Page 115 of 226 FirstFirst ... 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,875 of 5637
    Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    Are you referring to a potato shortage, or are you buying some kind of pre-made, bagged "hashbrowns"?

Buy potatoes.

Make hash browns.

#problemsolved

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    Actually the raw potatoes aren't looking that great around here either. But yes I've been cooking with raw potatoes since I was 12.
    Frozen hashies are a fun convenient treat in the morning so it's a pleasure I indulge. Fairly sure packaged hash browns are more of a pure potato product vs frozen french fries, but I'm open to input on that.

Edit, and wait, are you saying you don't eat potato chips? More power to you if you don't, because I don't for the most part. Potato chips like 3-4 times a year when they come with a sandwich. Horrible food choice. Frozen hash browns on the other hand, I'm inclined to think are real food.
    Last edited by Rideski; 06-08-2022 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlMega View Post
    So door bell rings. Kid at the door asks me if I drive the old Suburban I have. Not much. He then goes into how he has $$ cash and would like to buy it. Long story short, I don't need the car and his situation is - kicked out of house, sort of staying with friends - basically homeless. Needs Suburban to sleep in and drive to work. Honestly seemed like an ok kid. He's 16 fucking years old. Shitty situation. I considered selling it to him but he's a freakin minor who will probably never register it and potentially run someone over because he's 16 and that vehicle is a handful. Told him I'll get back to him but probably no. Thoughts?
    Do what I did, tell him you'll sell it to him in a couple years. Then when he shows up with the cash and says I'm here to buy your truck, count the money. Then tell him to learn to count and come back another time.

Then he got a job working on a reservoir rebuild, got drunk, and totaled it in a ditch. Put a new motor in it when he was a ranch hand in Yampa, totaled it again, and then he beat his kids, got divorced, and generally turned out to be a complete DB. So, my advice, don't bother.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

In California there's a form you send to the DMV--I think you can do it online--when you sell a car, telling the DMV the car isn't yours any more, in case the new owner doesn't register it. You don't have to go to the DMV, thank the lord. Obviously it depends on the state.

Hmmmm. I may tell him I want to be paid in hashbrowns and potatoes. Current market value, no negotiations.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Too late for the gf, but maybe still a useful article? https://www.cpr.org/2022/06/08/tow-c...otice-new-law/
    Thanks. Appears we are not the only people that felt Wyatt's Towing went around the rules.
    https://www.denverpost.com/2021/11/2...ng-complaints/

How many people have actually pm'ed rontele when given that suggestion?

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    I think you'd have to ask rontele, PM him.

Quote Originally Posted by krp8128 View Post
    I think you'd have to ask rontele, PM him.
    Intriguing.

Plumbing Jong here. Water supply to toilet is on as is the water in the house but the toilet is not filling up??? I guess the mechanism in the toilet is bad/blocked? Just replace it or could it be something else?
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Plumbing Jong here. Water supply to toilet is on as is the water in the house but the toilet is not filling up??? I guess the mechanism in the toilet is bad/blocked? Just replace it or could it be something else?
    It'll almost certainly be the float valve.

I'll bet one of the crossbeams has come out askew on the treadle.

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    That's what I said.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    I'll bet one of the crossbeams has come out askew on the treadle.
    Yes.

What's a tasty, non-alcoholic summer drink?

Haven't had booze since April and want to stick it out some more but missing G&T etc.

Homemade lemonade. (It helps that we have a very productive lemon tree).

I am partial to the Arnold Palmer.

Lemonade and Ice Tea. Some like to use sweet tea, I can handle 50/50 tea but sweet tea is a bit too much.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Random Unthreadworthy Questions

Haven't had booze since April and want to stick it out some more but missing G&T etc.
    I basically take good sparkling water, then add a couple dashes of bitters, and some citrus like a lime/lemon wedge to substitute the gin and sodas I like. You could probably use tonic here instead with good results.

Lagunitas makes something called Hop Water I think, that’s zero alcohol and no calories. It’s not beer-like, but fills the hole.

Athletic brewing had NA beers that are OK, but it’s sort of in the uncanny valley of fake beers.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    I once asked him, it's definitely not zero.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Spindrift is what you’re looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Spindrift is what you’re looking for.
    Nope, too sweet and not enough carbonation.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I once asked him, it's definitely not zero.
    Lol.

I was parking a friends truck today. When I left the steering wheel about 1 turn off of neutral he had me back up, recenter and straighten the wheel to the neutral position.

He said that having the wheel turned off from neutral while parked was hard on the CV joints?

Bueller?
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    I was parking a friends truck today. When I left the steering wheel about 1 turn off of neutral he had me back up, recenter and straighten the wheel to the neutral position.

He said that having the wheel turned off from neutral while parked was hard on the CV joints?

Bueller?
    I’m going to call bullshit on that one. If the CV can’t withstand just sitting there, how the hell would it hold up under dynamic loading when actually turning, accelerating, running into shit, etc.

Does he think the balls are getting pressed into the races like a Mohs hardness test? Going to prematurely wear the boot even though it’s just sitting in a slightly flexed state?

I could see parking it with one wheel up on the snow bank like a tool being bad, but yeah, 1 degree? No way