Page 7 of 226 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I've still got the same Capilene base layer set from high school and it works beautifully.
    The best part about this is with the added weight gain they are full on compression layers! Works great for recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    How hard is it to keep rats out once they are in a house? We are under contract on a home and the inspection turned up an infestation (among other things). Having an exterminator come out and do some mitigation before we close, but are we just signing up for a lifetime of chasing these things down?
    I had them in the attic. Kids we're little and we were getting little bites at night- rat mites.

Called an exterminator. The guy basically told me to do it myself, as all he could do was set traps and come back every few days and reset them. He also advised that I secure any possible entry points. The best part was when he looked at me very seriously and said, "Rats are smart. You start killing them and they'll leave."

So I sealed up the house and went to war. Killed over 20 rats over a 3 week period. Mostly by trap, but one with a wiffle ball bat and one with magazine while naked in the bathroom. They haven't been back since.

Quote Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
    The best part about this is with the added weight gain they are full on compression layers! Works great for recovery.
    Thankfully my metabolism is still high and a year or so of high stress has my waist at the same measurement as my senior year. I’ll check the compression strength next year for sure.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by GiBo View Post
    So I sealed up the house and went to war. Killed over 20 rats over a 3 week period. Mostly by trap, but one with a wiffle ball bat and one with magazine while naked in the bathroom. They haven't been back since.
    I had pretty much the same experience but with fewer rats. After I killed a few they seemed to get the hint.

one with magazine while naked in the bathroom. They haven't been back since.
    Yikes. Wouldn't want my tender bits exposed to rat retaliation!

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Call Western (Interstate? cant remember which) Pest and get on their yearly plan. Stay on it for two years. They will be the responsible party to get rid of them.
    As the HO, you will have to pay for patching holes etc, but they cover all the rat stuff. And you can just keep calling them back until your in the clear.
    Once you feel good that you’re clear, you can cancel
    Thanks for the rec!

The other thing I did was buy an electric trap and it worked great. Rat simply gets zapped when it walks across an electrified plate in the trap. Much less messy than a conventional trap. I don't think I'd have the wherewithal to beat a rat to death with a rolled up magazine.

FWIW we had a problem. I never saw anything but the christmas lights, other assorted crap in the basement got knawed to shit. Ms. MT said she saw one and heard them a lot. We hired a "firm" that specializes in this stuff. I think they charged either 1.5k or 3k can't remember which, (big house) but they were gone in a month and that was about 2000. To memory that outfit spent a lot of time sealing up every way into the house/basement. They knew their shit though, and the problem was gone.
    "Can't you see..."

Reminds me of this from Vice:

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    Why the hell is it that smoke alarm backup batteries wait until two o'clock in the morning to sound the dead battery alarm?
    A question. ^^

An answer: https://smokealarmed.com.au/why-do-s...-die-at-night/

Let's get this back on track, people.

Random Unthreadworthy Questions

Reminds me of this from Vice:

That video lifestyle is Baxter’s life dream.
    We have field mice here that he tries to kill on a daily basis

Here he is on the patio in summer keeping the satellites tuned for any mouse movement. I love dogs. Baxter is our first small dog and it’s been interesting to experience his rodent obsession.
    So different from our other bigger dogs (lab, vizsla and border collie mix) smart AF. Almost too smart/ manipulative
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1608167550.322690.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	825.1 KB 
ID:	353255
    Probably better than cats but just guessing on size advantage. Baxter is 17#
    skid luxury

I’ve posted this before, but my Taos cat and coyote/dog were vermin buddies...at first the canine hassled the feline, then feline started leaving mouse treats on canine’s porch bed, which canine ate or buried for later.
    Canine recognized these protection payments. Peaceful and sanitary conditions reigned for years under that arrangement.
    They worked it out entirely themselves!

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    The other thing I did was buy an electric trap and it worked great. Rat simply gets zapped when it walks across an electrified plate in the trap. Much less messy than a conventional trap. I don't think I'd have the wherewithal to beat a rat to death with a rolled up magazine.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=PftOxn4ANjc&feature=share

I had them in the attic. Kids we're little and we were getting little bites at night- rat mites.

Called an exterminator. The guy basically told me to do it myself, as all he could do was set traps and come back every few days and reset them. He also advised that I secure any possible entry points. The best part was when he looked at me very seriously and said, "Rats are smart. You start killing them and they'll leave."

Twenty years ago I'd have said that sounds like a perfect Tom Hanks, Melanie Griffith, Danny Devito screenplay.

I had a Jack Russell who went nuts if he heard a mousetrap go off. He'd often get the trap before I could get to it and run so he could savor the kill. At least that's what I thought he thought. Crazy fuckers, those dogs.

Killed over 20 rats over a 3 week period. Mostly by trap, but one with a wiffle ball bat and one with magazine while naked in the bathroom. They haven't been back since.
    Yikes. Wouldn't want my tender bits exposed to rat retaliation!
    The rats were probably traumatized seeing GiBo naked
    "Ahhhh, my eyes. What has been seen cannot be unseen!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    A question. ^^

An answer: https://smokealarmed.com.au/why-do-s...-die-at-night/

Let's get this back on track, people.
    Yeah, yeah, it was a rhetorical question. See? It really wasn't worth it's own thread so fully qualified for this unworthy thread. Capice?

Well I mean I knew you didn't actually care why, but there was a distinct question there so I answered it. Questions and answers, that's what we're doing here. At least it's what I'm doing.

The new Iceman...

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Are these people going to enjoy this snow?
    Attachment 352939
    Based on my neighborhood and everyone I have talked to today personally and professionally, yes.

Variety is nice when the last few months have been the same. No one has anywhere to go. We all want something to get kids outside playing, and this is a shit ton better than a huge rain/ wintery mix that turns the yards and local play spots to mudholes.
    plus some folks ski, and natural base is a good thing for all.

A few days ago I got a notification from Apple on my phone that "call silencing" was available for spam calls. I said okay and got it. Now it's not letting any calls at all through.

Question: How do I turn this shit off? I can't find it in settings anywhere.

Settings> Phone> Silence Unknown Callers> Turn Off.
    Or start typing "Silence" in the search bar in settings and it pulls up instant.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Based on my neighborhood and everyone I have talked to today personally and professionally, yes.

Variety is nice when the last few months have been the same. No one has anywhere to go. We all want something to get kids outside playing, and this is a shit ton better than a huge rain/ wintery mix that turns the yards and local play spots to mudholes.
    plus some folks ski, and natural base is a good thing for all.

My original query was reflecting on people needing to get to the hospitals to receive urgent care or to work, let alone sleeping outside without shelter and waiting in food lines. Maybe y’all don’t have any of them in Babylon.

How can any manufacturers make products that don’t actually work. Like I bought a pack of lighters at Safeway, and they didn’t have any bics stocked as per usual so I got the cheapies. They don’t make a flame.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    How can any manufacturers make products that don’t actually work. Like I bought a pack of lighters at Safeway, and they didn’t have any bics stocked as per usual so I got the cheapies. They don’t make a flame.
    I have had the same issues with the long lighters, even the name brand Bics. They simply don't work most of the time. But I need these damn lighters, the short ones (which are more reliable) don't light grills very well.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy