Page 156 of 226 FirstFirst ... 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 ... LastLast
Results 3,876 to 3,900 of 5635
    AT least the Utahns don't name their kids Dweezil and Moon Unit

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    AT least the Utahns don't name their kids Dweezil and Moon Unit
    Perfectly good names.

Do other people grill when it's zero degrees outside? Tell me I'm not alone.

It just takes longer for the grill to heat up, so a little more planning, but yes.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Do other people grill when it's zero degrees outside? Tell me I'm not alone.
    Does a bear shit in the woods??? Duh.

Quote Originally Posted by wannabe View Post
    It just takes longer for the grill to heat up, so a little more planning, but yes.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    This. Plus it doesn't get as hot. I will say though that I don't do a lot of indirect grilling in the winter. I have a three burner. So it has to fit in between as doing it on the end is dicey when it's too cold. I wish I had a four burner so I could fit a pork butt on the middle two.

The old charcoal Weber just needs a bit more fuel to get as hot for as long. But ya, as long as it isn’t below about -15C, the Q gets used every month of the year.

Explanation for these photos I just took?

-6 outside, so I held the Samsung phone flat to the window. Looks like it somehow picked up the moon, which is not seen with the naked eye. My first thought was a bubble in the glass, but I moved to 2 other windows with the same result. I could change the size of the "moon" by slightly pulling the phone away from the glass.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

I don’t think that’s the moon. With a wide lens like that, the moon is extremely small in a photo, and I doubt it would be pink. More likely you are picking up a bit of flare from the windows and the coatings they put on the glass.

Have you reported to SETI. Or Space Force?

Are physical therapists all about padding the # of visits that you need? I'm at a new practice for the first time for some chronic elbow pain. The first visit I got some diagnostics, scraping, and ultrasound therapy. The second visit I got ultrasound therapy, some massage, and kinesio tape. Is this just padding the visit count so they can get reimbursed for more visits from insurance? When do we get into stretches and exercise?

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    Are physical therapists all about padding the # of visits that you need? I'm at a new practice for the first time for some chronic elbow pain. The first visit I got some diagnostics, scraping, and ultrasound therapy. The second visit I got ultrasound therapy, some massage, and kinesio tape. Is this just padding the visit count so they can get reimbursed for more visits from insurance? When do we get into stretches and exercise?
    Did you ask the therapist if he or she could recommend some stretches and exercises?

I think some are used to clients who want to get healed, rather than those who are looking for help healing.

But my personal experience with both PT and chiropractor visits has been that they wanted to get me healthy again and didn't feel any need to keep me coming back. I assumed they realized that I was more likely to create more work for them once I was back to full activity.

Sent using TGR Forums mobile app

Hey Riser, were you at a middle school basketball game yesterday? https://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id...ool-hoops-game
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

^^ Wow, crazy. Wonder if it was a cardiac event or something more directly related to the fight. Shockingly little detail provided in the story

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Hey Riser, were you at a middle school basketball game yesterday? https://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id...ool-hoops-game
    I just saw that and I am sick to my stomach. Obviously I am local to that story. My kid is in 12th.

At Alburgh? Did you know the guy? Pretty sure my daughter's fiancé's mother is from that town, but I don't know her maiden name.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    At Alburgh? Did you know the guy? Pretty sure my daughter's fiancé's mother is from that town, but I don't know her maiden name.
    No, St Albans city. Article didn't specify if it was St A town school or city school. Don't know the guy. I try not to go to Alburgh if I can help it. Your daughter should thoroughly examine the guy's roots. My kid played against Alburgh in that gym.

Quote Originally Posted by anotherVTskibum View Post
    Did you ask the therapist if he or she could recommend some stretches and exercises?

I think some are used to clients who want to get healed, rather than those who are looking for help healing.

But my personal experience with both PT and chiropractor visits has been that they wanted to get me healthy again and didn't feel any need to keep me coming back. I assumed they realized that I was more likely to create more work for them once I was back to full activity.

Sent using TGR Forums mobile app
    Use my words to ask for what I want, instead of passive aggressively snarking about it on an Internet forum? Novel concept, I should try it!

My last PT was pretty proactive on prescribing exercises, so yeah, I'll see if I can get these guys to give me some stuff to do at home.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    That hasn’t been my experience, especially more recently where the seem more apt to extend the time between appointments. Maybe they’re trying to get you to a point of comfort or balance before starting the exercises?
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Last physical therapist I went to seemed like he'd rather be a personal trainer. I went in for chronic IT band issues. He ran me through a couple stationary bike and squat routines that seemed to really showcase how out of shape I've become that had nothing to do with my IT band. Then gave me a bunch of routines that I did religiously for a couple weeks until I ended up with patellar tendonitis which put me on the couch for a couple months. I think PTs are great for teaching old people how to walk again after their stroke, but limited utility past that. I guess I should be posing in the /rant thread....
    However many are in a shit ton.

In my experience getting a PT who works with athletes and isn’t just working with old people is key.

My best PT was at the U of U where they worked with the US Ski Team, the Jazz and Utes players. They were awesome and knew how to get people back quickly

PT is like any other profession where there are good and bad and areas of specialty. Interviews and expectation setting are key.

PTs vary widely. PTs working in big clinics are working for a business and have to put the businesses' needs (billable hours) higher than does someone working on their own or in a small practice. Also, techniques, ideas and skill levels all vary widely. I currently see two different PTs who do different things on as-needed basis, it's working out well.

Why am I getting this ad?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1675311148.906123.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	465.2 KB 
ID:	445585

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Is anyone else unable to access instagram.com through a browser.
    I don't care about the app.

I'm getting a DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN.

I think it's my isp's fault or further up the pipe since it happens on both my laptop and phone
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Works fine for me