Page 10 of 226 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    What’s the deal with junk mail?

I get piles of it daily and goes straight to the trash.

Why aren’t environmentalists all over this?

Remember when straws where a “thing” for a while? That was cute.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    My local very small PO went so far as pull all the trash and recycling bins from the office.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    What’s the deal with junk mail?
    I don't remember that Seinfeld bit.

Hah. I also read that line in Seinfeld's voice.

Now that's an answer.

Why wont America go metric?

Because Freedom, duh.

Why does it burn when I pee?

Cuz you have teh clap. Merry Christmas.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    My local very small PO went so far as pull all the trash and recycling bins from the office.
    Did people just start throwing their trash on the floor?

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Hah. I also read that line in Seinfeld's voice.
    Perfect. Ha

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Guys, help me out here with your 2 cents. About 2 years ago my mom was over for the holidays, I was outside and she was nanner nanering my daughter who blew up and told her to keep her fucking opinions to herself.

Since then my daughter has apologized a dozen times and my mom continues not to accept her apology as "You don't yell at grandma". Previously, my daughter would be sure not to be here when my mom was (which is udder BS).

Thankfully Covid has kept my mom out of the picture this year so I can hang with my kids. On Christmas day I told my mom she needed to let it go or she was not welcome in my home anymore. She said she will never forgive my daughter yelling at her, so I said, "that is your final decision"? She said yup, so I said adios until you grow up.

Am I fucking up? She is the most adult of us all, so after numerous apologies, I think she should be able to let this go and I will not allow her to bully my family, as that is kind of her M.O.
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.

I always try to let it go...even a bs apology with a straight face cleans it up in seconds, becomes their problem if they're still miffed...not yours... my parents don't apologize for shit. Never in the wrong.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Guys, help me out here with your 2 cents. About 2 years ago my mom was over for the holidays, I was outside and she was nanner nanering my daughter who blew up and told her to keep her fucking opinions to herself.

Since then my daughter has apologized a dozen times and my mom continues not to accept her apology as "You don't yell at grandma". Previously, my daughter would be sure not to be here when my mom was (which is udder BS).

Thankfully Covid has kept my mom out of the picture this year so I can hang with my kids. On Christmas day I told my mom she needed to let it go or she was not welcome in my home anymore. She said she will never forgive my daughter yelling at her, so I said, "that is your final decision"? She said yup, so I said adios until you grow up.

Am I fucking up? She is the most adult of us all, so after numerous apologies, I think she should be able to let this go and I will not allow her to bully my family, as that is kind of her M.O.
    How old was the kid?

Was your Mom being that out of line with the naner nanering?

Did you blow up at the kid when it happened?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Bye Mom.

There is very little I could never let go. And somebody yelling at me once and apologizing for it many times over sure isn't one of them.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

She doesn't have to forgive your daughter but she has to be open to the possibility of changing her mind as circumstances evolve. If she's determined to never forgive, that's fine but she can do it on her time.

different scenario, but perhaps something pertains. my father, who i didn't grow up with and hadn't seen in many years, popped off at me once in my teens and in front of a friend. it sucked. i drove away a few minutes later and never looked back. only saw him once more and for 2-3 minutes. and then, 15 years later, he was dead. i regret not getting back to him, back with him to get to know him better in his later years. when it's over it's over. different scenario but the clock is ticking and we only have one mother or father.

so maybe she never comes to your house again (or until she changes her attitude). but, when you say "adios"... that's what made me think of this story. does that mean you'll never see her again?

Guys, help me out here with your 2 cents.
    A good banishing can really fill up the drama tank. Has mom ever been banned from TGR? Sounds like she may enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    How old was the kid?

Was your Mom being that out of line with the naner nanering?

Did you blow up at the kid when it happened?
    As I should of said, I was not in the house to see what happened and no I didn't give my 30 year old daughter shit for telling Grandma to mind her fucking business and to back off. If you tell an adult what to do, they may tell you to fuck off.

Quote Originally Posted by ntblanks View Post
    so maybe she never comes to your house again (or until she changes her attitude). but, when you say "adios"... that's what made me think of this story. does that mean you'll never see her again?
    Thanks for making me think about that. I could easily write my mom off, as she can say very hurtful stuff. I will think about what you said.

there were a bunch of old grudges that my mom could have easily resolve before she died, dad too for that matter.... they chose not to.

She won't apologize and she says hurtful stuff, unless you mean in age she certainly is not the most adult of all of you. She seems like the kind of friend you would cut out of your life. Let her know she needs to treat adults like adults or you will start treating her like any other adult and you don't need that kind of adult in your house.

My Grandfather didn't talk to his brother-in-law (sister's husband) for 50 years after he crossed a picket line to go to work. He did go to his wake, though. At the wake, my grandfather said, "I guess he was an okay guy, for a scab." That was a pretty good grudge.

I stopped talking to my Dad for 13 years, it was good for my mental health. You are absolutely in the right, as I'm sure this was the result of years of bullshit and not a one-time event. She needs to be taken down a notch or five so she can decide what's more important to her, being right or being part of a loving family.

I eventually forgave my dad, but I had time on my side, I'm guessing you don't though. he eventually mellowed out and I'm guessing your mom is way too old to change, time will tell though.

If she doesn't come to her senses right away, it confirms you made the right choice, and yeah it's hard for sure. Boundaries are good though.

Your 30 yo daughter and your mother as "mature" adults have made their decisions. You only get to have 1 mother so if you have any relationship worth continuing I wouldn't make the situation more difficult to resolve by banishing her from your life. If they can't be sociable w each other then they can't both be together which obviously makes holidays very difficult. Perhaps speaking w your mother about the tendency to bully will make her aware of this fault and perhaps lead her to change.

My ex-wife said something stupid of which i am fairly certain and my 6yr old grand daughter whom is extremely smart said " stupid grandma " i would have paid money to see that

being married to a stupid woman was rather tedious

but negotiating divorce was a lot easier

the fucking cat knocked over the wine bottle, shoudl i sell him to the chinese restaurant ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Never bring a knife to gun fight

https://www.rona.ca/en/multi-use-pro...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

comes with a spark lighter, so just hit the button, this bad boy will warm the air in your stove pipe and have the fire lit in < a minute

also good for doing creme brule/ thawing pipes/ soldering pipes or whatever
    Great for lighting Birthday candles too!!!