Page 149 of 226 FirstFirst ... 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 ... LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,725 of 5634
    Some darker piece of clothing blead in the wash onto a light colored sweater and left a darker splotchy stain on it. Washed it, noticed the prob and didn't dry it. Washed it again and the discoloration is as bad as after the initial wash. Sweater is 1/3 each merino, cotton, and poly.

Any products that'll actually fix it?
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    Some darker piece of clothing blead in the wash onto a light colored sweater and left a darker splotchy stain on it. Washed it, noticed the prob and didn't dry it. Washed it again and the discoloration is as bad as after the initial wash. Sweater is 1/3 each merino, cotton, and poly.

Any products that'll actually fix it?
    A bucket of dye.

That's actually a great god damned idea. Imma propose that plan and see if it'll pass muster.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    My RAV4 gets close to 40 mpg around town with snows on. So much better than a Prius for very little drop off in fuel efficiency.

And way less dork factor
    Hybrid Rav4? My BIL has one and I'm in the market for one now. They have them sold before they hit the door, which explains why the DB salesman I spoke with who said he would let me know sent me a price sheet for one at $10k over MSRP. I'll hold onto my 10 year old Sorento for a while until the prices come down thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by JongDoe View Post
    Hybrid Rav4? My BIL has one and I'm in the market for one now. They have them sold before they hit the door, which explains why the DB salesman I spoke with who said he would let me know sent me a price sheet for one at $10k over MSRP. I'll hold onto my 10 year old Sorento for a while until the prices come down thank you.
    Yeah. I ordered mine, but paid less than sticker for it in the summer of 2020, luckily. No way I’d pay that much for one

K2 bought Full Tilt? When the fuck did that happen?

What other acquistions have I missed?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post

You were acquired by Elon Musk. Don't leave home--or you'll find the locks changed when you get back.

Quote Originally Posted by river59 View Post
    For-profit healthcare is fucking ridiculous.
    https://youtu.be/rhvTsiod1wM

Great piece on nursing home industry by vice news. I posted in another thread a while back, but relevant here for sure.

Was just (over) thinking this: when people say they're in "their 40th year" or whatever I would assume most people mean they are 40, but shouldn't your 40th year really be when you're 39 since your first year is between birth and when you turn one?

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Was just (over) thinking this: when people say they're in "their 40th year" or whatever I would assume most people mean they are 40, but shouldn't your 40th year really be when you're 39 since your first year is between birth and when you turn one?
    I often say this to people who are a year shy of a momentous birthday (like 40), that they are in their 40th year. Because you are correct.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I'm sure most normal people never think about nor care about such trivial BS, but for some reason I can't help it.

Does Phil Rosenthal have the best job in the world?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

How do I pick the right car tires?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

Random Unthreadworthy Questions

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post

Full Tilt has been under the k2 umbrella for several years. They just basically rebranded Full Tilt to K2 - I think it was announced last winter or spring.
    They sent us a pair of these k2 “Diverge” boots a few weeks ago which I just had cooked and fitted and they are exactly the same as the boots formerly known as the Full Tilt ascendants.
    Haven’t seen any of the rebranded alpine boots in person yet but the plan was to keep things the same aside from the name
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7155.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	439470
    skid luxury

K2 was always behind Full Titl.

But, what happened to bowling?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

I was looking at a watch at Macy's yesterday and this morning received an email from Capital One Shopping that said: "Earn $143.44 in Shopping Rewards!"
    According to the Cap 1 site they will mail me a check or I can use the credit to pay for stuff purchased at Amazon. Can anyone here confirm that as with $143 credit, I will buy it.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post

You could dive in and read detailed comparison tests:

https://www.tire-reviews.com/Tire/

or you could listen to the advice of anonymous randos on the internet. What kind of tires are you looking for?

I like Tirerack reviews and buy from them often.
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    I was looking at a watch at Macy's yesterday and this morning received an email from Capital One Shopping that said: "Earn $143.44 in Shopping Rewards!"
    According to the Cap 1 site they will mail me a check or I can use the credit to pay for stuff purchased at Amazon. Can anyone here confirm that as with $143 credit, I will buy it.
    Is that an incentive they're pitching you to get a new card, or just the standard X% cash back deal? We use a Cap One Quicksilver card that gives 1.5% cash back. Can confirm they offer a number of ways to collect those cash back credits, including a check, gift certs at a few spots, etc., but I always just take it as a credit towards the next month's bill.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post

The highest rated all-season tire from whatever brand is on sale at Costco.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Thanks Dan

Consumer Reports.

Yeah, tire reviews are fixed. CR is one of the few reviewers that isn't getting compensated in some way. That said, they only do the major brands and only the "everyday" categories.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Yeah, tire reviews are fixed. CR is one of the few reviewers that isn't getting compensated in some way. That said, they only do the major brands and only the "everyday" categories.
    The do winter tires too. Michelin X-Ice is top rated. You're right about the brands.
    I'm no tire expert, but would the best tire for say a small car be the best tire for a big PU? To really know the best would you have to test every tire on every class of vehicle?

Baja style light fresh chicken tacos, or dinner tray tv dinner style meatloaf meal for Christmas for a senior? I'm torn. He's allergic to fish. I put up a proper pork green chile stew for solstice and a hudge thanksgiving turkey meal for tgiving. Leaning towards the tacos. Open to suggestions.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague