Page 54 of 226 FirstFirst ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 5634
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    We were at CDG when there was a huge explosion. The passengers hit the floor. The desk reps kept typing. We figured they'd blown up someone's unattended luggage on the tarmac. Would have been nice if they'd announced it ahead of time.
    Back on a HS trip, we snuck out from the cdg hotel to go to a terminal bar on our last night. Of course we missed the last hotel shuttle, so rather than follow the rather long route all the way around the runways, we decided to take the short route direct to the hotel - across the runway. It was prob 3 am so not much activity, but even then we barely made it past the last security fence before the waawaawaawaa came hauling ass toward us. The gendarmes were not amused.

I got scratched by a raccoon tonight. Am I going to die?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    There are a lot of diseases that do a lot of bad things but rabies has gotta be near the top of the list for me. Obviously you just get the shot and yer fine but if you dont...you can get exposed, be fine for a year, suddenly become deathly afraid of liquid, go batshit insane, and die a horrible death, all without any idea what is happening to you.
    swing your fucking sword.

According to WebMD, yeah...

Change ur screen name to old yeller now

Hey something like 10 people have survived rabies, you might be ok.

But the videos of people deathly afraid of water are terrifying and not at all pleasant to think about. I'd go get a shot.

Rabies is a vaccine-preventable, zoonotic, viral disease. Once clinical symptoms appear, rabies is virtually 100% fatal. In up to 99% of cases, domestic dogs are responsible for rabies virus transmission to humans. Yet, rabies can affect both domestic and wild animals. It is spread to people and animals through bites or scratches, usually via saliva.

You want Furious, go to a mall or airport when the draft paranoia hits and get some video that Ozzyman can edit.

The incubation period for rabies is typically 2–3 months but may vary from 1 week to 1 year, dependent upon factors such as the location of virus entry and viral load. Initial symptoms of rabies include a fever with pain and unusual or unexplained tingling, pricking, or burning sensation (paraesthesia) at the wound site. As the virus spreads to the central nervous system, progressive and fatal inflammation of the brain and spinal cord develops.

There are two forms of the disease:

Furious rabies results in signs of hyperactivity, excitable behaviour, hydrophobia (fear of water) and sometimes aerophobia (fear of drafts or of fresh air). Death occurs after a few days due to cardio-respiratory arrest.
    Paralytic rabies accounts for about 20% of the total number of human cases. This form of rabies runs a less dramatic and usually longer course than the furious form. Muscles gradually become paralysed, starting at the site of the bite or scratch. A coma slowly develops, and eventually death occurs. The paralytic form of rabies is often misdiagnosed, contributing to the under-reporting of the disease.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

I'd take Ivermectin if I were you.

Mad dog!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

By the way, how did you manage to get scratched by a raccoon? You try to pet it like a cat?
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

I'd think we're looking here at tetanus vs rabies. Doesn't rabies get transmitted by saliva? Did the racoon lick you after he scratched you?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    By the way, how did you manage to get scratched by a raccoon? You try to pet it like a cat?
    While we are all wondering the same thing, Danno, go get shots!

A buddy was bitten by a stray dog while jogging in Mexico a couple years ago. It was a pretty good bite and he went to the hospital for treatment. The hospital cleaned him up nice but when he got back to the states he talked to his doc and was told in no uncertain terms to get the rabies shots. They were excruciating. At one point he told the nurse he was light headed but that is he passed out to please finish giving him the shots before they tried to revive him.

He did not get the rabies tho...
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Was it cute? Wait, no, dumb question, of course it was cute, it's a trash panda. In that case, I'm sure the scratch is all rainbows and unicorns.

https://youtu.be/Ofp26_oc4CA

Anybody heard from Danno since last night's post?
    We've had our disagreements, but I hope he's ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    We have a family that lives around here, we often see them on our blink camera at night. I was carrying stuff out to my car (moving sucks) and saw one on the street. He was looking at me, back arched, but he was far enough away that I didn't freak, and I wasn't thinking "where's the rest of the family". One must have been under my car. As I was loading stuff into the front seat, eye on the raccoon in the street, I felt a scratch. I jumped and screamed, but it was a manly scream.

It's not a deep scratch, very minor, but it's a raccoon scratch, so...
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

And I go see a doc tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I'd take Ivermectin if I were you.
    Or shine a light up your ass

I’ve heard that cures everything
    . . .

Good.

We have a family that lives around here, we often see them on our blink camera at night. I was carrying stuff out to my car (moving sucks) and saw one on the street. He was looking at me, back arched, but he was far enough away that I didn't freak, and I wasn't thinking "where's the rest of the family". One must have been under my car. As I was loading stuff into the front seat, eye on the raccoon in the street, I felt a scratch. I jumped and screamed, but it was a manly scream.

That sucks.

Glad you're still with us Danno.

How’s this make you feel?

Name:  Image1630608147.015722.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  36.5 KB

Thirsty. And I have to pee.

Reminds me of one of the Young Brownski classics. It was probably around 1982 or so in Roseboom, NY - and yes Roseboom is upstate as fuck, maybe peak upstate - at a place called Belvedere Lake where my family used to rent a cabin for a week or two every summer. It was probably the summer between fifth and sixth grade. The cabins were all built on the side of a big wooded hill above the lake and they had decks that extended out on the downhill side. There were all kinds of critters around of course so the garbage cans were hung from the bottoms of the decks with bungees holding the tops down. One night the whole family got back to the cabin in the dark. I don’t remember if we had been at church or dinner or what but I remember it was everybody - myself, my parents, my brother and my seven sisters. So we all walk down the path from the road and we can see that one of the cans’ lid is off and there is some crap on the ground. So my dad is like “Something got into the trash. Go clean it up Brownski” I got all the dirty jobs back then for some reason, even though I was one of the younger kids. So I go down the hill, pick up a few bits of garbage, toss ‘em over the lip of the can, which is above my head. So far so go. Nothing exciting. But when I pick up the lid and reach up to put it back on the can, the raccoon that was still hiding in the garbage, being all still and quiet, hits the panic button. All I know is that something pushes back on the trash can lid and there’s this explosion of gray and brown fur out of the can. The raccoon lands right smack dab on top of my head and springboards away into the dark, shrieking like a cat as it goes. I was so surprised I fell back onto my ass, swinging my arms over my head in a panic but the fat little bugger was gone. It was over so fast I didn’t know whether to shit or go blind.

Not sure this falls into the Garden thread or the Home Remodel thread, so thought I'd toss it here..

I've been working on improving my grass backyard the last few years and have seen some good progress. It gets heavy kid and dog traffic.

I have been overseeding it for the last few springs with good results and am thinking of hitting it again this fall.

The question is when?

To differentiate, wondering if I do it now-ish as Temps are just starting to cool, leaves are all still green and I'll mow a half dozen more times or wait 6ish weeks until I'm done mowing, Temps are cooler and leaves changed.

We clear a LOT of leaves, so if the answer is wait do I do it before they fall or after they're all gone? Leaf blowing season lasts about a month, so would be challenging to do in-between and the danger of waiting is we never know when the first frost/snow event will hit.