Page 144 of 224 FirstFirst ... 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 ... LastLast
Results 3,576 to 3,600 of 5590
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    "Dowel bar retrofit"

Long stretches of I5 have them, and it belongs in the shit that annoys (me) thread
    Huh, I always wondered what that was. Thanks.
    I still call it The Jake.

Why do they keep saying Rinvoq can "visibly repair the colon lining"? Visibly seems a weird thing to emphasize. Visibly?

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Why do they keep saying Rinvoq can "visibly repair the colon lining"? Visibly seems a weird thing to emphasize. Visibly?
    Is that the one that can give you a deadly taint infection? That side effect has to be one of the worst I’ve ever heard

Could be, all I know is they keep running those ads during Celtics games,

Are all high school drama programs as big a time and life sucking force as ours? My kid got involved and it’s 4 hr. practices after school, and marathon 12 hour rehearsal or double show days on the weekends. I thought I lived in small town Oregon, not Broadway. If this were a sports team they would get slapped with sanctions by Oregon School Athletic Association, sanctions and fines probably.
    "Let's be careful out there."

That does sound a bit extreme- but all kid shit is extreme these days.

I want to make a small floating bench for a mudroom. 42" long about 12-16" wide or so, and thick enough to look substantial. I'd like it to look nice and willing to spend some cash and sweat equity on it. I suppose I was thinking something darkish with an interesting pattern. My woodworking skills are practically nonexistent, but my Youtube watching is top notch.

Not sure what I should do really. I could just buy something wide enough and finish it, or I do have access to a makerspace with a jointer and all the toys so I could try gluing. I don't know much about fancy wood or the best way to go about it for a beginner.

Pretty easy to make a nice bench with wood slates ( 1"X2") if you have a saw, sander and drill.

Something along these lines should be doable and maybe available in a kit?

Name:  Screenshot 2022-12-01 064006.png
Views: 332
Size:  247.2 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Those aren’t 1x2 & that looks incredibly heavy

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Those aren’t 1x2 & that looks incredibly heavy
    Brick shithouse.

That thing could hold Dunfree's mom.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

I still call it The Jake.

Is anybody here up to speed on Grundfos residential water recirc pumps? I have what should be a simple question that I can't find an answer to for the life of me.

Is anybody here up to speed on Grundfos residential water recirc pumps? I have what should be a simple question that I can't find an answer to for the life of me.
    I’m an amateur plumber. But I have read a lot about grundfos recirc.

What the fuck is your question

And why is it not in the home improvement thread?

'Cause it's just a little random question? Maybe it should be there.

Ok Grundfos Comfort PM have a temperature sensor on a tether that is supposed to be attached to the hot water supply. The plumber (who now seems to have vanished) attached it to the return, like a foot from the pump. To move it to the supply the tether has to be longer.

The instructions indicate the tether can be up to 8 feet long, and I think there must be plenty more tether inside the pump housing but I can't get any more to pull out. Do I just pull harder on the tether or is there some trick to getting more out? I'm tempted to just pull harder on it but don't want to break the thing.

edit: I've given this a good shot, I've watched videos, I've googled, I've been on the Grundfos site, and they all just skip over this bit.
    Last edited by ötzi; 12-03-2022 at 11:42 AM.

A recirc pump temp sensor is usually on the return.

It recircs when the return line is cold. If it’s in the supply it will get warm and shut down too soon.

PS. There ain’t no magic wire storage there. The plumber must have trimmed the wire to make a clean install. You could always solder an extension wire. But I think it’s right to have the sensor on the return.

No the pump has an internal sensor and an external one. It wants to calculate the difference in temperatures to adjust itself. The internal one senses the return water temp, the external one senses the supply temp. Currently they're both on the return so it doesn't run because there's no temperature difference.

You may be right about him cutting it, I thought about that but there's no way to tell, I was hoping there was more inside the housing.

Ahh. Makes sense now.
    If that recirc has built in return temp sensor then yes the wired sensor would be the hot side.

