Page 678 of 929 FirstFirst ... 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 ... LastLast
Results 16,926 to 16,950 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    @Uglymoney: Encourage monoclonal antibody therapy! ASAP! 78 qualifies! cancer patient on therapies qualifies!

Pentagon Says It Can Overrule Oklahoma Guard on Vaccinations
    Affirmative on her and it is helping. Not sure on 78 yo.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-...reak-1.6250957

at least they died doing something they loved
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-...reak-1.6250957

at least they died doing something they loved
    "told his parishioners this week that what happened is "unfortunate," but it is all part of God's plan."

My GF and I are both fully vaccinated. She's been feeling like shit for two days and got tested today. Sure enough, she's positive. We think she got it at the local ski education foundation fundraiser last week. A couple hundred people were packed into a small area.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    We think she got it at the local ski education foundation fundraiser last week. A couple hundred people were packed into a small area.
    Indoors or outside mostly? Were folks wearing masks? Hope she clears it quickly. You should also get tested a few times. You can have it show up to 2 weeks after she has been cleared. My symptoms hit 3 days after taking the mask off when the contact tracers told me wife should be safe, no longer contagious at 10 days. They were wrong.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

You’ll probably get it too. Load up on vitamins and take it easy. In my small sample size, it seemed to hit hardest the people that were worn down.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    There is ZERO basis for fertility concerns.

Long term complications or death from Covid on the otherhand....

Thank you -

. . . I believe this is 'fear mongering' on the order of magnitude of ' the vaccine kills children' .

no. and no.

one cannot disprove something that does not exist. ... in five years ?
    Same thing - when they have established the vaccine is the cause, That's the starting point.

... fear mongering. tj
    Last edited by skiJ; 11-17-2021 at 11:31 AM.

My GF and I are both fully vaccinated. She's been feeling like shit for two days and got tested today. Sure enough, she's positive. We think she got it at the local ski education foundation fundraiser last week. A couple hundred people were packed into a small area.
    I think that makes up my mind on a couple of upcoming events that will be inside with a ton of people. Avy awareness night is always fun, and a friend's 40th at a bar might be fun too, but not worth it, even with the vax.

Hope you don't get it and she recovers quickly

yeah (yes) - ugly- and kevo,

' hope those dear to you pull through, And
    seconded on the monoclonal antibodies ( And early intervention is better ! )

Good luck ! tj

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    I'd like to kick somebody in the nuts for creating that fake. And call anyone who perpetuated it an asshole, Asshole.
    Hahahaha. "Fake"? Nobody's trying to pass that off as real, you know. It's called satirical comedy. What, you also think this one's also a "fake"?

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    I think that makes up my mind on a couple of upcoming events that will be inside with a ton of people. Avy awareness night is always fun, and a friend's 40th at a bar might be fun too, but not worth it, even with the vax.

Hope you don't get it and she recovers quickly
    Beginning to think CAIC Benefit Bash may have come back a year early....

Arrrrrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! There is a woman on a community FB page who keeps posting false story after false story about how the vax is killing people and that Covid is a lie. I have reported her posts time and time again to FB yet there they stand. She urges people to share and share again to get the word out.

WTF FB?

I've got a friend who continually ends up in FB jail for calling Melania Trump a Slovakian whore and yet thi,s which is cause far more damage, is just stilling there getting shared.

In other news... got flu shot today. Arm hurts, neck stiff. Lordy I'm sick of getting jabbed.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Thanks all. The event we went to was indoors. When we got there and it started to fill up, my GF and I joked that it was a super spreader fundraiser.

I feel like people are too quick to want to get back to normal life at the moment. We didn't consider the event to be a risk because we are vaccinated, but I guess it was.

Taking a step back may be the way to go. That said, I have no idea if covid will ever truly go away.

This probably is going to ruin Wooleys day.
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/enter...le/8640024002/

@summit and other medical folks- is monoclonal antibody therapy approved/recommended for breakthrough infection?

I am shocked at the number of people in this thread in favor of shunning those from society (and the ski hill) who choose not to be vaccinated. Really didn't expect that.

If by "shunning" you mean not being a childish fool, needlessly risking the health of yourself and those around you, then ....... yeah.

Shocking.

Thanks all. The event we went to was indoors. When we got there and it started to fill up, my GF and I joked that it was a super spreader fundraiser.

I feel like people are too quick to want to get back to normal life at the moment. We didn't consider the event to be a risk because we are vaccinated, but I guess it was.

Taking a step back may be the way to go. That said, I have no idea if covid will ever truly go away.
    Masks, no masks, fifty fifty??
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    If by "shunning" you mean not being a childish fool, needlessly risking the health of yourself and those around you, then ....... yeah.

Shocking.
    I'm shocked at the people who are shocked I would prefer them to wear a mask rather than cough in my face in the tram unprotected. shocked!
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

@summit and other medical folks- is monoclonal antibody therapy approved/recommended for breakthrough infection?
    I was wondering that too. Hypothetically it should work for people who do not produce antibodies well on their own.
    Here's a preprint that popped up. https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....19.21265222v1 but note who funds the principle investigator.
    Here's an anecdotal.case https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34271202/

Quote Originally Posted by m5d5cb View Post
    I am shocked at the number of people in this thread in favor of shunning those from society (and the ski hill) who choose not to be vaccinated. Really didn't expect that.

Monoclonal antibodies are really only necessary if case is severe enough to warrant hospitalization. Maybe search for the new Pfizer pill. When taken at the onset of symptoms it’s 90 percent effective at keeping those who are ill out of the hospital. That said I have no idea where a person can get it and I’m an electrician.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    Monoclonal antibodies are really only necessary if case is severe enough to warrant hospitalization.
    That is NOT correct. We actually have evidence that mAB don't do much by the time someone is that sick. The point is to give mAB *early* to people who are high risk but who have mild/moderate illness BEFORE it might progress to hospitalization/death.

Being vaccinated is NOT a contraindication for mAB. You absolutely can get mAB if you are vaccinated, get a breakthrough case, and meet the criteria (risk factors/timing/age).

You can also use 1 mAB (Regen-COV) for post exposure prophylaxis in high risk not-fully vaccinated individuals, or those who are fully vaccinated but not expected to mount a full response (eg immunocompromised, but there is insufficient supply and resources for this.

All that being said, mAB is expensive, resource intensive, and limited in supply. Vaccination is better, and if the Pfizer oral antiviral combo works as they claim, it will be superior to mAB.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

to my reading, the pill was to prevent virus replication - potentially effective post-infection, pre-disease...

I have not yet been able to access goat's links, but it is my understanding antibodies are still the effective medical treatment of choice.

Good luck. tj
    Last edited by skiJ; 11-17-2021 at 11:30 AM.

see Summit's post ^^^. tj

The pills are not yet in play. They don't have EUA.

They may prove useful to give post-exposure as well as early-disease course much like Oseltamivir (Tamiflu).

The fact that they are easy, low resource, and cheap (compared to mAB) while being effective is very promising.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.