Page 696 of 929 FirstFirst ... 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 ... LastLast
Results 17,376 to 17,400 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by turner716 View Post
    Uhh 95% of Haitians are of African descent.
    Oh so the South African variant discovered this month is hereditary? The Hattians have and will bring it across the southern border because their ancestors from 300 years ago were in Africa and Africans are getting it now?

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    So we should call you British or what?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Of course.. That's why the UK variant started here and there at exactly the same time amirirte?? God save the queen!
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Have a booster appointment for tomorrow. Starting to wonder if there’s any merit in holding off to see if Omicron ends up needing an updated booster. Valid concern or not?

Hint. Try reading what people type. And then apply some context to what the post was in response to.

The thing in common between South Africans and Haitians is that both come into the United States illegally through the southern border.
    Hard to believe your minds are so twisted that you can’t even see what people actually type

If you Make me go find the video of a guy from South Africa saying this was the best time to get into the United States “in very good English”. I’m going to be very cross with you
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    Hint. Try reading what people type. And then apply some context to what the post was in response to.

The thing in common between South Africans and Haitians is that both come into the United States illegally through the southern border.
    Hard to believe your minds are so twisted that you can’t even see what people actually type

If you Make me go find the video of a guy from South Africa saying this was the best time to get into the United States “in very good English”. I’m going to be very cross with you
    You are a dumbass and a blight on this place

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Been years since I slept at a Holiday Inn so my advice is probably dated. Get the booster. It will up your immune response. If a distinct booster is needed, that will take a while to get in the works and again the old and the compromised get first in line.

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Have a booster appointment for tomorrow. Starting to wonder if there’s any merit in holding off to see if Omicron ends up needing an updated booster. Valid concern or not?

I have one today and for a second, thought the same. However, it will take a while for Omicron boosters to get out there, if needed. Not a doc though!

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post

You’re going to be very cross? How will you “own” him, point a gun at your head again?

You should stay in the gun thread, maybe post more video of you stumbling around at the range while you play Rambo.

Uhh 95% of Haitians are of African descent.
    I’m stunned that you typed that out and pressed enter as a response to this conversation.

Cases now detected in Hong Kong and the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    I’m stunned that you typed that out and pressed enter as a response to this conversation.
    You have to admit you probably bear some responsibility for pointing out a local low point and tempting the universe to demonstrate Einstein's best explanation of infinity.

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Been years since I slept at a Holiday Inn so my advice is probably dated. Get the booster. It will up your immune response. If a distinct booster is needed, that will take a while to get in the works and again the old and the compromised get first in line.
    that's the side of the fence I'm sitting on, #3 at the Sugarloaf Chapel tomorrow!

#woke
    Name:  34648_r646x705.jpg
Views: 512
Size:  77.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Jono's statement was Haitians African's what's the difference.

Genetically speaking not very much when compared to say an Englishman and an African.

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post

tc - I think your concern is valid, But
    I would go ahead with the booster of the current vaccine, Because

not enough is currently known about omicron, And
    it will take Time to develop a specific vaccine IF one is needed ;

meanwhile, you still run the risk of Breakthough infection, especially from Delta.

boosted November 13th, I will volunteer for a omicron trial if eligible.

Good luck. tj

MTT's statement was Haitians African's what's the difference.

Genetically speaking not very much when compared to say an Englishman and an African.
    FIFY. Clean the crap off your screen.

#woke
    Huh?

OK, to all you OAN gargling right wing parler consuming Bannonites: the Southern US border is not our source of problems for most infectious disease especially COVID (except TB, Peru has bad MDR TB and Brazil has a TB/HIV prevalence issue). Most Central and South American countries have higher vaccination rates for most vaccine preventable illnesses than the USA and right leaning Americans are the primary antivax groups for COVID. Race is not the issue for COVID unless you mean white right males who are antivax and antimask. So STFU about that.

OK, to you left leaning gotta oppose anything that might possibly be racist (or any idea that is supported by a racist even if the idea is not) types who run literally any fact or good idea through that thought blender before evaluating it: just because racists exist and Trump was a racist president does not mean that border controls are bad, that temporary travel bans are primae facie ineffective, or that we can talk about world health measures only up until we are suddenly banned from talking about disease prevalence if people are of a certain skin tone or from certain geographic areas. Africa is a MDR TB and HIV AIDS disaster. Because people in Western and Sub-Saharan Africa are predominantly "black" does NOT make them diseased and dirty. Africa is the poorest continent and there is high disease prevalence that tracks poverty. Knock yourself out talking about the historic reasons for it, but we are dealing with the now. And please stop thinking everyone who lives in Africa is black or that "black" as American culture discourse defines the term carries over to some monolithic transnational identity on the African continent, because it doesn't!

Now, let's return to discussing Unicron:

Name:  unicron-transformers-last-knight-explained-facts-215739.jpg
Views: 660
Size:  81.4 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20211126_172424.png 
Views:	78 
Size:	315.9 KB 
ID:	394233
    I see hydraulic turtles.

Sigh....

By the time a new variant is identified and if it is in a city that is internationally connected by air travel it is probably too late for containment.

As for Racist VS Woke, yeah, whatever.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

61 Omicron cases in Netherlands.

We should IMMEDIATELY ban all non-essential travelers coming from/through Europe & Africa.

All essential travel (returning US citizens/residents) should quarantine.

This isn't about containment. Omicron will come. This is about delaying and rate limiting to allow us to determine the threat and prepare a response if one is necessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    61 Omicron cases in Netherlands.

We should IMMEDIATELY ban all non-essential travelers coming from/through Europe & Africa.

All essential travel (returning US citizens/residents) should quarantine.

This isn't about containment. Omicron will come. This is about delaying and rate limiting to allow us to determine the threat and prepare a response if one is necessary.

Agreed!! Two weeks could be the difference for life and death for tens of thousands.

Just got my booster and flu shots at the same time, one in each arm of course. Slow roasting chicken and potatoes, Netflix on cue, doubled-down on the CBD and ready for battle.

Seven posts to ignore list. Turner716 sets a new record

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    temporary travel bans are primae facie ineffective
    Early data suggest Omicron is as transmissible (or more) than Delta and it is not contained to the Southern African continent. So what is your response to leaders of Southern African countries who complain about G7 countries hoarding vaccines and punishing their countries for having more extensive genetic testing than, say, the US? As you point out, COVID is really no big deal, relatively speaking, in Africa. So why should they give a fuck? Why should they spend any money at all on genetic testing if, when, they do the honest thing and alert the world about the new variant the G7 countries' first response is to ban travel from the countries doing the alerting (despite most experts saying it won't really accomplish anything).