Page 45 of 929 FirstFirst ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    You mean that our federal government should finally get its shit together and pass laws that reduce our freedumbs to mitigate the spread of covid and save lives :P

For Sweden, better late than never. For us, we can only hope!
    at 1086 deaths per million Sweden is the suck and you can read articla by swede MD's who admit as much

not as bad as america but the swedish model was still a giant failure
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Trying to help parents get signed up for the vaccine is like explaining how to set the VCR clock over the phone.

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    at 1086 deaths per million Sweden is the suck and you can read articla by swede MD's who admit as much

not as bad as america but the swedish model was still a giant failure
    I get that and agree and understand. My point being that sweden just now (finally) passed laws that can allow the government to lockdown in various ways.

https://www.businessinsider.com/swed...th-toll-2021-1

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco View Post
    Trying to help parents get signed up for the vaccine is like explaining how to set the VCR clock over the phone.
    LOL!
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by mfcf13 View Post
    Hey CuntuckyFried. Michele Obama tried to launch a national campaign called "Let's Move" that emphasized nutrition and exercise. Republicans lost their shit and screamed about the "Nanny State" at the mere mention of having healthier lunch options in the schools. Similarly, soda taxes in cities like NYC and Seattle got huge pushback. I wonder how those proposals would go over in "MUH Freedoms!" TX cities?

Your suggestion that healthier lifestyles would improve health outcomes is accurate (and obvious). But it ain't going to happen when many people in this country view health policies as a secret plot by communists to take away their freedom. Any Biden proposal on nutrition policy is going to be immediately met with: "First they came for my hamburgers, then they came for my guns!"
    All respect to Michelle Obama for her effort, but there's a big difference between the message coming from the First Lady during a "normal" time and what could have come from a health official like Dr. Fauci during a pandemic, doncha think?

You are correct that there would be huge blowback from idiots everywhere. It's one of the reasons that there needs to be a CULTURAL shift. That can come from everyday folks like you and me. From getting the message out grassroots style. I've seen a thousand billboards this year saying simply mentioning masks. I haven't seen squat about personal health on a billboard yet. This is where our health officials HAVE failed us immensely. They have not effectively been getting the word out to put down the Big Gulp and go for a hike. Instead it's been "Stay the hell at home and slow the spread." Yeah, that ain't helping. See: LA

BTW, about gyms. FWIW, in Japan, they allowed to gyms to reopen back in JUNE. What's wrong with us?

Dr Fauci suggesting we eat better and workout? Trump would have figured out how to fire him for that kind of blasphemy. That tub of lard couldn't walk a mile if he needed to.

BTW our complete refusal to take actions to protect our society is why.

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Dr Fauci suggesting we eat better and workout? Trump would have figured out how to fire him for that kind of blasphemy. That tub of lard couldn't walk a mile if he needed to.

BTW our complete refusal to take actions to protect our society is why.
    Sigh... You're not wrong.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by wkd-rdr View Post
    Took the night off of work, but much better today. Had another spat of chills and aches last night, but took a gummie and finally was able to sleep.
    It was about 30 hours of ickiness, but.. I'm fucking immune now! (I know, in 10 -14 days).
    Word.

Arm is still kinda sore (hot tub helped), but otherwise feeling normal.

Achey and sore from pre-vaccine mat work (went big, anticipating being too achey from the shot to train. sigh)
    north bound horse.

“We need to lockdown to flatten the curve and gather resources and not overwhelm our hospitals and buy time for vaccine development and treatment protocols.

- That is except for gyms because all of a sudden everyone who wants to exercise can’t unless it’s indoors, they have to pay for it, and it has to be in a crowded space.

No - this is not some mixed message - if you are indoors with strangers sweating all over the equipment and breathing heavy and gathering in change rooms you are doing it right. But otherwise maintain physical distancing and stay in your household bubble and get your groceries delivered etc.

Don’t worry if you get covid at the gym - your decades of poor lifestyle poses no risk now that you’re getting on that stair master.

