Page 148 of 226 FirstFirst ... 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 ... LastLast
Results 3,676 to 3,700 of 5637
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    ^^^ I blame repeated frost nip for that reduction in circulation. I have 1 finger that I have damaged enough that it is noticeably cooler than the adjacent digits.
    Same with my left big toe, gets cold and I lose the nail every ski season

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

What gift do you get a new adult that says congrats on adulthood? [18yo]

^^^ I blame repeated frost nip for that reduction in circulation. I have 1 finger that I have damaged enough that it is noticeably cooler than the adjacent digits.
    You might be right. It only affects to thumb and first finger of my right hand (so far). Hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Legos.

That can definitely be a cause, but it's not the cause for me, afaik. My issues are more systemic and not localized to one appendage. And I don't think I've suffered frost nip that I'm aware of.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Legos.
    [Trebek] I'm sorry, the correct answer was Hookers [/Trebek]

Male = box of condoms

Female = box of condoms

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
    Does anybody feel like they get colder the older they get?

My fucking feet are always cold skiing, never used to be, and that's just the start!

It all started when they took my appendix out six years ago; go figure.
    On any cold ski day I am wearing my Boot Gloves. They add a layer of insulation and keep the snow off of the boot tops, too.

Selective service form and voter registration form.

Or hookers.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Selective service form ….
    I forgot all about those, but I guess they’re still a thing.

Or hookers.
    Of course.

when drinking age was 18> a liter of Rum or Vodka

.....I'd go with a AAA membership for junior, dont want little jack or jill to get stuck on the roadside if there's trouble on their way up the hill
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

Finally got a heated boot bag. It's been cold lately (by California standards) and starting the day with warm feet seems to last all day.

Why are so many people so fucking stupid?

Because life is too easy

So that means the morons at the memory care facility my FIL lives at can leave him sitting in the middle of the hallway in his wheelchair while 30 of the other residents are at a Hanukkah party upstairs? There are 3 Jewish residents and the other 2 were there but these idiots left him all alone in the middle of the hall on the wrong floor.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    So that means the morons at the memory care facility my FIL lives at can leave him sitting in the middle of the hallway in his wheelchair while 30 of the other residents are at a Hanukkah party upstairs? There are 3 Jewish residents and the other 2 were there but these idiots left him all alone in the middle of the hall on the wrong floor.
    Was a resident volunteering for transport duty? It couldn't have been that long or that big of a deal.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Cold showers, dude.

I did that whole Wim Hof course several years back, and while that may be a humbling admission, I haven’t had a warm shower in seven years.

It’s like lifting weights. Or running. You can train your body to adapt to the environment. Daily cold water exposure trains your circulatory system.

Cold water is addicting, but it still sucks every morning. After seven years, I still hate entering cold water. But I’m fine within 3 seconds. And within ten seconds it feels good. And by the time my shower is finishing, I’m trying to stay. And yes, this is winter. Ground water is near freezing. Feels like needles.

But, I’m not really cold anymore. I still wear normal insulating layers like any human, but I’d be lying if I didn’t say that I can feel the benefits of cold water training. That would be like a runner saying running isn’t easier after doing it daily for years.

Cold water is actually the most brutal type of training I have ever done. Three minutes in an ice bath feels like an hour of hiking. Exhausting.
    Fuck
    That

However many are in a shit ton.

Better than the folks at the Chicago VA -- where a dead patient in a wheelchair rode the elevator up and down all day until maintenance found him in the basement at night.

Why are so many people so fucking stupid?
    Seriously!

Hookers and BLOW.

What is going on here? Hookers takes a few posts and now never piles on? Threads about the grammar of a season pass?

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Was a resident volunteering for transport duty? It couldn't have been that long or that big of a deal.
    There isn't a resident there capable of working with anybody, half of them are immobile or clueless and the others are non-communicative. When we got there there were 2 aides and another employee that knew what's up and we asked why he wasn't upstairs and they blew us off and walked away. I tried to say something but one waved me off and went into a room and closed the door. If the chef hadn't come to get something he needed for dinner and saw me about to pop and asked us if we'd like to take him to the party I probably would've ended up banned from the place. You'd think for over $10k/mo people would at least try to do their jobs but no...

Tomorrow is gonna suck because I'm going to lose it on the director (on her third day in the job) if she doesn't bring the staff in to explain why they treated him and us the way they did.

Shit gravity, sorry to read that. We're having similar issues with my mom. Good help is very hard to find these days.
    Last edited by Ted Striker; 12-19-2022 at 08:34 PM.

Gravity-

If I were in your shoes (assuming you are suspicious of the care being provided), I would make unscheduled visits. Note anything out of the ordinary for your FIL and other residents. Assuming you are in the states, look up your state's long term care ombudsman's office and file reports. They will follow through and make unscheduled inspections.

That 10k per month is not going to those aides, that's for damn sure. CNAs and other unlicensed assistive personnel are basically making minimum wage, severely understaffed, and being asked to do a whole hell of a lot for people who can't care for themselves in LTC or SNFs. Many of them care dearly for residents and work their asses off. Some are burned out pieces of shit that do barely enough to get by because the facilities are so short staffed that they won't get fired.

Definitely call out inappropriate staff behavior to the director and make it known that you are going to report your experiences/suspicions to the proper authorities. Hell, ask the director to provide you with the contact info for the authorities in your meeting.

For-profit healthcare is fucking ridiculous.

Thanks guys. It's hard to watch, even harder because places like this are supposed to be "premium" care facilities.

Sorry to have hijacked the thread but it really set me off.

Is Lebron doing Lilly? There sure seems to be some chemistry there.
    Last edited by Fred Pabst; 12-19-2022 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by river59 View Post
    For-profit healthcare is fucking ridiculous.
    That is pretty much all that needs to be said.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.