Page 618 of 929 FirstFirst ... 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 ... LastLast
Results 15,426 to 15,450 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Does that mean it can't? Or is such a thing just "off label?"

Props to a client's HR department for getting the word out on this--email came out 8 hours ago announcing every employee was eligible for a boost. Bizarro World.
    I don't think there would be any legal obstacle to hybrid vaccination. Big health systems, public health depts etc will follow the CDC's recommendations. Individual docs and perhaps some university depts etc will make their own decisions. I could certainly see young women who survived a J and J getting something else for the second dose.

That HR dept jumped the gun a little I believe--the FDA still has to meet and decide to accept the panel's recommendation and then the CDC has to make its recommendation, which Walensky then has to approve. Pretty sure it's a done deal though.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    FDA panel recommends a second J and J dose for everyone who got a first one, 2 months after the first. They discussed but did not vote up or down on whether to the second could or should be an mRNA vaccine.
    They are just following my lead.

I do wish I could have gotten the half dose of Moderna for my second (third, if you count the J&J) jab. Side effects were a bitch and lasted 3 days. Combining it with the flu shot may not have been the best plan.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Arm is still sore at 28hrs starting 12 hours after pfizer#3. Felt a little feverish but not enough to check my temp. It is after all 72°F outside in VT in October. Feeling a little run down and tired but not terrible. Got my arm moving around yesterday by doing some Nordic Walking. On-call today so I can't leave the property.

Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    They are just following my lead.

I do wish I could have gotten the half dose of Moderna for my second (third, if you count the J&J) jab. Side effects were a bitch and lasted 3 days. Combining it with the flu shot may not have been the best plan.
    My shingles 1 shot made me tired for three days. Also glad I didn't get it with the flu shot. I got it Friday and it wasn't till Tuesday that I was fully back to normal. Flu shot didn't effect me at all.

As soon as the 11 year old can get her Pfizer we are getting it. Probabky going to go with a 30 day interval instead of 20 for dose 2.

Thoughts on extending the interval to the standard Moderna interval anyone? It just seems to make sense. Especially given that she will be getting a neutered kids sized dose, not the full Pfizer dose.

I believe the reports I read for adults was second dose at 30 - 60 days provided comparable immunity with fewer 'side effects' .

- emphasis - these were adult vaccinations --

tj

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Thoughts on extending the interval to the standard Moderna interval anyone?
    The safest plan is to ignore the advice of internet strangers and do what the manufacturer/FDA recommends. That said, there are two main opposing things to consider. The first is the more time between doses, waiting a month or more according to research, the better the immune response.

The second consideration, which goes against the first, is the first dose or prime dose provides significantly less protection than full prime+boost vaccination. A breakthrough infection is much more likely to occur in a partially or recently vaccinated person than it is for a fully vaccinated person several weeks after a second dose, regardless of dose interval.
    Last edited by MultiVerse; 10-16-2021 at 08:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    I believe the reports I read for adults was second dose at 30 - 60 days provided comparable immunity with fewer 'side effects' .

- emphasis - these were adult vaccinations --

tj
    Do you have any sources you can cite for fewer side effects? I've been looking for evidence of that and it seems like Canada and the UK should have it but I haven't found it directly.

If that proves true, taking a longer interval may be an offramp for some of the obstinate and a confidence builder for the fearful. First shot ASAP wouldn't hurt, either.

Yeah, it is 10 days of measurably increased risk, mitigated because we still have mask mandates at school....tenuous at best since we are relying on a court order...and as a family we are all taking extra precautions...then potentially months of a little less risk with our family letting our guard down and living an immersed life. Countering that is the infection environment might be better in the future (ie less community covid) than now.

People smarter than me said 20 days. But since then a lot has happened. But the CDC and Pfizer are less flexible to change the interval than I am.

As an 11 year old her risk of severe illness/death isn't huge to begin with. So the first dose should get us to a safer place than it would a 50 yo since the starting line is different. /conjecture

Thanks for the input. Going to continue think on this.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

I feel for you folks having to manage this with younger kids. That dynamic changes everything post adult and older teen vaccines. Hoping they can (and will) all get the jabs ASAP.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

jono-

might take me 'til morning to look --

tj

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Do you have any sources you can cite for fewer side effects? I've been looking for evidence of that and it seems like Canada and the UK should have it but I haven't found it directly.

