Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Prodigys fit me well, but my last pair is finally toast. Anyone with a similar Prodigy shaped face able to compare size with the various current options?

I'm in the same boat. From what I read above in dcpnz's post, the IO might be small in comparison to the Phenom/Prodigy. Would love confirmation, though.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by optics View Post
    Fify

Well played, sir!
    Gravity. It's the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    Some lenses are bigger than others
    Perfect
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by sethschmautz View Post
    I'm in the same boat. From what I read above in dcpnz's post, the IO might be small in comparison to the Phenom/Prodigy. Would love confirmation, though.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
    Well I dunno if this helps but... top to bottom phenom, i/o, i/o mag xl

The i/o looks roughly same or bigger than the phenom but the curvature is different and I think thicker from foam to lens so on my face feels smaller and visibility is narrower. The i/o mag xl really is quite a bit bigger and more bug eye but for me fits best and provides best visibility.

Obviously your face ain't my face so YMMV

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201210_124611.jpeg 
Views:	105 
Size:	52.6 KB 
ID:	352266

Ordered a Squad XL, I'll report back as to size v. phenom if anyone is interested.

Almost went for the Squad Mag, if the colors were more appealing I might have. I just don't swap lenses enough to make the MAG thing worth the $, I'll be in a low light lens until March

I ended up ordering a Squad, not XL.. will share size comparison with the old Prodigy when they arrive..

Squad XL is not huge. I wear a L Pret helmet and they work well. I do have a larger head/face but they are by no means way oversized. I used to wear the I/o and the xl fits my helmet and face considerably better. That being said, I have a pair of camo Scotty Lago I/O for sale, like new with 2 lenses.

love my ioxes! ordered them direct from the us. they were not available in yrop... cost me like 30bugs shipping!
    worth every penny
    Last edited by nordekette; 04-05-2022 at 04:11 PM.

I ended up ordering a pair of IO7s. From what I could find on the interwebz they were a fit in between the IO and the IOX. I was looking hard at the Squad and that would have been my next choice if the offer for the IOs wasn't accepted on eBay.

I'll try to provide some feedback also on the fitment.

FWIW, I have a small face (wear a size small helmet in every brand) and the I/OX work well for me. I find the I/O FOV to be too small, but that’s personal preference.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by davjr96 View Post
    I had i/o7s for years until eventually the foam fell off. Loved them, never had any fit or fogging issues so take the rest as you will. Changing lenses was a pain. Recently upgraded to the 4D mag through work. Lens swap is seconds. The 4D field of view is a minor difference. Not a game-changer but not a gimmick either. No fogging issues while wearing an OR Ubertube filter mask thingy.

Is the bottom edge of your field of view distorted much due to the lens' curvature?

Is there a clear winner in the "biggest FoV" for these goggles,,, or any non-Smiths?

All these Smiths...iox vs io7 vs io mag vs 4d mag..

As has been mentioned, the 4Ds are definitely no game changer but it is nice having that increases FOV downwards (slight distortion when you’re thinking about it but not noticeable when skiing), the increased FOV noticeable when messing with sternum straps or Napoleon pockets on your jacket. In theory Smith is calling the 4Ds a Medium/Large fit while the IOMagXLs are Large and switching both back and forth repeatedly I find FOV between both to be very similar. In practice I find when looking upwards and wearing the XL with a helmet, the helmet would push the goggles down hence my decision to go 4Ds in the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by robnow; 12-15-2020 at 12:12 PM.

Squad vs Phenom, I think XL means extra lens. EDIT: XL does mean larger but MD/LG compared to MD for the Squad. Regular Squad comes with a spare lens but it's the yellow one I'd never use.

I like my choice of model, not sure about the red with my lime green helmet tho

Name:	IMG_0537.JPG 
Views:	75 
Size:	206.7 KB 
ID:	353407

Name:	IMG_0538.JPG 
Views:	88 
Size:	193.5 KB 
ID:	353408

Sent from the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen
    Last edited by ticketchecker; 12-18-2020 at 10:24 AM.

Just got my Squads and size L Vantage. Unfortunately both are too small, even though I measured my big ass head and the sizing chart told me to get a large.

Sending back both for the XL Vantage and Squad XL.

Its a pain in the ass, as I hate shipping. Hopefully it all works out.

Smith crusty service said they don't do exchanges, so I need to return then re-buy.. thats a bummer, as it could be way easier.

If I didn't have the mag hookup FnF 40% I'd be annoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    Just got my Squads and size L Vantage. Unfortunately both are too small, even though I measured my big ass head and the sizing chart told me to get a large.

Sending back both for the XL Vantage and Squad XL.

Its a pain in the ass, as I hate shipping. Hopefully it all works out.

Smith crusty service said they don't do exchanges, so I need to return then re-buy.. thats a bummer, as it could be way easier.

If I didn't have the mag hookup FnF 40% I'd be annoyed.
    My vantage packed out a ton. Was super tight for like 2 days, now it’s great.

Quote Originally Posted by optics View Post
    My vantage packed out a ton. Was super tight for like 2 days, now it’s great.
    Yup.
    I was convinced Smith sizing chart was whack on the Vantage. Was going to give it to one of the kids but decided to try it for a day or two first. Really uncomfortably tight for two days, now perfect.

Thx guys, glad to hear it. Gonna keep it and see how things go

Went from the phenom > vice. Now considering the skyline XL. May sound silly, but I'm sick of the clip on the back of my goggles, so the prospect of the skyline XL will upgrade me to chromapop as well as no strap clip.

Halfway considering the squads, but it seems weird to go back to a flat lens.

Anyone have some fit comparisons to either the phenom or vice?

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk