Page 182 of 224 FirstFirst ... 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 ... LastLast
Results 4,526 to 4,550 of 5576
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Rumor has it around these parts that a maul might be of use.

In other news, when I was a kid my dad tried to use a flare to smoke the squirrels out of the attic. He started the house on fire and we became famous when the firetrucks rolled in.

I recommend your cat. Or a maul. Flares tend to exacerbate the problem, makes them flare-up, if you will.
    Was your dad a moron?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Rumor has it around these parts that a maul might be of use.

In other news, when I was a kid my dad tried to use a flare to smoke the squirrels out of the attic. He started the house on fire and we became famous when the firetrucks rolled in.

I recommend your cat. Or a maul. Flares tend to exacerbate the problem, makes them flare-up, if you will.
    Legendary! Take that, mother fuckers, I'll burn it to the ground!

Driver ed on a closed track at a high school in Detroit. First day all of us get into a station wagon. Instructor asks if anyone had done any driving with their dad.* One girl said yes. The instructor put her behind the wheel and told her to back out. She drove forward through a fence.

*Unlike most kids I learned to drive from my mom, who was a much better driving instructor than driver. My dad had already had a heart attack or two by then, although he was the one who took me to the empty mall parking lot one Sunday to practice skids. I took my kids to Truckee High--schools are about the only empty parking lots on Sundays any more. And churches.

Christmas dinner was late in 2017 because I had to go pull thing#2 and my wife out of the ditch at the American Legion parking lot about 30 minutes before I was supposed to put the roast in. Chucklehead managed to leave the house in slippers, pajamas, and no jacket, under my wife's supervision, for a "quick driving lesson with the stick shift." It took longer than 30 minutes to get unstuck.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Was your dad a moron?
    No. A chief designer of the coronary stent. Extended his own mother’s life. I don’t know a cooler dude.

But he isn’t immune to bad decisions. Flares in the attic is one of them. I could probably think up another incident to make him sound like a moron. Homie is always pushing the envelope.

Intelligence and common sense do not often track each other.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Christmas dinner was late in 2017 because I had to go pull thing#2 and my wife out of the ditch at the American Legion parking lot about 30 minutes before I was supposed to put the roast in. Chucklehead managed to leave the house in slippers, pajamas, and no jacket, under my wife's supervision, for a "quick driving lesson with the stick shift." It took longer than 30 minutes to get unstuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Intelligence and common sense do not often track each other.
    Exactly. Not the post you intended it for, but it fits. Mailman must have been smart because the kid sure is. But man does he make some silly decisions. Hopefully wisdom will arrive with age.

I've been holding out hope for some of that wisdom folks have been talking about but nothing yet
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    I've been holding out hope for some of that wisdom folks have been talking about but nothing yet
    fake it till you make it. or, at least keep faking it.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

When a deadbeat writes "final payment" in the note section of a check, is that legally binding?
    I see conflicting info online.

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    Made me think of this because of another thread but I learned a little while ago that kids no longer do driver’s ed in school. WTF?
    No wonder there are so many bad drivers or drivers that seem to have zero awareness of rules of the road. Sure you are supposed to put in “your hours” with parents etc but having another adult pointing out things to me was essential to driving awareness.
    I guess when schools have to cut something it makes sense on the surface but I see the repercussions of this multiple times a day and it seems like a worthy investment
    I'm old enough to bitch about teenagers driving by my house too fast, and it wasn't a school offering when I took it, either. I think part of the equation is regional.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    If you don't say anything people will think you're wise. That's good enough. IME.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    When a deadbeat writes "final payment" in the note section of a check, is that legally binding?
    I see conflicting info online.
    So why are you asking on line?

High concentration of dentists.

Random Unthreadworthy Questions

If it’s made in good faith and if the amount in question is not well defined, then maybe. If somebody’s just trying to scam you and/or you have contracts or otherwise clearly defining what is owed, probably means nothing at all and is just silly bullshit to (threaten to) go to court over.

[/not a dentist]
    focus.

Just write “not” in front of it.

My undentist opinion is that the memo section of a check means absolutely nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    High concentration of dentists.
    What matters is if it says in full satisfaction on the endorsement line.
    IANAD
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by Garbowski View Post
    My undentist opinion is that the memo section of a check means absolutely nothing.
    Exactly. I write all kinds of goofy shit there. Thanks for the blow jobs, stuff like that.

Does it mildly annoy or amuse anyone else when you see someone sporting TRG gear when you know for sure they wouldn’t know a Mag if one took a dump on their head?

I was at the pool this afternoon/evening and saw three unrelated people wearing TGR shirts. I know all these people and none of them are action sports enthusiasts.

Not a single bathrobe among em and none looked like Fred either (but the two women who are very fit looked great in their T’s fwiw).

It’s like it’s the Bison hat for summer 2023.
    I still call it The Jake.

I'm still wondering who was driving through Brampton friggin Ontario with a TGR sticker on their ride. So random.

Dude. I’m in bumfuck rural Japan driving by rice fields as my daily commute.

There is no normal maggot. We’ve infected all corners of this wound of human existence.

Edit— I think I just read that I need a TRG sticker on my car. Harry sent me a Change For A Nickle sticker. Happening soon. Will post pics.

^ not sure if bragging or complaining (about rural Japan that is)

The humble brag.

Dude. I’m in bumfuck rural Japan driving by rice fields as my daily commute.

There is no normal maggot. We’ve infected all corners of this wound of human existence.

Edit— I think I just read that I need a TRG sticker on my car. Harry sent me a Change For A Nickle sticker. Happening soon. Will post pics.
    Pm your addy. You need a trg sticker
    Might take a half a year to get to you but worthy

Side note but one thing I liked when we visited Hokkaido (although think you are on the mainland right?) was that the older drivers would put an autumn maple leaf sticker on their vehicles to note they were old fucks and driving slow, which I thought was sweet and valuable info.
    skid luxury

Me too. Subscribed