Pandemic solved - why didn’t the decades of knowledge gained through study by experts (and the previous pandemics) figure this out sooner? It’s so simple.”

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco View Post
    Amen. I had to sign up my Mom online, no way she could have done it herself. Besides other issues, it was like trying to buy Tool concert tickets in 2018, the second you picked a spot and pressed Submit, the spot was gone. Easier to do it myself than explain how the internet works.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    “We need to lockdown to flatten the curve and gather resources and not overwhelm our hospitals and buy time for vaccine development and treatment protocols.

- That is except for gyms because all of a sudden everyone who wants to exercise can’t unless it’s indoors, they have to pay for it, and it has to be in a crowded space.

No - this is not some mixed message - if you are indoors with strangers sweating all over the equipment and breathing heavy and gathering in change rooms you are doing it right.”
    i wana go to the gym for ACL rehab but its closed, fortunatley my PT has some equipment in his officeI can use , the cost is folded into all the money i pay him
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    BTW, about gyms. FWIW, in Japan, they allowed to gyms to reopen back in JUNE. What's wrong with us?
    Too much community spread to be able to contact trace here, no testing, non-compliant populace, you name it. Australia's music festivals are basically a victory party: no virus in genpop = back to normal.

When Ron finds this thread he can tell us the reverse is true and the only reason they don't have virus in safer places is because they went back to normal. In the meantime, the lack of mental gymnastics is kinda relaxing.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    His focus is on “long Covid” and the effects on lung function.
    Sweet - Hook us up with his findings, if he reaches any conclusions?

Am fit and healthy, but I got scared internetting about some of the long-term effects, lungs specifically. My lungs I have plans for the next 60 years. Big part of why I vaccinated - that part seemed to be an unkown.
    north bound horse.

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleOfNight View Post
    Word.

Arm is still kinda sore (hot tub helped), but otherwise feeling normal.

Achey and sore from pre-vaccine mat work (went big, anticipating being too achey from the shot to train. sigh)
    Moderna or Pfeizer?
    1st or 2nd?
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

Quote Originally Posted by wkd-rdr View Post
    Moderna or Pfeizer?
    1st or 2nd?
    Moderna, 2nd.
    north bound horse.

Moderna, 2nd.
    Did we go to the same superspreader clinic at VH?
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

Sweet - Hook us up with his findings, if he reaches any conclusions?

Am fit and healthy, but I got scared internetting about some of the long-term effects, lungs specifically. My lungs I have plans for the next 60 years. Big part of why I vaccinated - that part seemed to be an unkown.
    Last we discussed, he told me that the UK was conducting a larger and better funded study, but his may be more nuanced focused on high level athletes.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Amen. I had to sign up my Mom online, no way she could have done it herself. Besides other issues, it was like trying to buy Tool concert tickets in 2018, the second you picked a spot and pressed Submit, the spot was gone. Easier to do it myself than explain how the internet works.
    Jebbus I (and my mother) got lucky. Staff at her retirement complex knocked on her door and asked if she wanted to get vaccinated. She said "yes" and they gave her the jab. I'm still amazed at the whole thing. She's in an independent living complex not a long term care facility (she is 90yo). It does have an assisted side but that is it. No nursing. So thankful. As for me it's looking like I won't be able to line up for the jab until late Summer/early Fall

As far as vaccination plans go in W2 there isn't really one but they are trying. The other day for some reason Providence St. Mary's contacted an Adventist church in College Place and said "hey... would your parishioners like to get the vax? Church personnel sent out emails and word spread like wildfire. Needless to say many were not happy that it seemed as if that one church was getting preferential treatment but you've got to start somewhere I suppose.

'Pop-up' vaccine distribution event draws crowd in College Place
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Jebbus I (and my mother) got lucky. Staff at her retirement complex knocked on her door and asked if she wanted to get vaccinated. She said "yes" and they gave her the jab. I'm still amazed at the whole thing. She's in an independent living complex not a long term care facility (she is 90yo). It does have an assisted side but that is it. No nursing. So thankful. As for me it's looking like I won't be able to line up for the jab until late Summer/early Fall

As far as vaccination plans go in W2 there isn't really one but they are trying. The other day for some reason Providence St. Mary's contacted an Adventist church in College Place and said "hey... would your parishioners like to get the vax? Church personnel sent out emails and word spread like wildfire. Needless to say many were not happy that it seemed as if that one church was getting preferential treatment but you've got to start somewhere I suppose.