The plumber was probably a retard like me.
    Used to old school tech.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0205E494-D5E6-40D1-98B4-AF831B57D3E8.png 
Views:	56 
Size:	717.3 KB 
ID:	436540

You are correct. Somehow there’s a spool of wire that releases when you turn the faceplate. That’s bizarre.

But you found the answer, nice work. I was looking for exactly that ^^ and couldn't find it, thanks. It seemed like there was more wire in there.

Do I just pull harder on the tether or is there some trick to getting more out? I'm tempted to just pull harder on it but don't want to break the thing
    Yes, as I recall I had to pull it harder than I expected. I also think the direction of the pull plays into it. There is a lot of cable in there. Similar situation in that the plumber put it in the wrong spot. In fairness we have a solar hot water tank before the main tank so the plumbing is a bit weird and he guessed wrong. I relocated it to the right spot. Went through the same frustration in trying to figure out the cable. I doubt he cut it, it’s a ribbon not a standard wire.

The whole setup seems much more complicated than it needs to be*, how this better than just having a sensor on the return that kicks the pump on when the return water temp falls beyond a certain point is beyond me.

*But it's German

They got rid of Oldsmobiles and I guess they had to drive something.

In the day, Buicks were in the slot between Chevy and Oldsmobile, for guys in their 40's and 50's who had made a couple bucks but still thought they were pretty sporty fellas but not as sporty as those Pontiac guys. Skylarks and Rivieras were kinda cool.
    Cutlass and a few other Olds were not your Father or Grandfather's comfort ride 98's or 88's but muscle cars... Some would say other than say a Chevelle or Corvette in the late 60's and early 70's there were few GM's more popular for muscle car category. Not many Buick muscle cars- Skylark or Century (which for awhile was pretty much similar to the Olds Cutlass Ciera but was never as nice as a traditional rear wheel drive V8 Cutlass).... Olds was killed off first then of course eventually Pontiac (which started in the 50's and 60's as the wide track vehicles.)

Other than airplanes, the fastest vehicle in my life was my moms Olds 98. Unknown speed, as the speedo arm was pegged, past 135.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by RShea View Post
    Cutlass and a few other Olds were not your Father or Grandfather's comfort ride 98's or 88's but muscle cars... Some would say other than say a Chevelle or Corvette in the late 60's and early 70's there were few GM's more popular for muscle car category. Not many Buick muscle cars- Skylark or Century (which for awhile was pretty much similar to the Olds Cutlass Ciera but was never as nice as a traditional rear wheel drive V8 Cutlass).... Olds was killed off first then of course eventually Pontiac (which started in the 50's and 60's as the wide track vehicles.)
    As I recall most GM cars had an equivalent in at least one other GM line. 'Vette excluded of course. And maybe the Corvair? (Little known fact--Nader continued to drive his after he published Unsafe at Any Speed, because he knew all US cars were dangerous pieces of shit, as bad or worse than the Corvair.)

fuck nader...

Quote Originally Posted by Garbowski View Post
    That does sound a bit extreme- but all kid shit is extreme these days.

I want to make a small floating bench for a mudroom. 42" long about 12-16" wide or so, and thick enough to look substantial. I'd like it to look nice and willing to spend some cash and sweat equity on it. I suppose I was thinking something darkish with an interesting pattern. My woodworking skills are practically nonexistent, but my Youtube watching is top notch.

Not sure what I should do really. I could just buy something wide enough and finish it, or I do have access to a makerspace with a jointer and all the toys so I could try gluing. I don't know much about fancy wood or the best way to go about it for a beginner.
    Beginners usually do a Ikea or similar kit assembly.

Or see if you can get some old growth tree cut down with your chain saw (there is a thread on here probably about them if you do not own one), take it and haul it off to a saw mill and have them cut the wood up in a way that the grain comes out favorable for your bench. Then take that slab of wood and some pieces and fabricate a set of legs and maybe a cross support or 2. Get some tools to sand and prep it and then some stain or if you pick the right tree with a darker wood, straight to some polyurethane or even just do some minwax paste wax if you like the natural look of it...

Sort of like a DIY of something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Hope-Woodwork.../dp/B0765BNTWR