Page 125 of 226 FirstFirst ... 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,125 of 5634
    Scrub vigorously (with soap, obv) to remove the oil. When that stuff spreads it's because the axle-grease-sticky oil didn't get washed off.

Don't wait until the blisters are ginormous so you can get in a textbook like I did. No royalties, no upside.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Technu soap is awesome.
    Tecnu is a preventative not a cure. Use it with friction (like a washcloth) after exposure to prevent blisters.

Bobby the bisters have the oil from the plant ("urushiol") encapsulated in them. Your body is trying to keep it enclosed away from your skin. If they pop you can scrub around them with tecnu to help prevent spreading. Otherwise the oil from the blister runs down by gravity or rubbing and new blisters will form where it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthop View Post
    What is the proper response when Mormons see me with my baby and say 'God bless you'?
    It's not mine

"Not sure how it happened, we were just soaking."

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    "Not sure how it happened, we were just soaking."
    /thread

Thinking about taking a long weekend trip somewhere, but not that particular about location, just need to get out of dodge. How do I find good deals? Every site wants me to put in a destination, when I'd rather look at prices from DEN to multiple destinations and choose. Surely there is something I am missing here.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Random Unthreadworthy Questions

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Thinking about taking a long weekend trip somewhere, but not that particular about location, just need to get out of dodge. How do I find good deals? Every site wants me to put in a destination, when I'd rather look at prices from DEN to multiple destinations and choose. Surely there is something I am missing here.
    Kayak explore. It lets you select time frame and filter by flight length, cost, types of trip, etc.

Edit: the browser version has more filters than the app version.

excellent, don't know how I missed that on kayak before. Thanks.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

When the average value is $100k, why would someone buy a 1967 Corvette for $286k and sell it for $196k one a year later?

https://www.classic.com/veh/1967-che...ZW?tab=history
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
    When the average value is $100k, why would someone buy a 1967 Corvette for $286k and sell it for $196k one a year later?

Sounds like it’s not an average example of a ‘67 Vette

This Corvette is a three-time Duntov Award recipient (the only 435hp Corvette to have accomplished this three times) and received the Bloomington Gold certification in 1999. These achievements did not happen over 3 years; The awards span decades and also include multiple NCRS Top Flight Awards and multiple performance verification awards.’

But a 33% hit in one year. This list of flips and flops had me looking at the flops and wondering "why?" the big losses. Failed business? Trophy wife didn't like the color? Money laundering?

https://www.classic.com/insights/auc...3D%3D#topflips

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Scrub vigorously (with soap, obv) to remove the oil. When that stuff spreads it's because the axle-grease-sticky oil didn't get washed off.

Don't wait until the blisters are ginormous so you can get in a textbook like I did. No royalties, no upside.
    I've got one that's about the size of a pea on my right forearm. Makes me feel bad for people with skin conditions. People keep their distance.

I went and got a steroid shot in the ass, steroid pills and steroid cream. Hopefully Ill bulk up a little.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    I've got one that's about the size of a pea on my right forearm. Makes me feel bad for people with skin conditions. People keep their distance.
    Congratulations, you are the first maggot to get MonkeyPox !

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Why is Chicken Omelette not a thing?
    Mother and child reunion

Which came first?

I’ve made chicken omelette, and the bird goes in for a season and sauté

So there’s your answer to the age old random question

But a 33% hit in one year. This list of flips and flops had me looking at the flops and wondering "why?" the big losses. Failed business? Trophy wife didn't like the color? Money laundering?

https://www.classic.com/insights/auc...3D%3D#topflips
    Lot of people selling community property that's not going to be community property for long. Sticking it to the soon to be ex is worth it to some people, even if it means taking a hit themselves.

Random Unthreadworthy Questions

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    I posted a long time back trying to figure out what the hell this pvc vent was connected to. The best guesses involved some Buffalo Bill type stuff, which actually checks out due to the previous owners reputation.

Well so new clues have emerged. Context again: this is a small outbuilding stable. You can see the distance from the house. It’s not septic, which is on the other wise of the property. There is a tall white pvc stack coming out of the ground and I don’t know it’s purpose.

I left for 3 days during our heatwave and returned tonight and found a very uniform pattern in the grass, similar to what a septic might leave.

What’s under the ground here?

Attachment 422846

Attachment 422847

Attachment 422848

Back to this. Looks like the dead grass area has something under it, like concrete or a plastic tank, close to the surface. In the hot weather there’s not as much dirt to keep the grass wet and cool, so it dies.

Could be a root cellar, could be a septic tank, could be a bomb shelter, could be a temple devoted to Tiffani Thiessen.

Only one way to fine out…

Hoping it's not full of dead hookers.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Hoping it's not full of dead hookers.
    Yeah, it would be way better if they were alive.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Back to this.
    This one kept you up at night, didn't it?

Overpaid for it and now he needs money says Occam.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Yeah, it would be way better if they were alive.
    Obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    could be a temple devoted to Tiffani Thiessen.

Only one way to fine out…
    I'll meet you there.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Overpaid for it and now he needs money says Occam.
    A lot of rich drunks at that auction?
    69 Camaro sold for $139k after 5 months owning for $129k loss
    66 Bronco resto sold for $139k after 2 months owning for $122k loss
    2013 Benz2013 Mercedes-Benz SL63 AMG P30 Performance Package
    Sold for $77k after 2 months owning for $33k loss

Bobby S should find these guys and sell them a car or 3.

It's probably like a lot of things - they were going up so some people figured they'd always go up and it didn't matter if they overpaid because soon they'd be worth even more than they paid. Works great until it doesn't.