Page 181 of 224 FirstFirst ... 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,525 of 5576

Random Unthreadworthy Questions

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Submerging the live trap in a barrel of water is easier than relocating

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    All my barrels are already full with dead hookers
    Last edited by mcski; 05-29-2023 at 12:39 PM.

I read that if you kill a squirrel that is already living in your house, another squirrel will know from the scent trail that first one is gone and a nest is up for grabs. I used a baited Have a Heart trap near the house to catch them and my 100 yo Little Scout .22 to finish them off. After about 10-12 kills they'd come into the yard but stopped coming near the house. No way you can seal a house from squirrels. Needs a final solution.
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

The crazy German lady I used to live next door to used to shoot at the squirrels in her almond tree with a BB gun. Never hit one afaik. Cool lady though. Wound up in a concentration camp for throwing food over the wire for her Jewish friend on the inside,.

The squirrel was a no-show last night and this morning. Saw a squished squirrel in the road half a block away. Hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
    I read that if you kill a squirrel that is already living in your house, another squirrel will know from the scent trail that first one is gone and a nest is up for grabs. I used a baited Have a Heart trap near the house to catch them and my 100 yo Little Scout .22 to finish them off. After about 10-12 kills they'd come into the yard but stopped coming near the house. No way you can seal a house from squirrels. Needs a final solution.
    Bless your heart

My neighbor told me that the guy who owned my house before I did asked him if he wouldn't mind lending out one of his garbage cans. Finding the request somewhat out of the ordinary, my neighbor asked the guy what for. He said, without missing a beat, to drown these squirrels I've been catching in the trap. My neighbor said, now Roy you're welcome to drown all the squirrels you please but you'll have to use your own garbage can.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    The crazy German lady I used to live next door to used to shoot at the squirrels in her almond tree with a BB gun. Never hit one afaik. Cool lady though. Wound up in a concentration camp for throwing food over the wire for her Jewish friend on the inside,.
    Rough neighborhood

Quote Originally Posted by Lvovsky View Post
    Rough neighborhood
    What? Sacramento in the 70's or Munich in the 30s? Or both?

Made me think of this because of another thread but I learned a little while ago that kids no longer do driver’s ed in school. WTF?
    No wonder there are so many bad drivers or drivers that seem to have zero awareness of rules of the road. Sure you are supposed to put in “your hours” with parents etc but having another adult pointing out things to me was essential to driving awareness.
    I guess when schools have to cut something it makes sense on the surface but I see the repercussions of this multiple times a day and it seems like a worthy investment
    skid luxury

Why are there so many stupid people and why can't we fix stupid? Yup, today had some memorable attempts at conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    Made me think of this because of another thread but I learned a little while ago that kids no longer do driver’s ed in school. WTF?
    No wonder there are so many bad drivers or drivers that seem to have zero awareness of rules of the road. Sure you are supposed to put in “your hours” with parents etc but having another adult pointing out things to me was essential to driving awareness.
    I guess when schools have to cut something it makes sense on the surface but I see the repercussions of this multiple times a day and it seems like a worthy investment
    We got discounts on insurance for passing driver’s ed. A big difference at 16…

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Why are there so many stupid people and why can't we fix stupid? Yup, today had some memorable attempts at conversation.
    Not everyone can be above average.

Lol

Name:  IMG_8209.JPG
Views: 242
Size:  34.6 KB

^i reference that quote weekly.
    Funny side story- I attended a Carlin show at probably age 9 or 10. My brother was older and loved Carlin and convinced my dad to take him to a show. My dad was a single parent so I basically went to everything too. Dad was not familiar with Carlin at the time and I spent most of the show on my Dad’s lap with his hands as earmuffs
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by half-fast View Post
    A squirrel managed to get into our attic. I can trim some trees and that will probably keep him out . We have a cat that was a stray that feasted on squirrels. He wants to go up in the attic real bad, should I let him?
    Rumor has it around these parts that a maul might be of use.

In other news, when I was a kid my dad tried to use a flare to smoke the squirrels out of the attic. He started the house on fire and we became famous when the firetrucks rolled in.

I recommend your cat. Or a maul. Flares tend to exacerbate the problem, makes them flare-up, if you will.

Not just drivers but members of society too. Also, I hate clouds.

Squirrel has been a no show for a couple of days. Traffic from a main street has been diverted to my street for construction, I think he didn’t make it across the street

Random Unthreadworthy Questions

Does anyone else notice that sneezing, after the age of 45 or so, results in catastrophic repercussions?

I gotta prepare when I feel a sneeze coming on. And if I can’t prepare, I kinda end up screaming into the void.

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Does anyone else notice that sneezing, after the age of 45 or so, results in catastrophic repercussions?

I gotta prepare when I feel a sneeze coming on. And if I can’t prepare, I kinda end up screaming into the void.
    Did you shit yourself? Or did you fuck up your back?

^i reference that quote weekly.
    Funny side story- I attended a Carlin show at probably age 9 or 10. My brother was older and loved Carlin and convinced my dad to take him to a show. My dad was a single parent so I basically went to everything too. Dad was not familiar with Carlin at the time and I spent most of the show on my Dad’s lap with his hands as earmuffs
    That’s awesome

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Did you shit yourself? Or did you fuck up your back?
    Both of those things at some point. But my lord, does sneezing mean a new thing in my latter years. Nowadays, if I'm about to sneeze, I shut everything down around me.

I'm pretty sure this is a post-45yo thing. I remember my dad doing the same thing. "Everyone shut the fuck up and sit down... I have to sneeze."

And then thunder.

Why is sneezing so hard when you're past the midpoint in longevity?

Wait. You're 45? And you didn't know Neil Young???

I knew Neil Young. I didn’t know that one lyric. Or even that song. But anyway… 47.

What was genuinely shocking to me, and very cool, is that so many people knew exactly where that one lyric came from. And... that it was so foreign to me.

These (TGR) are my people. But they're also living on the other side of the globe.

I sometimes feel like a kid visiting my older brother's closet. Like-- he lived a whole life before me and I just kinda rummage through the drawers.

Being a poster here is like feeling you could know it all, but you only have hints. And that's fun.
    Last edited by gaijin; 06-01-2023 at 06:19 AM.

In WA teens are required to take and pass Drivers Ed with a licensed private company. I’m not sure that all the private companies are run by people that give a shit or know what good driving is. The one my daughters went to was run by a couple of teachers that used to run the DE program in HS

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums