Page 27 of 224 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast
    IIRC, the kitchen shears were able to cut the metal CC I had. But yeah, regular scissors wouldn't.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    You don't have tin snips hanging up by the maul?
    I did, something happened to them a couple years ago, I can't find them. I should give up on them showing up and just get a new pair.

I'll try the kitchen shears first though. Or the fire pit if that doesn't work and I don't go crazy and spend a few bucks on a new pair of snips..

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    I did, something happened to them a couple years ago, I can't find them. I should give up on them showing up and just get a new pair.

I'll try the kitchen shears first though. Or the fire pit if that doesn't work and I don't go crazy and spend a few bucks on a new pair of snips..
    Fail proof plan. Go buy a pair of snips. Throwaway receipt. Find lost snips within 24 hours. Now you will have two pairs not to find in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    I don't think there's a wrong answer, you'll figure out if it's worth the money to you, good luck with it.

So, question. I just got a replacement credit card in the mail. In the past I would take scissors and cut the old one up and pitch it. But the old card this time is metal, I can't just cut it up. What should I do with it, just pitch it?
    I saw on my bank website that you can send it back to them for its destruction. But an angle grinder would be more fun.

Has SNL turned the corner back to funny? So far tonight not terrible IMHO.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Ice: PM me for the most eco friendly disposable method.

Returned from a ski camping trip to find this nest off a back door of our house. Some healthy large beautiful blue jays is all I’ve seen so far. We’re avoiding using the door.
    How long should I expect to this process to play out? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7377.JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	201.5 KB 
ID:	371186

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    Returned from a ski camping trip to find this nest off a back door of our house. Some healthy large beautiful blue jays is all I’ve seen so far. We’re avoiding using the door.
    How long should I expect to this process to play out? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7377.JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	201.5 KB 
ID:	371186
    that is a big ass nest.
    swing your fucking sword.

Stellar's not Blue Jay IMO. Figure on a month or two. Critters living in or on the house is where I draw the line. Knock it down now to give them a chance to relo and put a rubber snake where the nest was.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Stellar's not Blue Jay IMO. Figure on a month or two. Critters living in or on the house is where I draw the line. Knock it down now to give them a chance to relo and put a rubber snake where the nest was.
    You’re correct after looking up the difference. Wondered about relocating... The concerned parent looked pretty special so I didn’t wanna fuck around

Nah - just leave it and use the area per usual. We've never had jays nest like that, but every year we get robins or sparrows that build on a light right next to the house like that.

We all manage to co-exist with very little drama until the chick's fledge.

If Jay's are like the robins who nest by our back door, they'll come back every spring to nest in the same spot. Post a TR.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Steller's Jays in the PNW are particularly noisy birds. Going anywhere near that nest is going to elicit lots of squawking and maybe even a little swooping. That said, I'd be inclined to leave it at this point.

If you feed Hummingbirds, you might want to stop until the Jays are gone.

If you can put a little webcam above it it could be cool for the kids to see. We used to use binoculars to see the robin fledglings under the corner of the roof.

I am inclined to roll with it but now realizing I have tree removal scheduled next week to deal with 2 enormous firs - maybe 20’ from this nest. 2 days of pro saw work then I’ll probably be dicking around myself for days after breaking down and giving wood away. WWMD?

Leave it. If they decide to bolt, no worries... they're jays after all.

I could fire up the chainsaw in the yard right now, and the Jays would be back for dinner.

edit: are there eggs yet?

2nd edit: yeah, the webcam would be cool

We have to be very careful in the spring about leaving our garage door open too much during the day. The little birds like to nest in the rafters if you give them half a chance.

Which thread does this belong in? And who knew?

https://www.wcax.com/2021/04/18/rare...ed-in-vermont/

Anyone build anything out of locust tree wood?
    I have some saplings to clear out and was befuddled by the thorns so I started reading for bright ideas. Had no idea it was desirable wood.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Which thread does this belong in? And who knew?

https://www.wcax.com/2021/04/18/rare...ed-in-vermont/
    Not a laughing matter, this virus kills horses.

Went through this at a barn my daughter worked; 13 out of 28 horses died.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Not a laughing matter, this virus kills horses.

Went through this at a barn my daughter worked; 13 out of 28 horses died.
    it has been particularly bad of recent times according to my sister. +vibes to your daughter. losing a horsey is always tough, even when it is someone elses.
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Anyone build anything out of locust tree wood?
    I have some saplings to clear out and was befuddled by the thorns so I started reading for bright ideas. Had no idea it was desirable wood.
    It splits like crazy, it's decent for kindling. But sometimes the grain is twisted and you can't split that no matter what. It's very hard, so it's good for things like flooring but it's hard to work. Also good for fence posts, it doesn't rot, although it sometimes comes back to life and a post will try to turn back into a tree.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    it has been particularly bad of recent times according to my sister. +vibes to your daughter. losing a horsey is always tough, even when it is someone elses.
    Ours didn't die, but it was nip and tuck for 3 months, lots of anxiety tears. Going up there and every week seeing another horse corpse covered with a tarp. Grisly. They'd load up the bodies biweekly.

Plus having that incident and exposure follow after leaving that barn.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<