'Pop-up' vaccine distribution event draws crowd in College Place
    Awesome! My mom is 87. She lives alone, I gotta help her on things like this. She goes shopping A LOT which is super stressful for me though. The independent streak she has is the extremely admirable, what I hope my daughters learn from her and what I love about her most...until a pandemic happened.

My very healthy sister in law and brother in law, neither of whom are in any sort of first responder or public role, are 42 and they got jabbed by jumping in a random line in Seattle one night. SIL made the mistake of putting this fact on FB and got a decent ration of shit. I have no clue how this is being launched in Seattle as I expect to simply wait it out until my number appears to be called, but it sure seemed like a haphazard way to go about administration.

Just happy that my 70 year old mother, who is a cancer survivor and volunteers in Hospice and my MIL, also 70 and cancer survivor, are signed up.

Where am I saying in here to do nothing? Please. Enlighten me.
    Well doy. It's a type of coronavirus, as is the common cold. It was bound to mutate at warp speed. It's precisely why we can't get too cocky about a vaccine, although I'm sure due to the mRNA nature it'll be more beneficial than not. However, it's ALSO why the entire world has just gotta suck it up at some point and get on about our business. As this thing continues to mutate, the vaccine makers will be playing whack-a-mole like they do with the flu shot, until it splits into so many strains like the cold that it's pretty much impossible to deal with all but the most common variants.
    This, I think, is where you struck the match, at least in your latest round of self-immolation.

Look, nobody here denies that a healthy diet (fermented foods notwithstanding) and exercise are on the whole are a good thing.

I mean, duh.

But earlier on, as above, and with other posts, you've consistently appeared to fall more into the fatalistic "gonna git us anyway and I gotta have muh freedumbz" camp than in the "let's actually try to engage in responsible public health behavior, much like we're seeing in other countries that have far lower transmission rates" camp.

Which is why you're getting shit from plenty of folks here. And your insistence on digging deeper while trying to change the subject into some kind of unnecessary wellness campaign is, uh, kinda embarrassing.

Bingo ^^^

Bloomberg News yesterday updated their vaccine tracker and California has the dubious honor of doing the worst job of getting vaccine in peoples arms. CA has only administered 38% of doses they have been supplied. CA has a huge budget surplus so its not from a lack of funding. Winners of this competition are West Virginia 78%, New Mexico 74%, Louisiana 60,% Utah 60,% Texas & Indiana 57%.

Lowest rates are Virginia 40%,Minnesota 41%, Massachusetts & Kentucky 43%, Maryland & Ohio 44%.

This is not the fault of the Federal Govt if they put the vaccine in the hands of local officials and they are not getting it done. WI my home state is at 50% and the Governor is complaining that they need more vaccine. WI is still not giving it to nursing homes and many have not even been contacted. IMO states tried to be too cute about who gets it first and when they found that more people than they thought refused to take it they have had to alter the administration process. States that took a more direct route of 65 and older sign up and you will get it had plenty of people to vaccinate.

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/c...-distribution/

Busted in WA:

A Redmond entrepreneur is facing federal charges after allegedly marketing and administering an unauthorized coronavirus vaccine — even after receiving multiple warnings from state and federal officials to stop, according to the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Seattle.

Johnny Stine, 55, a self-described biotech expert, was arrested Thursday after being accused of “introducing misbranded drugs into interstate commerce,” U.S. Attorney Brian T. Moran said in a statement.

According to Moran, Stine offered to inject customers with a “nCoV19 spike protein vaccine” for $400 to $1,000 through his company, North Coast Biologics, as early as March 2020 — well before any coronavirus vaccine had been federally approved.

Should have had people fly to him?