Page 482 of 929 FirstFirst ... 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 ... LastLast
Results 12,026 to 12,050 of 23206
    ^Israel’s sudden recent downturn—>boosters

Why isn’t that marked? I think we know why….

This guy gets it...

Shake it, shake it Sugaree...

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    Whoever is doing that graph labeling is bad.
    Israel vs. Sweden - apples and oranges as Swedish culture and density is VASTLY different than Israel. For example - Israel has 400 people per square km vs. Sweden's 25. You can also see the ramp start with the mask mandate lifted, then the exponential effects take root (especially considering time to positive test is anywhere from 4-18 days post exposure in general)
    Australia - So lockdowns work? It doesn't have any info on when lockdowns were lifted in different regions. It's meant to convince you that lockdowns don't work, but that long flat period shows they do even with their omission of regional opening status.
    The parabolic shape starts before the lockdowns on there. Good post, though, and useful: like nordekette, I'm hearing from idiots that are trying to explain the workings of the conspiracy and "we know lockdowns don't work" is a key piece of "evidence."

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    The parabolic shape starts before the lockdowns on there. Good post, though, and useful: like nordekette, I'm hearing from idiots that are trying to explain the workings of the conspiracy and "we know lockdowns don't work" is a key piece of "evidence."
    Lockdowns slow the inevitable, but the only way thru the pandemic is antibodies.

Australia doesn't have many Abs at this time, and they are lagging with vaccines. Not a good setup.
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Attachment 385079

Attachment 385080

Things that make you go hmmmmm?
    Or not.
    Sweden’s death rate per 100k is nearly twice that of Israel. Doesn’t that really tell the story?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Sweden’s death rate per 100k is nearly twice that of Israel. Doesn’t that really tell the story?

Not the right story ...

Quote Originally Posted by Smoova View Post
    Not the right story ...
    CS still trying to justify his stance of not getting vaccinated.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

I can’t help thinking what DTM and others touched on above. It really does seem like a large portion of the “never forget” people are the same ones who refuse to help their fellow man by getting vaccinated and wearing a mask. They still cry about 9/11 but don’t give a fuck about the almost 2k per day we are currently losing. 👎

Don’t get me wrong. This is a awful day. But these people are hypocrites.

[QUOTE;6401789]They still cry about 9/11 but don’t give a fuck about the almost 2k per day we are currently losing.

Don’t get me wrong. This is a awful day. But these people are hypocrites.[/QUOTE]

It's so much easier when there is a brown person to blame.
    Many people who are upset about COVID start ranting about China... but still do nothing about it. The here and now.
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Nah
    He’s too much of a pussy to not be vaxed.
    Just acting the cuntrarian

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Does anyone know if the Biden vax mandate only applies to the Pfizer vax?

Could one argue a mandate on an emergency use vaccine? Are we expecting full auth for the other 2 soon?

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

Well, there is this cool thing that was invented. You may have missed it. Google.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Bide..._AUoBHoECAEQBg
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Does anyone know if the Biden vax mandate only applies to the Pfizer vax?

Could one argue a mandate on an emergency use vaccine? Are we expecting full auth for the other 2 soon?
    The FDA did not exist in 1904 when the case law was established. If someone wants to argue that we don't have enough evidence to support a mandate that should make for a very useful trial. If it could only make it past summary judgment.
    A woman came up to me and said "I'd like to poison your mind
    with wrong ideas that appeal to you, though I am not unkind."

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	240730738_376102144032642_5195758556325057044_n.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	107.5 KB 
ID:	385097

Quote Originally Posted by wkd-rdr View Post

It's so much easier when there is a brown person to blame.
    Many people who are upset about COVID start ranting about China... but still do nothing about it. The here and now.
    Maybe, but there’s also an action component. Smashing…visually compelling, dynamic physical destruction of place people want to feel safe and normal.

Example: if we had a 50 car pileup on the highway here today, it would be a huge deal and people would remember it for a long time….but if we’ve got 100 people dispersed around the community in mild respiratory distress, trying to manage their poor O2 sat, getting driven to the hospital, etc…it’s not nearly as spectacular or memorable, and there’s no racial component to that comparison at all.

It’s not just the impact to life, but the damage to a desirable schema where you go in a building and feel safe, you get in a car and feel safe. Conspicuous spectacular destruction as a clear demonstration of previously unperceived risk.

Perception is such a weird weak link.

Every single day there’s some violent crime committed near my home, but I almost never even think about it because it’s happening inside a prison.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    It’s not just the impact to life, but the damage to a desirable schema where you go in a building and feel safe, you get in a car and feel safe. Conspicuous spectacular destruction as a clear demonstration of previously unperceived risk.
    Feels like a nice sign of The Turn that discussion should bend back toward the human foibles of more familiar wicked learning environments.

That stupid-sounding question "did she have a lot of comorbidities?" seems slightly more forgivable when remembering that we do the same thing for every avy death. Looking for ways they were different from ourselves, even though they weren't.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Perception is such a weird weak link.

Every single day there’s some violent crime committed near my home, but I almost never even think about it because it’s happening inside a prison.
    There ya go, keeping it real. Fuck, that's depressing. Fuck the prison industrial complex. Do you want to have serious criminals? Because that's how you get serious criminals.

Estimating prior infection / natural immunity in the US. There's many studies with many approaches, resulting in many "answers" on could use to support any argument. For a low estimate one could use the cumulative case count, though we know not everyone is tested. For a high estimate, I remember a couple serology studies from Summer 2020 that estimated we'd already reached herd immunity, clearly those were too high.

Here's 2 reputable organizations who've tried to sort out the evidence. (I don't read journals, just a paper now and then, so there's probably others)
    https://www.pnas.org/content/118/31/e2103272118
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...es/burden.html
    The PNAS paper estimates 1/5 of us were infected by March.
    The CDC estimates about 1/3 of us were infected by May.
    Infections were somewhat low between March and May, so we see two expert groups giving us a still somewhat wide range of answers. I think this illustrates difficulties with evidence quality in the US. To reach different answers, clearly the two groups evaluated and weighted studies differently.

What's happened since those papers? Infection rate was lowish between March and July. In the last couple months, cases have become high again, so add a few % to those estimates. Justifying "a few %" addition: In recent weeks the case rate has averaged about 150k/day. PNAS paper implied about 2x undercount, and CDC used about 4x. That gives estimated infection rate of 2-4 million/week, or 0.6% to 1.2%. Times several weeks at this high rate.
    10/01/2012 Site was upgraded to 300 baud.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    "The basis for an open society is vaccinations. 86 % of all invited (from 12 years and up) have received 1+ dose. 96 % of everyone above 50 are fully vaccinated." he tweeted Friday. "Throughout the pandemic [Denmark] has had higher acceptance than many comparable countries. No mandates needed."
    Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Things that make you go hmmmmm?
    Or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post

If a person is anti-restrictions they should be exceedingly pro-vaccination...

Everytime there is an uptick in new cases in my area there are lots of comments of “someone must have brought this in from elsewhere”.

The desire to blame it on outsiders is on a hair trigger for a lot of vocal people. They continually fail to comment on the fact that even if that were true the virus is spreading through locals due to lack of adherence to measures meant to prevent its spread.

So much easier for them to blame someone foreign than to look at their own failings and recognize their own roles in this situation.

Kinda like Texas and Florida when their “everything is great!” arguments fall flat - step 2 is to then say “well ok we are not great - but we are not great because of immigrants”

2nd hand hearing a military mom whining about her enlisted kid having to take a dishonorable discharge instead of the vaccine.. Yikes, don't the military already get extra vaccinations before being deployed... and then get real bullets shot at them.. but would rather quit with a DD instead of disobey the cult that is no longer CIC?? We're fucked if this is a popular position in the ranks..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Good example of why parents shouldn't always have the final say on raising their children.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    2nd hand hearing a military mom whining about her enlisted kid having to take a dishonorable discharge instead of the vaccine.. Yikes, don't the military already get extra vaccinations before being deployed... and then get real bullets shot at them.. but would rather quit with a DD instead of disobey the cult that is no longer CIC?? We're fucked if this is a popular position in the ranks..
    Jacob "something or other", aka the Horned Capitol Insurrectionist, took a dishonorable discharge from the Navy rather than take a vaccine. He was living in his mom's basement in PHX before his current address of federal jail. Kinda funny random fact: our tax dollars supported him when he was in the Navy, soon our tax dollars will support him in his new residence of Federal Jail. Fucking freeloader douche bag if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    That’s not to bright. You get so many shots in the military. Why would someone die on this hill? Dishonorable discharge is forever. Worse than being a convicted felon. IMO
    Own your fail. ~Jer~