Page 110 of 226 FirstFirst ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 ... LastLast
Results 2,726 to 2,750 of 5634
    Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    always look for Bowser approved label on your drugs
    Note that dog biochemistry is different from ours. So if (for example) your 60 lb dog is prescribed one tab, that doesn't mean you should take 3. Yes, I found this out in the dumbest possible way.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    The gf's apt complex has a parking garage. There are reserved spots intermingled with non, designated by a reserved sign. She gets home after a long day of work and parks in a non designated spot. Turns out sign had fallen off of wall and was laying face down on the ground. No reason to not park in a non, they are just as close to door and on same level. Resident whose spot was blocked has her towed. Shouldn't management have to get involved before towing? Wouldn't they be liable for sign not mounted to wall?
    Sounds like a case for small claims court if the towing charges are high enough to justify a day off of work. If there aren't cameras in the garage, pasting something nasty on the wall of the spot might be satisfying.

I would add that parking there isn't exactly contentious. Nobody that wants a spot for the day or night gets shut out. Plethora of parking.
    $300. But who's liable.

Does she have any evidence?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

The gf's apt complex has a parking garage. There are reserved spots intermingled with non, designated by a reserved sign. She gets home after a long day of work and parks in a non designated spot. Turns out sign had fallen off of wall and was laying face down on the ground. No reason to not park in a non, they are just as close to door and on same level. Resident whose spot was blocked has her towed. Shouldn't management have to get involved before towing? Wouldn't they be liable for sign not mounted to wall?
    I got towed at my apartment complex once for parking slightly over my line into a “crosswalk.” Total bullshit but I ended up having to pay it. The towing company had a picture they used to justify it, so maybe ask to see those

Turns out Colorado is trying to pass laws to stop predatory towing. One of the stipulations would be photo evidence. I've got a pic of the sign laying face down on the concrete.

https://kdvr.com/news/local/predator...bill-colorado/

I would add that parking there isn't exactly contentious. Nobody that wants a spot for the day or night gets shut out. Plethora of parking.
    $300. But who's liable.
    In dental school they taught us the person who called the tow company is liable. Can't really expect a tow truck driver to sort out if the car is parked improperly, especially on private property, And towing a fellow resident's car from an apartment garage is a total dick move. A note on the windshield should suffice. I'd go for punitive damages. That's what they told us in dental school. I wonder if it was even legal to tow for being in a reserve spot--since your gf had a legal right to park in that garage. It's not like a business towing a car whose owner isn't using the business. I wonder if there's anything in the lease that says she could be towed for parking in the wrong spot. And if it's an apartment complex, not condos, does a renter have the right to have a car towed, since they don't own the garage, or is the reserved spot considered to be part of the apartment they're renting so parking there would be trespassing.

I've only called to have a car towed once, for being parked on our property and only after asking at every other house around. And I took pictures.

This lawyer stuff is harder than it looks. Off to bed.

I've written more HOA parking/booting/towing policies than I care to admit. I could go on about this situation, but the more you know.

You want doggie DNA policies? I've done those too. Take home: Don't live in a development or an HOA. And know where to park, be that street parking in a major city neighborhood, a private garage, or a HOA parking lot. There are people there to take your money for good reason. And pick up your fucking dog shit.

Across this line, you do not come.

Or you might get lucky with a boot, instead of a cone to your face, your entire car smashed, or hit the middle and be towed.

Awareness, acquire it.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

I’m trying to find a thread where I can put my latest “ Play stupid games when stupid prizes” story cause I know y’all will eat it up. Something about disabling safety features on new truck and crashing it two miles later something something. Newsflash- JMEd is a Fukien dumass

Quote Originally Posted by jmedslc View Post
    I’m trying to find a thread where I can put my latest “ Play stupid games when stupid prizes” story cause I know y’all will eat it up. Something about disabling safety features on new truck and crashing it two miles later something something. Newsflash- JMEd is a Fukien dumass
    Isn't there a meanwhile in Utah thread?

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    fucking love him
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

You'd break him in two during a romatic tryst Danno. He's a tiny man. I ran into him (literally) when he was recording Graceland at the Hit Factory in NYC. He was coming into the bathroom and I was coming out.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    You'd break him in two during a romatic tryst Danno. He's a tiny man. I ran into him (literally) when he was recording Graceland at the Hit Factory in NYC. He was coming into the bathroom and I was coming out.
    Is his wife a part of this hypothetical tryst?

I'm not into him in that way, but he can watch.

How would I go about running a background check on someone?

More detail: my folks are at the point where they need some in-home care - not 24/7, but someone who can come in several days a week to help out. We've identified a friend of a friend who is working on her CNA and has been working as an in-home health aide informally, and my dad suggested he'd like a background check. There's a million shady-looking services online; does anyone know a good way to go about this?

Quote Originally Posted by jmedslc View Post
    Yeah. I turned off traction control after I got my M5.
    Went sideways for a while on a city street and dry pavement.

I don’t do that anymore. Although it did bring back memories of old school rear wheel drive and bias ply tires.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    How would I go about running a background check on someone?

More detail: my folks are at the point where they need some in-home care - not 24/7, but someone who can come in several days a week to help out. We've identified a friend of a friend who is working on her CNA and has been working as an in-home health aide informally, and my dad suggested he'd like a background check. There's a million shady-looking services online; does anyone know a good way to go about this?
    . In Washington State I've ordered them through the Washington State Patrol. Looks like Oregon has the same: https://www.oregon.gov/osp/programs/cjis/pages/cch.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Here’s one; does anyone know how blood levels of THC compare to levels in urine? For example, the DOT testing cutoff is 50ng/ml, what would the corresponding level be in a blood test? Google did not provide.
    If an answer to this question exists you'll probably find it at http://cannapassdetox.com/

By far the most scientifically-rigorous source I've found on this general subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco View Post
    . In Washington State I've ordered them through the Washington State Patrol. Looks like Oregon has the same: https://www.oregon.gov/osp/programs/cjis/pages/cch.aspx
    Thank you! My folks are actually in Vancouver WA, as is their potential caregiver, so WSP is the place to go. I see their request form and I'll give it a shot.

Where's the line between skirt and kilt?

The dangling bits.

And WITAF is up with the all black tacticool kilt???

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    And WITAF is up with the all black tacticool kilt???
    That's the Clan McTrump tartan.

What do you call a tomato seafood dish made by a Russian President?

Putinesca
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Saw this on the freeway yesterday. Anyone know why Amtrak police would have Federal gov't plates? Pretty sure BNSF railway police have normal plates. Just curious.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	amtrak.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	676.1 KB 
ID:	418208

^^^
    The United States federal government through the Secretary of Transportation owns all the company's issued and outstanding preferred stock. Amtrak's headquarters is located one block west of Union Station in Washington, D.C.

When did the center turn lane morph into a pull out into and drive on and eventually merge lane? Of for that matter a passing lane.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"