Page 704 of 929 FirstFirst ... 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 ... LastLast
Results 17,576 to 17,600 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Not familiar with trench humor? Geez. You must be fun at parties
    We’ll, if you’re actually in the trenches like MagUni or beaterd (sorry Austin, but skulking around your local ICU with phone in hand doesn’t count), stoopid alt-right memes don’t fly all that well. But I bet you’re a regular laff riot at your Proud Boys parties.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Have there been any known fatalities from Omicron yet? Google as of two days ago says no. Is there any evidence yet to dash my (unrealistic) hope that this thing is far less severe but more transmissible and it burns through the world basically ending the pandemic?
    Stop with the optimism already. We need gloom and doom to drive clicks and sell ads.

Great thinking though! Would be pretty awesome to get a variant that spreads well, provides immunity, and causes minimal disease.

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Millions around the world have died , hundreds of thousands in the us have died, we are facing a mutated virus with unknown danger…but Textucky is outraged at their PC editing of the variant nomenclature!!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    An interesting observation.
    Your talking about the Safeway in Truckee - down the street from the high school?

Let me know if it’s a trend.

Mall mask behavior was interesting to observe at Meadowwoods mall last weekend
    It was Safeway in Tahoe city.

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    I was in Safeway the other day around lunch time a whole bunch of high school kids came in, to get stuff for luck i guess, none had a mask.

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk
    Were they obese, wearing American Flag T-hats, or carrying buck knives?

It is fair to be critical of the WHO's servile position to the PRC which also caused a poor initial response to this pandemic instead of leading the charge, syringes drawn. Remember, WHO was publicly praising PRC hard early on saying what a great job PRC was doing so that PRC wouldn't cut off funding and information while PRC actively lied through their teeth about human to human transmission, the breadth of the outbreak, timing, origins, and other key pieces of information while demanding that nobody cut travel with them while they cut travel within their own country but pushed people to travel abroad that they knew were infected. The same WHO who didn't declare a global pandemic until March 11, 2020, based on PRC pressure, when the whole world knew it was a global pandemic for weeks. Montucky is fucky about plenty, but calling out WHO for being PRC's bitch, that is a legit callout.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Millions around the world have died , hundreds of thousands in the us have died, we are facing a mutated virus with unknown danger…but Textucky is outraged at their PC editing of the variant nomenclature!!

He was denied a circle jerk and he's not happy about it and he would like to speak to the manager of variants.

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    Great thinking though! Would be pretty awesome to get a variant that spreads well, provides immunity, and causes minimal disease.
    We have that already. You can get it at Walgreens.. Only obstacle is stupidity...
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    We’ll, if you’re actually in the trenches like MagUni or beaterd
    I thought we were "all in this together." So long as we ALL have been effected, have lost people, have had to shut down society, wear masks, get the same shots, etc., then yeah, it's ok if we ALL get to crack some jokes too. ESPECIALLY when in relation to Xi cuz screw that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by sirbumpsalot View Post
    Were they obese, wearing American Flag T-hats, or carrying buck knives?
    Tahoe City!

They were just stoned
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    It is fair to be critical of the WHO's servile position to the PRC which also caused a poor initial response to this pandemic instead of leading the charge, syringes drawn. Remember, WHO was publicly praising PRC hard early on saying what a great job PRC was doing so that PRC wouldn't cut off funding and information while PRC actively lied through their teeth about human to human transmission, the breadth of the outbreak, timing, origins, and other key pieces of information while demanding that nobody cut travel with them while they cut travel within their own country but pushed people to travel abroad that they knew were infected. The same WHO who didn't declare a global pandemic until March 11, 2020, based on PRC pressure, when the whole world knew it was a global pandemic for weeks. Montucky is fucky about plenty, but calling out WHO for being PRC's bitch, that is a legit callout.
    THANK YOU. That's what I'm getting at. Skipping Xi is a pretty bitch move. Crazy how so many here are too busy gargling Pooh Bear's tiny little balls to admit that it is. Looks like Spook's been busy doing his part for the People's Republic indoctrinating this crowd!

Get your flu shots people... it used to be that if you have a respiratory illness, it is COVID because everything is COVID. Of course there was some RSV and Rhinovirus never went away.

Now I am seeing a lot of Flu A (likely H3N2) in the ER, and hospitalizations, including younger people, and including COVID + Flu coinfections (we are calling it Fluvid). Nobody is wearing masks anymore so seasonal RVs are back.

