Page 145 of 224 FirstFirst ... 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,625 of 5590
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    As I recall most GM cars had an equivalent in at least one other GM line. 'Vette excluded of course. And maybe the Corvair? (Little known fact--Nader continued to drive his after he published Unsafe at Any Speed, because he knew all US cars were dangerous pieces of shit, as bad or worse than the Corvair.)
    Many body types were reused and engines also. Example the Vette V8 engine was also used for years in the full sized GM station wagons. So Body A, or whatever designation used at the time as you stated could be used across all or most all the brands (Cadillac was sometimes another exception that did not for years have any compact or sub compact models.) Some would have a softer ride or more options for the line up for a luxury alternative, others maybe were built with a different suspension also- again maybe air ride shocks vs standard shocks on another line for a different ride feel. The mentioned Buick Century when it went to front wheel drive, Cutlass Ciera, Pontiac 6000, all were similar cars on the same body and different grills, bumpers maybe rear lights, etc. Chevy Vega (H body) was the same as the Pontiac Astre (which probably was not very well known or as popular or maybe even only in Canada and not the US market at all.)

But only Buick had holes on the front fenders.

Random Unthreadworthy Questions

They all did after a few years if you lived where they salt the roads in winter

66 Corvair was my first car. I drifted every turn and wore the tires down to the cord in the first 3 weeks I owned it. Car could handle a slide and ruled in all snow conditions.
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    They all did after a few years if you lived where they salt the roads in winter
    LOL

Anyone here using a safety razor? How's it going vs. Mach 3 etc.? The price of Gillette cartridges is starting to cheese me off

Not in a million years. But when I did these came in handy.
    Name:  51M81IW7LtL.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  37.0 KB
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    Anyone here using a safety razor? How's it going vs. Mach 3 etc.? The price of Gillette cartridges is starting to cheese me off
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0166.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	791.7 KB 
ID:	436922

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

I used a safety razor for years when I shaved. Use lots of cream and never go against the grain. Nice clean shave

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0166.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	791.7 KB 
ID:	436922

I like the irony

Heh

On shaving. Two blades is plenty.
    Wtf with these five blade bullshits.

PS. Soap and hair conditioner works very well for shaving.
    Even better than a can of foamy goo.

Dollar Shave Club still a thing? Or the Bic disposable?? (I'm an electric razor user..)

I so much do not miss the razor.

Seriously. Those Gillette carts rarely if ever go onsale. What a racket.

I still use an old "generic" double blade of some sort (Gilette?) - can still get replacement heads for it from the drug store for CHEAP and it does a fine job. But I'm not terribly picky about my shave, either...

Random Unthreadworthy Questions

I haven’t really shaved for like ten years, but prior to that I fell into a shaving rabbit hole and had a safety razor, used the soap and a brush instead of canned stuff, etc.

It was certainly a lot cheaper, and you do get better overall results. There’s a learning curve to it, and a bit different techniques that you need to employ to not hack your face up, but watch a couple YouTube vids and you should be good.

You can also go through the looking glass and drop $1k on gear and spend all day arguing on forums about metallurgy if that’s your thing.

Quote Originally Posted by jmedslc View Post
    Seriously. Those Gillette carts rarely if ever go onsale. What a racket.
    Costco has them on sale pretty regularly. Although my next Costco trip is going to include a Braun electric razor as I’m getting sick of shaving with a razor. Been over 30 years since I’ve had an electric razor and I’m hoping they are better these day. If not, back to Costco it goes and I grab another pack of Gillette cartridges.

Quote Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
    Costco has them on sale pretty regularly.
    Yep, I shave what’s left on my head and Costco delivers. I don’t worry about my face though.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Yep, I shave what’s left on my head and Costco delivers. I don’t worry about my face though.
    Can you shave your balls with an electric razor?

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Yes, but only once.

When you all talk about safety razors I assume you mean the single double-edge blade razors where you twist the handle to open the razor to change blades. The only kind there was when I started shaving. Or are you talking about straight razors, like barbers and metrosexuals use.

why is there a permanent pop up window when on tgr, on the bottom right, that cannot be closed out? i've signed off and on. what gives?

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    When you all talk about safety razors I assume you mean the single double-edge blade razors where you twist the handle to open the razor to change blades. The only kind there was when I started shaving. Or are you talking about straight razors, like barbers and metrosexuals use.
    Yes.
    Nasty single blade razors

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    why is there a permanent pop up window when on tgr, on the bottom right, that cannot be closed out? i've signed off and on. what gives?
    Don't know, I use a pop up blocker, same with ads.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
    Costco has them on sale pretty regularly. Although my next Costco trip is going to include a Braun electric razor as I’m getting sick of shaving with a razor. Been over 30 years since I’ve had an electric razor and I’m hoping they are better these day. If not, back to Costco it goes and I grab another pack of Gillette cartridges.
    Braun is pretty good- wet or dry use (depending on how close you want to get) and of course there is more than one series- 3 series- entry level and no cleaning other than the brush and either run it under water or they have some shaver cleaning and lube sprays. 5 series has a few with cleaning options and is their mid priced, and 7 series is their top of the line models and most of them includes a cleaning tank. Another nicer wet dry electrical razor is Panasonic. I've used both over the years, have a Braun for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    As with anything down there (manual or electric), depends on the design of the trimmer, how careful and skilled you are with the instrument, and how close of a shave you want...