FOUND : Lightweight Touring Boots, Size 25

FOUND

Deleted other thread. After further investigation it looks like my daughter needs a 25. So...if anyone is holding a lightweight touring boot in decent shape she could use for a NOLS trip in Idaho, that would be great. The boots she has aren't gonna cut it, and we are trying to avoid purchasing new. She's got a skinny, low volume foot, and we usually have to do some doctoring anyway with shims, etc.
    Thanks
    Last edited by milestogo; 12-15-2020 at 11:46 AM.

PM sent.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Hey Miles I have a few options that might work for you.

Just a quick question Miles, if she often needs shimming...has she/have_you considered downsizing to begin with...then starting the hunt or having a bootfitter make room?

Quote Originally Posted by steved View Post
    Just a quick question Miles, if she often needs shimming...has she/have_you considered downsizing to begin with...then starting the hunt or having a bootfitter make room?
    Have not. I have found with shimming under a wrap liner does the trick of taking up the necessary volume as long as we start with the right boot. This situation is a little different though because the boots need to be big enough for touring for a couple week expedition, so they need to have more room than performance fit so her feet stay warm...

I have a pair of older 24.5 Garmont Megarides with intuition liners I'd give up for cheap. Let me know if interested.
    "College degree. Good job. Big house. We all make mistakes..."

www.lizmarshall.zenfolio.com

Quote Originally Posted by SherpaStyle View Post
    I have a pair of older 24.5 Garmont Megarides with intuition liners I'd give up for cheap. Let me know if interested.
    Hey thanks. I think I am all set for now. Made a deal yesterday.