I was going to ask in this thread, what the hell was it?
    “How often do you manscape?” ?

What's the appropriate reaction if your buddy borrows your beard trimmer and when he returns it, his beard is untouched?

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    What's the appropriate reaction if your buddy borrows your beard trimmer and when he returns it, his beard is untouched?
    "Keep it"

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Are these announcers doing college hoops just watching the game at home on TV?
    Some are. Or at a remote studio. I worked a game Saturday at Colgate and I think the announcers were in Connecticut

How many Cherokees drive a Jeep Cherokee?
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    My god it's just all so weird

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    I worked for a small startup company once, and the CEO (whose first name was Tim) insisted on introducing himself as "Chief Tim" to everyone. He drove a red Jeep Cherokee. I got a real kick out of that at the time, and now that I thought of it, I still do.

That being said, fuck that guy and the horse he rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    I worked for a small startup company once, and the CEO (whose first name was Tim) insisted on introducing himself as "Chief Tim" to everyone. He drove a red Jeep Cherokee. I got a real kick out of that at the time, and now that I thought of it, I still do.

That being said, fuck that guy and the horse he rode in on.
    Um, I thought he rode in on a jeep?

A cherokee, no less
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Why, on some buttoned shirts, is the bottom front buttonhole put in sideways? ie. 90 degree alignment to the rest of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Why, on some buttoned shirts, is the bottom front buttonhole put in sideways? ie. 90 degree alignment to the rest of them.
    It lets the button move sideways inside the button hole so it’s less likely to come undone than a vertical hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    It lets the button move sideways inside the button hole so it’s less likely to come undone than a vertical hole.
    No shit? That hasn’t been a problem with any of my shirts. I could never have guessed that.

Yep. Can’t say I’ve ever noticed a difference, but that’s the reasoning

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    No shit? That hasn’t been a problem with any of my shirts. I could never have guessed that.

You clearly never had a high school chemistry teacher with a big gut and small waist. He blew that bottom button out almost every day, leaving the entire class with a perfect view of a triangle of hirsute, blubbery flesh. Doc Sayers, I hope you're well, and that you found some shirts with longer tails and different buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    You clearly never had a high school chemistry teacher with a big gut and small waist. He blew that bottom button out almost every day, leaving the entire class with a perfect view of a triangle of hirsute, blubbery flesh. Doc Sayers, I hope you're well, and that you found some shirts with longer tails and different buttons.
    ~vibes~

He was an amazing teacher and all around hilarious, staggeringly intelligent guy. Had him write a couple of letters of recommendation for me.

He was like a walking caricature of a career scientist: always disheveled, often a bit of a "tang" to the air around him, coke bottle glasses, wore velcro shoes and stretch waist pants before they were ubiquitous for men. Gave zero fucks about his appearance or what people thought it. I can't help but respect that, particularly when you were accomplished enough in your (pre-teaching) career to have earned the right to give zero fucks about what people think of how you look.

When you post something for sale, and someone replies that they will take it, what's the next step? If the person doesn't PM you to continue the transaction, but someone else does PM you asking for the item, are you supposed to PM the person who posted first?

EDIT: I realize I can do whatever the fuck I want, just curious, and this thread is the right place for the question.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Cash talks.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

of course, and I expect either person would pay.

Person A posts in thread: "I'll take it!" Does nothing further, perhaps waiting for a response from me?
    Person B doesn't post, but sends a PM saying "I think someone else may have gotten it, but if not I'll take it!"

What is your move?