If that proves true, taking a longer interval may be an offramp for some of the obstinate and a confidence builder for the fearful. First shot ASAP wouldn't hurt, either.
    it was 4 months to get #2 pfizer shot up here but not for any reason except that there wasnt enough vax so they stretched out what they did have to get more of #1 in people
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Arm is still sore at 28hrs starting 12 hours after pfizer#3. Felt a little feverish but not enough to check my temp. It is after all 72°F outside in VT in October. Feeling a little run down and tired but not terrible. Got my arm moving around yesterday by doing some Nordic Walking. On-call today so I can't leave the property.
    Happy for you. My body quickly recognized the invaders in Pfizer#3 and mounted an intense, two day, near-nuclear mission to repel.

I'd be fine with a couple days of fever to avoid a ventilator. Neither the virus on December 2020 nor the doses of Moderna did much to me. Lost smell for 5-6 days with COVID. Still thinking it is possible I had COVID when I was sick early Feb of 2020. Daughter and I both got something really nasty about that time.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    I'd be fine with a couple days of fever to avoid a ventilator.
    Word.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Got my arm moving around yesterday by doing some “Nordic Walking”. .
    Sure, sure…furious ”nordic walking” no doubt

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Sure, sure…furious ”nordic walking” no doubt
    Shot was in my right arm. I masturbate with my left. Nordic walking was the ticket. It wasn't that furious.

My kid in the Air Force got Pfizers originally. They decided he needed a booster--because he's a HCW I guess. He got Moderna because that's what they had. I don't know what dose.

Wife and I both got J & J in March. Next day she was flat on her back, I hiked the Bowl.
    Thursday I got full strength Moderna and Flu shot. Arms were sore and I was a little fatigued Friday. Felt great since.

Lol, this trash showed up in my Google feed. What’s next, Marjorie Taylor Greene donation solicitations?

https://www.americanthinker.com/arti...very_week.html
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Pfizer #3 for me yesterday; Minor injection site soreness, NBD.

The Unvaccinated May Not Be Who You Think

NYT opinion columnist offers a more nuanced breakdown of vaccine hesitancy in the U.S., based on her research. Interesting read.

The Unvaccinated May Not Be Who You Think

Almost 95 percent of those over 65 in the United States have received at least one dose. This is a remarkable number, given that polling has shown that this age group is prone to online misinformation, is heavily represented among Fox News viewers and is more likely to vote Republican.

Along with the recognition of greater risk, access to regular health care may be an important explanation of why those over 65 are the most-vaccinated demographic in the country. They have Medicare.

Research showed the most powerful predictor of who remained unvaccinated was not age, politics, race, income or location, but the lack of health insurance.

One reason for low vaccination rates in rural areas may be that they are “health care and media” deserts with few reliable local news outlets.

Then there is the health system’s long-documented mistreatment of Black people (and other minorities) in this country. Black people are less likely to be given pain medication or even treatment for life-threatening emergencies, for instance. In New York, for example, only 42 percent of African Americans of all ages (and 49 percent among adults) are fully vaccinated — the lowest rate among all demographic groups tracked by the city.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/15/o...smid=url-share

I live in the covid hotspot of BC which isn't much different than the USA

AND its vax deniers both christian and recovering hippie who have money, access to good universal HC, free vax shots, easy acess to the good MD's who are telling them to get the shot

and when they get covid they are shipped 800 kms away to vancover/ vancover island ' cuz local HC can't deal with it
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

US ranks 45th in the world for vaccination at the moment, Canada is 12. So despite your experience in rural BC, looking at the big picture, this corroborates the finding that the most powerful predictor of who remained unvaccinated is lack of access to health care.

Black people and rural people have similar obstacles to getting vaccinated--poor access to health care in general, poor access to nearby vaccination sites, poor internet access (is there anyone here who did not use the internet to get vaccinated?) It is no accident that the southern states, with low covid vaccination rates and high rural populations, have poorer health care and health outcomes in general. Is the problem Trumpism, or is it poverty? Some of both, of course, but I say much more of the latter. (BTW, the same discrepancy in covid vax rates between whites and POC applies to flu vaccination as well, and to mammograms.)