Page 5 of 224 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    Yup. Canadian and UK Mars = US Milky Way. Milky Way sold elsewhere in the world = 3 Musketeers in US and Canada.
    I've had the UK Milky Way, and for some reason it was better than the 3 Musketeers made in NA, even though it is supposed to be the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Are they?

I remember comparing Mars bars from Europe with Milky Ways when I was a kid and they were different. Maybe more chocolate? We cut them up to see why we preferred one over the other. That was 15-20 years ago though.
    Theoretically they're the same, i.e. same recipe, but there probably are local differences.

As a kid, I remember driving to Whistler with my dad, and we'd stop along the way to get Mars bars. I would've sworn that they were twice as good as a Milky Way, but the going to Whistler with my dad part probably clouded my judgment.

As an adult, I've observed that chocolate (and food in general) on the east side of the Atlantic is better. Same thing could apply, but I think it actually is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    I agree, but Mars and the American Milky Way are exactly the same.

For reasons unknown, Mars Bars sold worldwide are named Milky Way in the US.
    It must have something to do with the metric system...

Royale avec fromage

Are these people going to enjoy this snow?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C0445D7B-56E3-40C3-A4F3-C830D2347B7B.jpg 
Views:	542 
Size:	768.6 KB 
ID:	352939

Will it reach upstate?

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Filson jac-shirt is the shit
    (but that’s the only item I own of theirs)

Fuk, look at the neck & jawline on that slab of a man — i need these wool bibs so I can be this manly
    Attachment 352757
    https://www.filson.com/blog/how-to/b...BoCxesQAvD_BwE

Name:	Image1608010603.428890.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	352941
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

too clean

Patrollers get rucksacks??? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20201214-214217.jpeg 
Views:	96 
Size:	80.3 KB 
ID:	352942

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Will it reach upstate?
    Depends on your definition
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Are these people going to enjoy this snow?

Name:	C0445D7B-56E3-40C3-A4F3-C830D2347B7B.jpg 
Views:	542 
Size:	768.6 KB 
ID:	352939
    They will shut everything down in most of those regions as they can't handle that quantity. Most of those places if they predict a 1/2 inch or more then everything is cancelled and closed as the storm is predicted to start as they do not have the plows or equipment to handle more than an inch or so....

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    I’ve skied with him, he seems resilient, don’t count him out yet.
    He’ll hold out until he’s down to his last $37
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by RShea View Post
    They will shut everything down in most of those regions as they can't handle that quantity. Most of those places if they predict a 1/2 inch or more then everything is cancelled and closed as the storm is predicted to start as they do not have the plows or equipment to handle more than an inch or so....
    New York? Pennsylvania? Boston? I mean DC kinda but they are barely on the map there.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Why do Nancy Pelosi’s hands suddenly make tons of gestures? Is it because she is feeling cool with her mask or because she is constantly lying? (Watch the swalwell video for reference)

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    New York? Pennsylvania? Boston? I mean DC kinda but they are barely on the map there.

Most of the southern and eastern PA with more than an inch or 2 (other than like to Poconos) - Philly for sure. South of that below the Mason Dixon- DC and Virginia, even New York City can be a problem from what I always see on the news, and any of the major metro areas that are not up in New England or further north upstate NY. 10 to 12 inches in the snow belts are just a minor inconvenience where you have to maybe wait an hour or 2 to clear the snow via plows (roads and parking lots), get the snow blowers going for the drive or a bit of shoveling the walks or a short driveway.

What makes a random question threadworthy?

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Patrollers get rucksacks??? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20201214-214217.jpeg 
Views:	96 
Size:	80.3 KB 
ID:	352942
    No not NSP.

That $400 Filson is standard issue for Volunteer Patrol Dentists.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by char_ View Post
    I have two kids in daycare that are sub-kindergarten, which is like putting a kid through college at today’s rates. Will I ever get to spend this money on something else or will other kid related things eat it right up once they are in school?
    I have one kid, and she's in public school. But it's not nearly as cheap as you'd imagine, between after school stuff and sports and the fact that the older they get, the more you have to buy good quality gear for them.

You'll be financially solvent again, but it might be a couple of decades.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Really, any thread by DSM...
    I feel like this post didn't get proper recognition. So:

Name:	clap.gif 
Views:	70 
Size:	175.8 KB 
ID:	352976
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    i was a kid recently and my parents have been quick to inform me that i was expensive as fuck.
    Especially after buying you a Folsom Mackinaw and tin pants

Who is making the best daily driver base layers... long undies, whatever you call ‘em? Bearing in mind I’m not a fan of spending money to own fancy branding, I just want durable function.

For reference, I got some LL Bean top and bottoms as a gift forever ago and I’ve skied like 1000 days in and they’re finally starting to disintegrate. They’re like fleece, just a really really thin fleece.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Who is making the best daily driver base layers... long undies, whatever you call ‘em? Bearing in mind I’m not a fan of spending money to own fancy branding, I just want durable function.

For reference, I got some LL Bean top and bottoms as a gift forever ago and I’ve skied like 1000 days in and they’re finally starting to disintegrate. They’re like fleece, just a really really thin fleece.
    capilene is generally really good stuff. some branding going on but still some really good stuff.

rei co-op is a more affordable option though i don't have any experience with their stuff.
    swing your fucking sword.

I'm not picky with base layers, generally, Costco has had some thin ones pretty cheap.

x2 on costco.

Random Unthreadworthy Questions

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post

ColdPruf two layer, merino/poly outer and poly inner. Very well made, US material sew in Central America somewhere. Comes in tall sizes too. Should be able to find the tops for around $35 and the bottoms around $30 if I remember. They also make a cotton/merino two layer like the old Duofold brand, I wear those around town daily when it’s cold. Very durable. I think ColdPruf bought the Duofold designs possibly.

The Platinum II is the poly merino stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by RShea View Post
    Yeah no. It has always snowed in the Blue Ridge, the Alleghenies, Catskills and Berkshires. Places like State College, Allentown, Bignhamton, Albany and Springfield are certainly no strangers to snow. Closer to the coast from New York up it also snows, but generally less, and true to form here in coastal Mass it's supposed to be a rain/snow event.

DC always has a hard time in big snows but they manage. Philly and NYC same deal but they get more snow than DC and presumably are also at least somewhat better-equipped. Boston will be fine with a foot, after a couple days.

But to answer the question, no, for the most part they won't enjoy it. Could be epic in the Berkshires and Southern VT though.