Get your booster and get your Flu shot!

Where did we end up on whether or not it’s appropriate to have a good laugh at idiots?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/relig...dical-freedom/

Marcus Lamb, founder of the large Christian television network Daystar, died Tuesday after contracting the coronavirus. Lamb’s network during the pandemic has made the virus a huge focus, calling it a satanic attack that should not be treated with vaccines. He was 64 years old.
    Daystar is the second-largest Christian TV network in the world, according to CBN News, a competitor, reaching 2 billion people worldwide. Its brand is a fluid, modern, charismatic faith, more about general good vs. evil, miraculous healings and religious freedom than any specific denominational theology.
    During the pandemic, Lamb and his network went in big with anti-vaccine conspiracy claims, hosting daily interviews with skeptics who talked about alleged dangerous, hidden forces pushing vaccines and stealing Christians’ freedoms. One section of a Daystar webpage titled “Vaccines: The Unauthorized Truth” begins: “What if the most dangerous thing your child could face in life is the very thing you’re told by your doctor is safe?”
    “There’s no doubt in my mind that this is a spiritual attack from the enemy,” Lamb’s son, Jonathan, said on the network earlier this month about his father’s covid-19 bout, Relevant magazine reported Tuesday. Talking about the alternative, unfounded treatments his parents promoted, Jonathan Lamb said: “There’s no doubt that the enemy is not happy about that. And he’s doing everything he can to take down my Dad.”
    Daystar spokesman Arnold Torres declined to comment Tuesday on Lamb’s career or his views of his illness before he died, or whether he was vaccinated.
    “The family asks that their privacy be respected as they grieve this difficult loss,” Torres wrote in an email. “Please continue to lift them up in prayer.”

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Skipping Xi is a pretty bitch move.
    Come on, do you really think WHO should have called it Xi? Think of the optics of the Omicron spreading throughout the world sending us back to square one? WHO may be China's bitch but I don't think this is a bitch move. They had no choice. Talk about bad luck landing on the letter Xi? Might as well call it the Trump or Biden variant. The situation is comical to me.

The Emperor of China and the Greek letter in question are are not pronounced the same, nor properly written in roman letters the same.
    习 is properly Xí not "Xi" and you ought to say it about like "she"
    ξ is properly written as Xi and pronounced "zai"
    Last edited by Summit; 12-02-2021 at 12:03 AM. Reason: corrected

Nobody here is saying the CCP has been blameless in the COVID19 pandemic, certainly not myself. But really, this whole Xi kerfluffle is just manufactured outrage from the Faux Nooz talking head set, like the "War on Xmas". Unfortunately that's all Austin can go on until his next "firsthand" hot take on empty ICUs.

Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    Omega is going to be fun with that crowd.
    There was a movie about the Omega Man with Charleston Heston... but I liked the Will Smith version better.

Name:  11361.jpg
Views: 471
Size:  152.8 KB

There was a movie about the Omega Man with Charleston Heston... but I liked the Will Smith version better.

Name:  11361.jpg
Views: 471
Size:  152.8 KB
    Charlton Heston version was very weird.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Today first words of a european union wide vaccination mandate circulated the news.
    I am happy i dont have to discuss this shit with antivaxxers anymore.

They can discuss this with lawenforcment and later with a judge.

What do i know about medicine....
    Nothing

I am a skibum.... and waxxed ; )

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Charlton Heston version was very weird.
    Simpsons Did It!

Name:  theHomega.png
Views: 500
Size:  365.9 KB

The Emperor of China and the Greek letter in question are are not pronounced the same, nor properly written in roman letters the same.
    习 is properly Xí not "Xi" and you ought to say it about like "she"
    χ is equally properly written as Chi vs Xῖ (not "Xi") and pronounced with a hard K like "Kai."
    You’re spoiling Austin’s fun

Here Austin - this just wouldn't be as good with Xi

Name:  Screen Shot 2021-12-01 at 2.49.38 PM.png
Views: 526
Size:  182.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post

That's exactly it. 2021 going out with a sharp chomp to the nutsack.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post

Okay, now that's gallows humor.

Hey wingnuts, sorry to rain on your parade passing up a xenophobia opportunity, but pissing on other cultures simply isn't the main purpose of technical names. Come on, it's an anagram of "moronic", at least, count your blessings.

I'm almost 4 hours in on boosterville, no problems yet. A good excuse to take it extra easy the rest of the day!

Looks like I'll need to cancel my booster appointment because..... I have Covid.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk