Page 157 of 226 FirstFirst ... 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,925 of 5637
    Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Works fine for me
    If you ping instagram.com (in a command window) what is the ipaddress that responds?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Resolves fine for me:
    $ dig instagram.com

; <<>> DiG 9.10.6 <<>> instagram.com
    ;; global options: +cmd
    ;; Got answer:
    ;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 49366
    ;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 1

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
    ; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 512
    ;; QUESTION SECTION:
    ;instagram.com. IN A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
    instagram.com. 297 IN A 157.240.22.174
    $ ping instagram.com
    PING instagram.com (157.240.22.174): 56 data bytes
    64 bytes from 157.240.22.174: icmp_seq=0 ttl=54 time=20.324 ms
    64 bytes from 157.240.22.174: icmp_seq=1 ttl=54 time=27.435 ms
    I'm guessing your ISP is redirecting to a DNS server that is blackholing instagram. Can you select a different name service (e.g. Google DNS @ 8.8.8.8)?

Random Unthreadworthy Questions

Anybody have a One Wheel? I imagine they have a stigma in some places. There aren’t enough of them here for that to be a thing and I don’t think I’d care. Got a mile and a half between parking and the office and I want an alternative to the bike. In other words, I’ve always wanted one and now finally have a really questionable excuse to get one for my bday.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Want one but don’t have one yet. Used a few in the past and man are they a blast. I’d say you are going to definitely need one.

You have to park a mile and a half from your office?

He prefers the back of the parking lot in order to minimize door dings. Cost of doing business, ya know?
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Right?

One wheel is fun. But Spendy.
    An e scooter would be cheaper.
    Driving to park to ride a bike sounds like a pita.

I’m having an appraiser come to the house tomorrow to get the PMI dropped off our mortgage. Right now the house is “have dinner guests over” clean, should it be more like we are getting ready to sell it level of clean and decluttered?

I was never motivated to look up the price of a one wheel but I just did.

My eyebrows went way up. Way up.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    I’m having an appraiser come to the house tomorrow to get the PMI dropped off our mortgage. Right now the house is “have dinner guests over” clean, should it be more like we are getting ready to sell it level of clean and decluttered?
    I am not an appraiser or in the real estate business, but I don't think the level of cleanliness and staging is going to have much/any effect on the appraisal. I have had appraisals done where they don't even come inside. If your home is absolutely pimping, then you want them to see it. But clean or staged? No effect.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I am not an appraiser or in the real estate business, but I don't think the level of cleanliness and staging is going to have much/any effect on the appraisal. I have had appraisals done where they don't even come inside. If your home is absolutely pimping, then you want them to see it. But clean or staged? No effect.
    Yeah. That’s kinda what I was thinking, cleaned, but not staged. We’ve basically remodeled the whole house so I definitely want them to come in and see the upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    Anybody have a One Wheel? I imagine they have a stigma in some places. There aren’t enough of them here for that to be a thing and I don’t think I’d care. Got a mile and a half between parking and the office and I want an alternative to the bike. In other words, I’ve always wanted one and now finally have a really questionable excuse to get one for my bday.
    This is more your style, you could sell your MTB fleet and replace them with this

https://www.instagram.com/shibby_time/

The appraisal's mostly just math, as long as things are in generally good condition you're good. Leave the dishes in the sink or even let your wife load the dishwasher, you're fine.

even let your wife load the dishwasher
    Let's not go crazy here....

Quote Originally Posted by teledad View Post
    Resolves fine for me:

I'm guessing your ISP is redirecting to a DNS server that is blackholing instagram. Can you select a different name service (e.g. Google DNS @ 8.8.8.8)?
    8.8.8.8 an 8.8.4.4 didn't work either.

Then after a few rounds of email to vero, it started connecting.

Thanks, gents.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

I was trying to sell it so you all would convince me. It’s just under a mile.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    He prefers the back of the parking lot in order to minimize door dings. Cost of doing business, ya know?
    It’s a crowded parking garage so no parking in the back to avoid door dings option.

muted, that probably makes more sense but it’s too late, I need a One Wheel.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

I always see the one wheel guys in like full moto protective gear which always seems weird. Maybe it’s necessary, but man it’s dorky

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post

muted, that probably makes more sense but it’s too late, I need a One Wheel.
    but think how cool you'd look to all the ladies rolling to work with an electric unicycle

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chile-03739_-_Electric_Unicycle_(49039489752)_(cropped).jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	615.9 KB 
ID:	446719

Parts and repair on the One Wheels are supposedly a PITA. Something like Apple where fixes are prohibitive relative to the cost of buying a new one. Looks like a lot of fun otherwise.

Is it poor form to leave your shopping cart someplace out of the way (like up against an endcap) at the grocery or costco or whatever while you grab things on the adjacent aisle?
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!

Is it poor form to leave your shopping cart someplace out of the way (like up against an endcap) at the grocery or costco or whatever while you grab things on the adjacent aisle?
    I do that all the time. It horrifies my fiancé. I don’t do it when I’m shopping with her for that reason, but not because I’m worried about others. I just don’t want her sweet self to get all a flutter over it.
    focus.

if that's poor form then I am one walking poor form when shopping.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Only if you think good form is putting the shopping cart on the right side of the aisle while you block the left side of the aisle to get the product you want, rendering the aisle impassable

^^^ I call that the instacart technique cuz that's how all the personal shoppers do it. Those folks could not give any less of a fuck about customers trying to shop the aisles.

Leaving the cart out of the way and roaming around the next aisle saves serious time when grocery shopping. It's proper form (unless you block the aisle as stated above, then get fucked).
    IMO the only thing that is poor form with a cart is leaving it to drift about the parking lot cause you're too much of a lazy shit to take it back to one of many collection spots. Fuck the people who do that with a barbed stick. May they get taken out by an errant cart while walking to their car, and if that fails may their car get dinged by and errant cart.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise